Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

PS2 Tiger Woods 2004 Advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-04, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PS2 Tiger Woods 2004 Advice

I love this game. The details are incredible and I'm feeling like I'm getting the hang of it. My difficulty is with putting. I've been struggling with how to interpret the caddie advice into where I should actually put the cursor. I know putting is supposed to be a challenge but I'm really struggling. Does anyone have advice on putting in this game. I'll be quite grateful for any advice.

mud...
Old 02-02-04, 11:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mud,

Putting with the caddie advice can often be daunting. But after awhile it will be old hat.

Couple of tips. I find that when it offers a certain length past the hole you should really consider extending it longer by about a third of the total distance. I also find that generally 1 inch of length or width is pretty much equal to one press on the D-Pad. This is not always the rule but after some practice you should be able to determine distances in feet rather than inches.

When you are putting short, never follow the short distance displayed. If you follow the caddies direction invariably you will also be short of the hole. I find that decreasing the distance by a third (see above) you will have far more luck.

This may sound strange but when putting to the left shorten the width by a couple inches as compared to the right. I'm not sure why this works but I find that one foot right isn't quite the same as one foot left.

Also consider investing in new putters, ones with high luck preferably. Also if you are using your own golfer spend all your money in putting, especially if you feel more comfortable in other areas.

Thats the best I can offer, good luck!

Ian
Old 02-03-04, 02:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, that putting stuff ain't easy.
I did however read an FAQ that gave some tips about how to work the gren.
Search google for "tiger woods 2004 walkthrough" and you should find some good material.

Here's the short of it......
- there's no difference b/w left side of hole and right side (not that i've noticed anyhow)
- the cup is a little less than 6 inches in diamter, so 2-3 inches left or right shouldn't be outside the cup.
- there are some decent estimates as to the distance b/w lines on the grids (different distances depending on how far from the hole b/c the grid expands as you leave the hole)
- basically, it's very memory oriented. You have to remember the "eyeballed" distances and continually adjust them as needed, then remember what works and what doesn't

There's not really a magic secret to sinking 60 foot putts consistently that i know of.