Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

American Idol 2-4-04

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-04, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
American Idol 2-4-04

Okay, who else thinks Scooter Girl got robbed? The judges couldn't make up their minds about how they wanted her to be. And on top of that, she had a great voice. Her version of "Tell Him" was groove-tastic. I dunno, maybe I had to be there...
Old 02-04-04, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

WTF. My Tivo didn't record anything. Could somebody post a recap?
Old 02-04-04, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
Yeah, I think they canned Scootergirl because she wasn't what they right image of what they wanted. Cookie cutter pop. She probably could've taken the whole competition.

I honestly don't know why I bother watching this show. The only two singers that made any kind of impression on me at all are Scootergirl and Bri Garcia. The rest just didn't seem interesting at all. I guess the process just sort of fascinates me.
Old 02-04-04, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, we almost got into this show but with Scooter Girl and George Huff gone we've lost interest. They're just weeding out anyone with a spark of originality. Feh.
Old 02-04-04, 10:14 PM

I lost interest when William Hung was told to leave.
Old 02-04-04, 10:18 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It does seem like they got rid of most of the interesting personalities. I suppose the idea is that they want us to judge off performance and not personality, but come on! Ah, I'm just mad the midget girl got knocked off.
Old 02-04-04, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
I like that girl that sang w/ the first group, but I can't remember her name. Short blonde hair and has the last name Le something. She's damn good.
Old 02-04-04, 11:23 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Matt robertson, or whatever his name is. THe football player. I think he is great! great personality, beautiful voice. I hope he takes it all the way.
Old 02-04-04, 11:44 PM

The girl Elizabeth that sang with the first group is not only good, but Smokin Hot....The model is also very attractive, but they haven't shown her singing all that much....

Bruce
Old 02-04-04, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by whynotsmile
Matt robertson, or whatever his name is. THe football player. I think he is great! great personality, beautiful voice. I hope he takes it all the way.
I like him, too. I have to hand it to whichever of the brothers who was in his group, blew the words, and blamed him and George for going to sleep the night before. You've got to have some nads to shove off your choke-job on a giant O-lineman. I'd like Matt to can the constant reminders that he was in the Rose Bowl, though.

I'm sorry to see George go. Not sure what more he could have done. You had to know that the self-promoter guy (I don't know many of the names) demanding that Simon forget the fact that he was stinking up the stage was going to get booted. That was nice. I'm not quite sure why the red-headed crooner kid is sticking around. I like the guy, but he hasn't really show more than the ability to sing Sinatra-style tunes.

Not so sorry to see Scooter Girl go. The voice just wasn't doin' it for me, dog.
Old 02-04-04, 11:53 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally posted by DVD007
The girl Elizabeth that sang with the first group is not only good, but Smokin Hot....The model is also very attractive, but they haven't shown her singing all that much....

Bruce

she has the REAL american idols, if you know what I mean.

Hint: I mean boobs
Old 02-05-04, 02:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Suprised Scooter Girl was given the boot. I am 100% convinced that once viewer voting came into place, she would have easily made it into the top five. Great voice but also a hell of lot more fun to watch perform than anyone else.

But, more than anything, really, REALLY P.O.ed that the model is still around. Gave a mediocre initial audition. Couldn't remember the words for either of her first two songs. And for some reason, we weren't given the chance to see her final solo audition. My guess is that it wasn't even passable. Simon agreed that her voice wasn't as good as many other contestants but then told her to belive in herself. Maybe she'll be the next Susan Kane.

Other thoughts:

- I am suprised that the crooner (alfalfa??) is still around. I like his voice. I like standards. But there is no way it will be adaptable to anything post-Rat Pack. He'll be knocked out in the first theme show, if not sooner.

- Still hate the football guy. His off-colored tone prior to his initial audition just rubs me the wrong way. Plus his "I am the only person working here" attitude is really getting tired. He is this year's Josh. Just replace the word "Marine" with "Rose Bowl" every time he talks. Just hope he doesn't make it nearly as far.

- George was doomed from the start, despite the fact that he is the vocalist that Ruben should have been. Great voice but "too old" (said sarcastically). Bet if he had just shaved the moustache, he would have made it to the next round.

- When Simon said that this years group again has "raised the bar," I nearly choked on a peanut. Besides possibly Scooter girl or George (both booted), not one singer comes even close to vocal quality of Clay or Kim from last year. This year seems to be entirely image.

- People I can't wait to see booted: the two brothers; the football player; the model; and the brooding, whiny loner (strange how we weren't allowed to see even one of her L.A. pieces...solo, original song, group, second solo).
Old 02-05-04, 04:26 AM

I'll jump on the bandwagon for being annoyed that the model is still around. I didn't think much of her during her first audition. I couldn't make up my mind whether I liked Scooter Girl or she annoyed me but I would have liked more time to figure it out. I sort of liked the girl from the first group although I noticed that she was sort of cut from the Anastacia mold - at least vocally.
Old 02-05-04, 04:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
First they don't send Soldier Girl to Hollywood - now they kick off Scooter Girl! Are the judges intentionally trying to make this the most BORING American Idol ever?!

Both those girls were easily top-ten material.
Old 02-05-04, 06:41 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
Oh crikey. Scooter girl based on the 2 episode I Saw her on this week annoyed me to no end, there is no way she is an american idol. she has no personality at all.

Compare her with the girl with the pink hair, I don't know the names, but she is super cute, and has a great personality

Scooter was just too fake. There is no way I could have seen her winning.
Old 02-05-04, 06:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by TheAllPurposeNothing

- Still hate the football guy. His off-colored tone prior to his initial audition just rubs me the wrong way. Plus his "I am the only person working here" attitude is really getting tired. He is this year's Josh. Just replace the word "Marine" with "Rose Bowl" every time he talks. Just hope he doesn't make it nearly as far.

- People I can't wait to see booted: the two brothers; the football player; the model; and the brooding, whiny loner (strange how we weren't allowed to see even one of her L.A. pieces...solo, original song, group, second solo).
I'm completely with you about that football guy. That "I'm American" comment from a few weeks ago still rubs me the wrong way, but I was thinking, *maybe* something was editted out that would make the comment seem more humorous, I don't know.

The "brooding, whiny loner?" Do you mean Bri? I want her to stick around just 'cause she's so different than the other people on the show--appearance-wise, I mean...
Old 02-05-04, 07:09 AM

I think that they definately gave Scooter Girl too much screen time, for her not to get any further. I am betting she comes back as a judges wild card. The same thing could be said for George Huff.
Old 02-05-04, 07:10 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I like the model, as long as they keep showing her frolicking in that bikini.
Old 02-05-04, 07:33 AM

Does anyone else think scooter girl is high-on-speed girl? She annoyed me to no end & I'm glad she is gone. Bummed about wee-girl.

My favorites are now Rose Bowl, Conan O' Brian, & He who is She.
Old 02-05-04, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Isn't George Huff the black guy that they told acts too old ?
I thought he made it. If he didn't then he got robbed.

The guy that also got robbed was Michael. He was the guy that sang Unchained Melody and Simoin told him it was one of the best versions he had ever heard.
He had one of the best voices and he didn't forget his lines.
Why did he go ?

They kept people who couldn't remember any lines (2 brothers, 2 black girls...)

I think Elizabeth is going to win it all.
She's hot and has a great voice !
Old 02-05-04, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Amy Adams is one of my early picks. She's the one with the fuschia colored hair.

Fantasia's voice is too hysterical for me.
Old 02-05-04, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

When do the wild cards come into play? Is it possible that we could see someone NOT in the final 32 actually come back?
Old 02-05-04, 08:09 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by Professor Frink
When do the wild cards come into play? Is it possible that we could see someone NOT in the final 32 actually come back?
Yes, somebody who wasn't in the final 32 can end up as a wild card. Last year, Carmen made it to the final 12 even though she wasn't in the final 32.
Old 02-05-04, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm mad about Scooter Girl too. She's the only one that was interesting. I have no idea what badlydrawnboy is talking about above in saying she had no personality. She's the only one that DOES have personality. I also don't know what the judges are talking about, she's one of the few that showed any spark in any of her auditions. Yet the judges tell her to choose a style or something. Meanwhile pretty much every other singer just sings their songs normally with no real personal flair to them, yet none of them are criticized about having no style. Also, she did pretty well in the aired auditions and didn't forget any lines.

Meanwhile, it seemed like half of the people that advanced completely forgot their lines. Like that one girl that they kept showing as the one that blew off the first audition in the pool with the other guy (is that the model that everyone is referring to?). Her first audition she didn't even sing a single line... she couldn't even get past the FIRST LINE OF HER SONG. How can you get confused less than 5 seconds into a song??? And she still got to the next round!

Seems like the judges already decided who to pass on and who to cut before the auditions even started making them largely pointless for all but a handful of people. That pool girl, the 2 jesus brothers, that red-haired 16 year old rat pack guy - all were simply horrible in every audition they showed after their initial one in the open tryouts, yet they still make the final cut.
Old 02-05-04, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Mad Dawg
I like him, too. I have to hand it to whichever of the brothers who was in his group, blew the words, and blamed him and George for going to sleep the night before. You've got to have some nads to shove off your choke-job on a giant O-lineman. I'd like Matt to can the constant reminders that he was in the Rose Bowl, though.
I just posted this in the Tuesday thread. Every time he talks about how hard things were in the Rose Bowl, I want to pierce my eardrums so I never have to hear it again.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.