TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Apprentice 2/12

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-04, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apprentice 2/12

Pretty tense episode!

For probably the first time I really didn't know what was going to happen in the boardroom.
There was some great back and forth action there.
Trump really stepped up and showed his power. Cool.

Next week looks good. Getting the cast to do something more practical and hands on.

Of the guys I am rooting for troy.

Of the ladies, and as much as people dislike her, and think she's fugly, I really would like to see heidi take it.

Although next week doesn't look promising for her...
Old 02-12-04, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Trump dislikes both Heidi and Amarosa right now. So their chances are slim. Second week in a row the firee could have saved themselves if they would just fight a little. How can Jessie sit there and repeatedly say she likes Amarosa? I was baffled.
Old 02-12-04, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If Trump wanted to get rid of the person who showed bad character by taking insults, he should have dropped Heidi. She took way way more.

Poor cute Jesse.

Amarosa drives me nuts. The way she was all to Jesse "..now now... you take responsibilty..." in front of Trump was soooooo arrogant.

Gotta love that other girl with the wacked out ideas for charity auction stuff. Asking Rocco to pay for a flight to Europe and spend a week with someone! haha!
Old 02-12-04, 10:23 PM
Mod Emeritus

That chick was on crack.

"No be prepared to be blown away, an 80 day trip around the world with 100 people, you stay at the best hotels, have your own personal jet, along with a small army of butlers and maids at your disposal"

"WTF is going to pay for it?"

"Draw a blank dumb face"

"You know Tiger Wood rights?"
Old 02-12-04, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

You know what else I dislike about Amarosa? the way her face moves when she changes expressions...
Old 02-12-04, 10:26 PM
Mod Emeritus

Jessie was very dumb. I was trying to figure out how she was this Marketing Firm owner or whatever. Oh she's from a small hick town, now it make sense.

I think part of what Trump is doing is finding stupid excuses to get people out who aren't interesting. He is the exec producer. Keep Amarhosa in is makes more fireworks better ratings. He's not stupid. I'm sure if Jessie had defended herself he would have singled out another reason for her to go.

BTW is the name Mizrahi really THAT HARD TO PRONOUNCE???
Old 02-12-04, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, I've seen the last two weeks, and both weeks it was a crappy reason. Like... "oh, I hate this.. but this other thing I hate more, so you're fired."
Old 02-12-04, 11:57 PM

Originally posted by BizRodian
You know what else I dislike about Amarosa? the way her face moves when she changes expressions...
Yes, Exorcist comes to mind, I keep bracing myself, expecting her head to start spinning around.
Old 02-13-04, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I gotta admit they had me going there for a bit. I thought Trump and Co were gonna turn the tables around on Ponderosa. How will she and Heidi work together now after that?

Poor Jessie. I wish I could console her...in my bedroom.

I'm rooting for Bill to win the big thing. And Tammy seriously needs to go.
Old 02-13-04, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Carson Daly auction scene was funny. It's like, "Mom, can I please have ten grand to hang out with Carson?"

I didn't care who got fired in that boardroom, but Ponderosa definitely seems like the best of the three. But damn, you gotta feel for Troy and Kwame to be stuck on that team. Sinking ship all the way.
Old 02-13-04, 12:28 AM

Good episode too bad Jessi got fired she should have defended herself better. I seriously thought Omarosa was going to get fired since she was project Manager and that attitude she displayed in the boardroom but then again the Donald threw us all a curve ball didn't he?
Old 02-13-04, 02:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

After the way Jessi stabbed Kristie in the back, I was glad she went.

Here are my feelings so far:

1) It was stupid for Omorosa to insult Jessie AND Heidi
You know she will have to go back with one of them and
will probably go back to the board room with them later on.

2) Heidi and Omorosa will both be eliminated

I haven't seen anything impressive from Kwame, but I haven't seen him do anything terrible in terms of hurting his team.

My prediction: He'll also be fired

I would agree that Protege seems like a sinking ship. Troy
will probably be the only one left from that group. He may have a
shot at taking it all

There may very well be another "corporate reshuffle" in the next 2 weeks.

3) Tammy will definately be fired.

I predict the final 6 will be:

1. Troy
2. Amy
3. Ereka
4. Nick
5. Bill
6. Katrina

Has anyone else felt that the guys have always been the
better4 leaders even when they were getting their butts kicked?

I like Troy but it sounded like someone was questioning his ethics in the upcoming episode. Did anyone else catch that? I wouldn't be surprised if he gets booted. However, he certainly looked good during some of those negotiations.

Here are my final 3:

1. Bill
2. Amy
3. Nick

Feel free to offer your opinions.
Old 02-13-04, 03:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think Omarosa rubs everybody the wrong way. She's too arrogant and condescending.

I hope she getts booted out next

I thaught Amy did really well last night her offers were well pitched annd reasonable. Unlike Tammy who went overboard..and sold nothing!

I'd like to see Amy,Katrina, Bill and Nick in the final four

Troy is very likable but that hillbilly accent gets to me after a while
Old 02-13-04, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Tammy was brutal last night. What world does she live in? I thought that Omarosa should have gone, especially after the disrespect shown in the boardroom. I just hope Heidi and her and amongst the next to go.
Old 02-13-04, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
The only thing worse than the chicks of Protege is the amount of fluff and commercials NBC shoves into these super-sized episodes. I can't even imagine how people watch this show live. It would drive me crazy. Needless to say, I am floored that NBC will actually start this at 9 pm next week.

I think part of what Trump is doing is finding stupid excuses to get people out who aren't interesting. He is the exec producer. Keep Amarhosa in is makes more fireworks better ratings. He's not stupid. I'm sure if Jessie had defended herself he would have singled out another reason for her to go.
This is what I said the first time Sam escaped the chopping block. This is why this show will never be better than Survivor - Trump always has the power and can manipulate things to create the most ratings-friendly atmosphere.
Old 02-13-04, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

As much as I dislike Assorama, I grudgingly agree the Donald made a better choice in firing Jessie.

If I was a business owner, I'd much rather have pain-in-the-neck- Omarosa work for me than meek little mouse Jessie. Jessie seemed so out of her league. At least Omarose seems more experience and polished at doing business. I had to wonder how Jessie even made it to the show. She seemed like a college student on her first internship or something.

I thought it was funny that Jessie only jumped in to speak up for herself once she realized she was getting the boot. "Pleeeeeease don't fire me, Mr. Trump" she whined. Ugh. That was just pathetic.

I guess last week her advice to Kristi wasn't a Machiavellian ploy-- she followed the same advice this week in the boardroom and it was her downfall. I think she would have lasted another week if she had spoken up for herself more.
Old 02-13-04, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Russell Simmons was awesome.
"No good. Next idea. What else you got. That's bad. Next."

I wanted to shake the sense out of Tammy with her wacked out ideas.

The auctioneer was pretty cool, too.
"What's the matter, daddy doesn't wanna go to ten grand?"
Old 02-13-04, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
I didn't even know who most of those 'celebrities' were.
Old 02-13-04, 09:28 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by Jadzia

I guess last week her advice to Kristi wasn't a Machiavellian ploy-- she followed the same advice this week in the boardroom and it was her downfall.
I was thinking the same thing. It's amazing how dense Jessie is. Someone was saying last night how she was talking to Mizrahi like he was a child. No, she talks to everyone that way, because she IS a child. She actually meant what she said to Kristi, so I think Trump made the right choice, though at first glance it does seem like he chose based on ratings.
Old 02-13-04, 09:51 AM

Originally posted by rabbit77
Russell Simmons was awesome.
"No good. Next idea. What else you got. That's bad. Next."
Actually I thought he was quite rude. Who is that guy anyway? I saw him on MTV Cribs once. He had gold chandeliers all over the place. Very gaudy, imo.
Old 02-13-04, 09:53 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
The best way to describe Russell Simmons is as the "Donald Trump of Hip-Hop."
Old 02-13-04, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by taa455
Actually I thought he was quite rude. Who is that guy anyway? I saw him on MTV Cribs once. He had gold chandeliers all over the place. Very gaudy, imo.
He reminded me of Mr. Wolf. "If i'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast, and I need you guys to act fast if you guys wanna get out of this. "
Old 02-13-04, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Did we ever find out what the celebrity experience with Tiki Barber was? I thought the slumber party was pretty cool.

Right now, I'm thinking Bill and Amy as the top two.

Tammy has got to go. Apparently, she was Miss Chinatown (Seattle). After seeing her with those celebrities and that weird lower jaw thing she has, I'm not sure how she could have won.

I have to admit that Carson Daly handled her prettty well even after she said "Let's go back to the golf thing"
Old 02-13-04, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

For the Regis package, I'm surprised they didn't suggest "be a guest host on Live with Regis & Kelly". Regis is always trotting out his wife Joy to fill in for Kelly.

I remember when Kathie Lee Gifford left, they even had a viewer contest where they allowed different viewers and college students to guest host every day.

Something like that would have probably fetched a lot more money than just going to see him perform in Atlantic City.
Old 02-13-04, 11:21 AM
MrN

Originally posted by Red Dog
The only thing worse than the chicks of Protege is the amount of fluff and commercials NBC shoves into these super-sized episodes. I can't even imagine how people watch this show live. It would drive me crazy.

Yep, thank you TIVO!

Didn't NBC overhype the supposed 'romance' in the episode? It ended up being some talk about baby names and a walk down the street.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.