Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

In A Fix

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-04, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
In A Fix

Anybody watching TLC's new home improvement show In A Fix. I think it's a good show and better then While you were out has been this season. Plus one of the carpenters is hot as hell. Anyhow that's not the point. I'm watching tonights episode and I've never seen a homeowner on any show of this type be as big of a dick as this guy. He changed the plans several times and even refused to let the show continue filming for a day until they redid the design. I have no idea why the show didn't just walk out and let him finish it himself.
Old 02-11-04, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't seen this show and I've dropped While You Were Out this season. I'm also just skimming through Trading Spaces since that show has long jumped the shark.

So what's the premise/hook of this show all about?
Old 02-12-04, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

From TLC's website...

We know they mean well, those Do-It-Yourselfers. But what is that ol' saying about good intentions? The In A Fix team selects a home repair project that has gone terribly, shockingly wrong — gaping holes in ceilings, gutted kitchens ... think more Beirut than Bethesda. With a complicit spouse, we stage a dramatic "intervention" on the family handyman or woman in desperate need of help. During the hour, we not only fix the problem, we up the ante — a small fix becomes a major redo.
Basically they find a couple with a part of there house that needs some serious repair. They get a designer and a bunck of carpenters and in 3 days they fix ther house up (usually a couple of rooms)

It comes on at 7 every night I believe.

Speaking of While You Were Out and Trading Spaces. The new host for WYWO sucks and I can't stomach watching it anymore. TS can still be good but I don't like any of the non original designers but every once and a while there will be a show with 2 original designers and either Ty or Amy-Wynn and it will have the old feel to it again.
Old 02-12-04, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really wanted to like IAF, but the contrived soap-opera subplots involving the workers just killed it for me. Just show me how to fix the house.

I do like Clean Sweep. Unlike TS, the designers actually want to help the homeowners build a livable space. The TS designers completely ignore homeowner input and use the show as a platform to show off how funky they can get.

Last edited by Pistol Pete; 02-12-04 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-12-04, 10:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: In A Fix

Originally posted by Timber
Plus one of the carpenters is hot as hell. Anyhow that's not the point.
Of course that's the point.
I kid my wife about this and tell her that my new favorite T&A home improvement show is coming on.

I like the Aussie guy too. He's kinda funny.
Old 02-12-04, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well of course that's what got me watching the show. In fact When she's not on there I don't watch them.