Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Question about closing "duplicate" threads.

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-04, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The threads in question are

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=340729

and

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=342304

-----------------------------------------------------
Hi, I just had a question about duplicate threads. The second thread listed was closed due to duplication but I'm confused..

Although both threads are about the show punk'd, one was originally started saying the show would continue, while the second one listed was started discussing past seasons. Further, the second thread was started three days after the last post of the first (granted, i just deleted a post I made yesterday I believe). Currently, the original post is on my 5th or 6th page listed as post 168-172 somewhere with the last post being made on 1/17, while the closed one is on the first page, with the last post being made on 1/27. My question is..how old does a post need to be before your aloud to start a new one, and...are we not allowed to have more than one thread per show even if they have different discussions? Do we really need to search for old posts on the 10th+ page when we want to make a comment on something. Maybe i'm being too picky, i don't know Thanks...

-Jeff

Last edited by MrJeff; 01-27-04 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-27-04, 03:23 PM
Moderator Emeritus

IANATTM(I am not a TV Talk moderator), but

The first thread turned into a discussion of the show, rather than just talking about the fact that that it will continue. The posts made in the second thread could fit in the first. So it was closed as a duplicate. Three days between threads on the same subject isn't very long. There's no set age of a thread before it's ok to start a new one. There's no need for two threads when one will do.
Old 01-27-04, 04:24 PM

aloud != allowed
Old 01-27-04, 04:42 PM

True, I just feel that maybe the older thread with the last post of 1/17 should of been closed as opposed to the newer more recent one.

Originally posted by AndyCapps
IANATTM(I am not a TV Talk moderator), but

The first thread turned into a discussion of the show, rather than just talking about the fact that that it will continue. The posts made in the second thread could fit in the first. So it was closed as a duplicate. Three days between threads on the same subject isn't very long. There's no set age of a thread before it's ok to start a new one. There's no need for two threads when one will do.
Old 01-27-04, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MrJeff
True, I just feel that maybe the older thread with the last post of 1/17 should of been closed as opposed to the newer more recent one.
So, if I want this thread to be closed, I just have to post a duplicate of it?

Old 01-27-04, 05:35 PM

If its 10 days old, sure... Then again, why close a thread thats inactive anyways. Its not my forum though so its not really for me to say

Originally posted by stevevt
So, if I want this thread to be closed, I just have to post a duplicate of it?