TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Enterprise 02/11/04

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-04, 06:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Enterprise 02/11/04

Episode Title: "Harbinger"

A dying alien refuses to disclose his motives for exploring a spatial anomaly while Reed quarrels with a colleague over a revamped set of training drills.
Story By: Rick Berman and Brannon Braga*
Teleplay By: Manny Coto
Directed By: David Livingston

*I'm guessing the number of "watchable episodes in a row" will end with last weeks.
Old 02-11-04, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depends on what you mean by “watchable” I guess.

Reed should try Granger if he needs a new set of drills. [Ba-dump-bump]

Well, my 12-step group fell apart, and with all the news about the show, I figure I should be around to see when this thing hits the iceberg. History in the making, and all that.

The thing that interests me: Paramount wants to beat this dead horse to the 100 mark. For syndication? For the DVDs?

Angel just hit 100, and has been in syndication for a while. Three season’s worth of DVDs. Dead Like Me has all of 14 episodes and is [will be] on DVD.

Better shows than this have been killed without so much as a “Thanks for playing.”
Old 02-11-04, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Wizdar
Depends on what you mean by “watchable” I guess.
Strictly by Enterprise standards only.

Make of that what you will.........
Old 02-11-04, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
not too bad. I'm just glad Culp got some screen time since he hasn't been on JAG for a few weeks

anyone not go "why are they calling the Suliban an 'alien' and not 'suliban'?"
and if it wasn't supposed to be a suliban the makeup dept should be fired for reusing the suliban look

next week
Spoiler:
a voyager episode that I don't remember well enough to know if it was good or bad comes back to life as an enterprise ep
Old 02-11-04, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mikehunt

next week
Spoiler:
a voyager episode that I don't remember well enough to know if it was good or bad comes back to life as an enterprise ep
The Voyager episode wasn't bad, but the Enterprise version might be better since it's writer, Chris Black, is one of the better ones of the series.
Old 02-11-04, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

[B]not too bad. I'm just glad Culp got some screen time since he hasn't been on JAG for a few weeks

anyone not go "why are they calling the Suliban an 'alien' and not 'suliban'?"
and if it wasn't supposed to be a suliban the makeup dept should be fired for reusing the suliban look
It wasn't a Suliban. The makeup was similar, but very different in coloring and texture.
Old 02-12-04, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
yawn.

Was it just me or did this ep seem like 10 minutes of story and 35 minutes of filler?
Old 02-12-04, 06:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I was right to begin with: this episode was "unwatchable".

Three storylines that went nowhere.

Reed is more concerned with his adolescent pride than the overall mission objective. If I had any respect for his character, it's gone now.

T'Pol is no Vulcan. I don't care what her excuse is, "getting it on" with Trip is not something a Vulcan would do unless under some alien influence or during Pon Farr. I'm pretty sure we didn't get either last night.

The big storyline was just as bad. Had it been a Suliban, I think it would be more interesting. Instead we get another expanding Expanse sub-plot. Unless the Expanse "Makers" are going to help stop the Xindi, what's the point of introducing them? The "previously on Enterprise" segments are starting to get rather convoluted as it is.

As for next weeks: ripping off a Voyager episode.
Old 02-12-04, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Jesus, Chew, that was scary. I thought I was reading one of my posts.
Old 02-12-04, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I liked it.

I always thought of Malcolm as a wimp but it's good to see he can hold his own.

Both T'pol and T'pol lite were hot and Trip got to get it on with both of them. Lucky guy. I don't have a problem with the alien sex. Vulcans may supress thier emotions but they still have them and it's been well documented that T'pol isn't the greatest at supressing hers. Their have been more than a few Vulcan/Human relationships on Star Trek so this one isn't out of the norm.

Plus, she's a hottie.

D
Old 02-12-04, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
It could have been worse. That's not a ringing endorsement but this is Enterprise afterall. I think Travis had more dialogue in this episode than he's had all season! None of the story lines were all that wonderful though I must say I enjoyed the ending. Hey Archer - you gets nothing!

You think by now Archer would learn NOT to bring any aliens on the ship. Every time it happens, the ship gets attacked or taken over. Learn to walk away.
Old 02-12-04, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
but he said they'd have stuff to gain by the destruction of Earth, just like the suliban would
I think it was a suliban that had itsdna altered more than they normally do
if that's not what the writers intended then they should have picked a completely different look

Originally posted by MvRojo
It wasn't a Suliban. The makeup was similar, but very different in coloring and texture.
Old 02-12-04, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

oh, and I think travis has better muscle structure than all the security people combined
wish I had arms like that
Old 02-12-04, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
If that alien could walk through walls, why didn't he fall through the floors?
Old 02-12-04, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
but he said they'd have stuff to gain by the destruction of Earth, just like the suliban would
I think it was a suliban that had itsdna altered more than they normally do
if that's not what the writers intended then they should have picked a completely different look
Unless that alteration went as far as the genetic level, Phlox would have identified him as a Suliban. I think it was an unfortunate choice of a similar costume (although I did like the semi-Ben Grimm look). Would like to have seen Phlox stand up to Archer a little more on the medical ethics front, though.

N'Pol and Tripp's inevetable "gettin'-it-on" session was a bit of a surprise, as I figured it would be one of those dream sequences/mind control things that never really happened. The little minx should continue her experiments with the rest of the crew, starting with Hoshi.
Old 02-12-04, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Berman Death Watch: Week 2

The second sweeps episode pulled in much worse ratings than the first (Last weeks: 3.4/5).

"Star Trek: Enterprise," 2.5/4, bringing up the rear on UPN.
Old 02-12-04, 01:38 PM

Originally posted by Damfino
Probably the same kinda deal with an episode of ST:TNG where Geordi & Ro were in some sorta phased effect where they could walk thru walls but yet be able to walk on floors.

BTW...next weeks preview looks like a remake of an episode of ST:VOY where the crew had to go thru an area of space in suspended animation. Even the Phlox (The Doctor in Voyager) will be the only one awake during the process...

Unreal
Old 02-12-04, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

“Star Trek: [sic] Enterprise,” 2.5/4, bringing up the rear on UPN.
B&B have been giving it to us up the rear since the first episode.
Old 02-12-04, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I was beaten to the The Next Phase reference, but one (lame) explanation (for yet another large trek plot hole) is that since he could control is walking through stuff maybe he kept his feet solid except for when one of them was going through the wall then he'd plant that one amd move the other

Originally posted by Damfino
Old 02-12-04, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Chew
Berman Death Watch: Week 2

The second sweeps episode pulled in much worse ratings than the first (Last weeks: 3.4/5).
Actually, you are comparing overnights to fast national ratings.

Last week's episode got a 3.4/5 overnight, this week's got a 3.6/5.

Last week's got a 2.4/4 fast national, this week's got a 2.5/4.
Old 02-12-04, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by MvRojo
Actually, you are comparing overnights to fast national ratings.

Last week's episode got a 3.4/5 overnight, this week's got a 3.6/5.

Last week's got a 2.4/4 fast national, this week's got a 2.5/4.
Ah-ha. That's what I get for going to a different website this week for the numbers.

Either way, things aren't looking so hot for Berman.
Old 02-12-04, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My first thought was, why were they recapping so damn_many storylines in the intro? Certainly they weren’t going to try to incorporate them all in the same episode, were they?

Then everything seemed to be moving smoothly. Trip’s got a new haircut [and doesn’t he look just peachy!] and it looks like he’s gonna get lucky with Lady Grunt.

Reed’s having a hissy fit with Head Grunt.

And Travis. Travis speaks!!

But then they run into the space puss or the cosmic omelet or WHATEVER the hell that stoopid effect was supposed to be, and I lost it.

B&B have created this “expanse” and told us up front that the laws of physics were going to be bent. What they didn’t say was, it gave them license to do whatever the F they wanted, even using Angry Red Planet stuff straight outta the 50s. And, since we bought into it, we couldn’t say dick.

They should be ashamed. The chickens that laid the eggs used for that “effect” should be ashamed.

The fight scene between Head Grunt and Reed was good, though. It’s too bad they had to go on Reed Alert and chase the alien. I got the feeling they were gonna end up “together,” if you know what I mean. [Insert Seinfeld quote]
Old 02-13-04, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Wizdar

B&B have created this “expanse” and told us up front that the laws of physics were going to be bent. What they didn’t say was, it gave them license to do whatever the F they wanted, even using Angry Red Planet stuff straight outta the 50s. And, since we bought into it, we couldn’t say dick.

They should be ashamed. The chickens that laid the eggs used for that “effect” should be ashamed.

I liked that weird spatial anomaly thing. It looked really cheesy and reminded me of something that could have been in the original series.
Old 02-13-04, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I thought it was from TOS.
reminded my of that space amoeba thing
Old 02-13-04, 12:23 PM

N'Pol Lite - it's what's for dessert!

Well, now that they've introduced the "makers" or whoever t he hell you call them, they could be outing the bad guys of the temporal cold war and the entire Xindi plot becomes another front in that conflict.

Maybe I'm a pig, but I can watch A LOT of video with n'pol gettin' it on with Trip. Takes a southern gentleman to get the poon tang. "T'pol lite" for the marine - I like that. They are obviously going to continue this little triangle, thereby keeping my tongue hanging out.

The fighting was pretty good.

What the hell was the last line of Ben Grimm-look alike? I missed the last word. He said something like: "When the Xindi destory earth, my people...." Anyone catch that.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.