Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Leaving Feeback on Half.com Cancellations

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-04, 06:22 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I bought a copy of Ed Wood from a seller on Half.com about two weeks ago and he just cancelled my order and issued a refund, saying that he didn't have the item after all.

How many of you would leave negative feedback for this seller? It seems unlikely to me that it's an honest mistake - he probably just sold it for a higher price elsewhere (I had paid MSRP for it).

The problem I have with leaving negative feedback is that they tend to leave negative feedback for me as well (for what, paying right away?).

At the same time, I'd like to warn other eBayers and Half.com customers away from these people who won't complete the sale.

What would Jesus do?
Old 02-14-04, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Email him and ask why took so long. I had that happen I listed the wrong item/not had it after all and a day or two after I confirmed realized it and refunded. I did email the person and inform them of error and such thou.

If you really want to leave feedback leave a neutral stating cancel after 2 weeks. a neg will only get you one in return.
Old 02-14-04, 11:06 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
I e-mailed the guy several times to find out if it shipped and he never replied to me. The only reason I knew anything about it was because Half.com e-mailed me when he cancelled the order.

I'm just a little P.O.ed at the guy.
Old 02-14-04, 11:14 PM
Suspended

Well, it seems that the same guy cancelled a TONNE of orders. He has a dozen negative feedbacks today.

I guess I'll let them speak for me.
Old 02-15-04, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

still leave him feedback.
Old 02-15-04, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I ordered a DS9 season DVD set a while ago and was cancelled by the seller. I gave him a neutral feedback and explained that the seller cancelled it. If the seller continue to post product for sale, then cancel it, eventually he will get a lot of bad feedback and noone will deal with him.
Old 02-15-04, 10:46 AM
Suspended

Okay, I left a neutral, stating the facts.

Let's see if he leaves me a negative in return, now. :/
Old 02-15-04, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There is a way to leave a negative feedback without getting one yourself. PM me and I'll explain.
Old 02-15-04, 05:37 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by howwon
There is a way to leave a negative feedback without getting one yourself. PM me and I'll explain.
There are no PMs on this board, and you've elected not to receive e-mail from members here.

Could you e-mail me with your explanation?

[email protected]
Old 02-15-04, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by jough
There are no PMs on this board, and you've elected not to receive e-mail from members here.

Could you e-mail me with your explanation?

[email protected]
Explanation is on its way.
Old 02-15-04, 08:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I sell stuff (a lot of stuff) on Amazon for our store. No matter how hard one tries mistakes will be made. Every once in a while (quite rare but it happens) I cannot find an item that sold. I email the buyer immediately and issue the refund immediately. No one should take two weeks to ascertain that an item is missing. BTW, I have a 5.0 out of 5.0 feedback rating.
Old 02-16-04, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Just this weekend, I ended up selling a buddy a game that had been listed on Half.com for a while. Of course, the day after I sold it to him, I received an e-mail that it sold on Half, before I could remove it. I never confirmed the order so the buyer has no reason to be pissed, but things like that can happen.
Old 02-16-04, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
I had a similar situation--I had someone purchase something that had been listed for like 1.5 years. Before we moved, I put a lot of stuff on 'suspend' so it wouldn't be sold. This one I missed however. They ordered it, and I spent 2 days looking for it--found it in the storage unit, and it had heat damage so it wasn't in the same condition as when I posted it for sale. I cancelled the order, with an explanation what happened--I actually got *POSITIVE* feedback, saying something like 'order was cancelled, but he told me why' I of course responded immediately with another positive, praising the buyer's courtesy and understanding.
A lot of it would depend on:
* history of feedback [I've got 100% positive]
* how the seller handled it--cancelling or ignoring with no notification or explanation is not right
* is it a 'business' or a 'person'--I'd probably be more likely to leave neg for a 'business', because that's their business, and just like we come here to complain about bad B&M or online experiences, that's what the feedback allows us to do.
* what likely happened to the item. Knowing the situation with Ed Wood, he either didn't get the item as he was supposed to, or did get it, saw it going up in demand, and wanted to charge what the market would bear on Ebay.
* I don't trust people who pre-sell things anyway on Half.com. I remember when Arc the Lad collection came out for PS1, some scumbag had it listed 5 months before it was due to be released, for 50 bucks more than the direct-sales price.

Like movielib says, mistakes do happen--I don't hold a mistake against somebody. How they *handle* it, that's what makes or breaks it for me. It doesn't seem like jough's seller handled it right--especially when you make a point of trying to proactively contact him.
It would be interesting to check the seller's listings on ebay, see what s/he is selling right now....
Old 02-16-04, 02:25 PM
Suspended

Well, this was for an Ed Wood DVD, so it's not like the guy had it sitting on eBay for two years.

There were about a dozen other negatives on his account (I left a neutral, since I did get my money back) with people complaining about the same cancellation.

His "official" reason for cancelling was that he couldn't get a shipping notice from his supplier - so essentially he was selling a product he never even had.
Old 02-17-04, 09:41 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
You put something on Half you need to have it in stock. You don't you deserve a negative (or at least a neutral), especially if you don't respond to emails.