Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Wind Waker 2?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-04, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wind Waker 2?

I haven't been around for awhile, I heard in a thread that there's a WW 2?! any news/screenshots?

thanks all
Old 01-27-04, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's coming, but no news or screenshots yet.

Hell there isn't even any news on the new Zelda game Capcom has been working on since BEFORE the re-release of Link to the Past on GBA. Here's hoping some stuff appears at E3.

Considering that they'll be working on the exsisting WW engine, I am hoping for a release this year, possibly near the holidays.
Old 01-27-04, 12:17 PM

I've heard that you're not the same "Link" as last time but he will make an appearance. Supposedly some of the water is gone too but not all. I'll have my GBA for a Tingle-tuner and my DS for a Dingleberry-dual-tuner-thingamabob. This is going to a great year, another Zelda and Metroid (with multiplayer) among others plus a new system.
Old 01-27-04, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I enjoyed Wind Waker but I could live with far less sailing. Even with the shortcuts it still was just too much.
Old 01-27-04, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The sailing did suck.. but it was the first time in a video game I ever sat there thinking "Holy crap, this is a HUGE world!".. that scope is not realized in other games. Besides, once you get the warp song it's not TOO bad. But I will agree that I hope it's not as much in the new game.

I had a great idea for WW2 in another thread.. I'll have to see if I can find it..
Old 01-27-04, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here we go:

Wind Waker 2 (obviously it will be called something else). Thank GOD they didn't listen to the whining 12 year olds and are keeping the Wind Waker style graphics, espically considering I think that game has the best graphics of any game I've ever played, nothing comes close. Miyamoto has stated that the game will offer something different for Zelda fans this time. Hopefully they mean different gameplay elements while staying true to what made OoT and WW great, and keeping away from the retarded errand boy style of Majora's Mask and parts of Wind Waker. If it does end up being a direct sequel to Wind Waker, I hope they cut out, or down, on the sailing. It was fun, but we already had that game. I think a good idea would be to be able to guide both Link and Tetra through the game. I think it'd be awesome if they split it up so that parts of the game have you playing the characters seperate, and part of it with them together, kinda like having the 2nd characters in Wind Waker, though WITHOUT having to play a song to switch characters. Just a thought of mine.. I think it would be something different while keeping true to the Zelda style game.
Old 01-27-04, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A couple of (related) things I'd like to see implemented in a zelda game:

-allow ALL conversations to be read rapidly. It works most of the time, but during certain crucial parts of the game, you have to watch each character appear individually.

-allow the cut scenes associated with playing the ocarina/wind waker to be skipped. After I changed the direction of the wind for the 10,000th time, it got kind of old.

I'm sure there are others, but they're slipping my mind.
Old 01-27-04, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I enjoyed wind waker but I don't think I will go for a spin on the new one. The graphics were okay, I just think they should have started a new franchise using the cel shaded look.

If they go back to the realistic graphics, I'm there.

I know that sounds old but I did enjoy WW, it was a nice change of pace, but it is time to change it back.
Old 01-27-04, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Ugh, i hope they change the look. Hated Celda when the first screenshots came out and still hate it now.
Old 01-27-04, 02:52 PM

Originally posted by fumanstan
Ugh, i hope they change the look. Hated Celda when the first screenshots came out and still hate it now.
But have you played it? Particularly a dungeon level? As much as I loved (and still want) the Space World 2000 "realistic" version, Wind Waker is amazing. Literally it is like playing an animated movie...
Old 01-27-04, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by rawer
But have you played it? Particularly a dungeon level? As much as I loved (and still want) the Space World 2000 "realistic" version, Wind Waker is amazing. Literally it is like playing an animated movie...
It's no use trying to convince some people.. I gave up. Unless it looks drab, boring, and ugly with crappy textures and looks like every single other generic army, military, EXTREME shooting 3D game, it's shit to some people. I've learned to ignore it and be happy that I'm playing Zelda while they are playing Max Payne 3.
Old 01-27-04, 03:01 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
I think that they should make it a globe and have the moon pull the tides, revealing entrances, treasures, creatures, things like that.

I would buy the second one in a heart beat... even though I still haven't beat the first one yet (in fact I've only played it twice since Summer and still have one scroll to find).
Old 01-27-04, 03:19 PM
Suspended

The worst part of Wind Waker's graphics is the shallow drawing distance. It could have been an artistic choice to blur out things in the "background" (which could be just a few steps ahead) by doubling up pixels, but the effect looked so bad that I assume it was done for performance reasons. It was a real headache to look at objects in the distance. The indoor dungeons didn't exhibit this effect.
Old 01-27-04, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Goldberg74
I would buy the second one in a heart beat... even though I still haven't beat the first one yet (in fact I've only played it twice since Summer and still have one scroll to find).
Man.. if it wasn't so rude, I'd command you to get back to it and finish it.. the final battles of the game are amazing.
Old 01-27-04, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by trigun
The worst part of Wind Waker's graphics is the shallow drawing distance. It could have been an artistic choice to blur out things in the "background" (which could be just a few steps ahead) by doubling up pixels, but the effect looked so bad that I assume it was done for performance reasons. It was a real headache to look at objects in the distance. The indoor dungeons didn't exhibit this effect.
Yeah I complained about this when I first got it as well. I got over it pretty quick as the rest of the game looks so amazing. Personally, I'd rather have the blur effect than objects "popping" up in the background.. I'm not sure if this was the tradeoff or not, but if it was I'll give it my blessing.
Old 01-27-04, 03:40 PM
Suspended

While we're on the subject of WW, has anyone ever heard of a graphical issue in WW where solid colors are displayed, you get a grid-like appearance? Usually happens at night sailing... kinda annoying.
Old 01-27-04, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by PixyJunket
It's no use trying to convince some people.. I gave up. Unless it looks drab, boring, and ugly with crappy textures and looks like every single other generic army, military, EXTREME shooting 3D game, it's shit to some people. I've learned to ignore it and be happy that I'm playing Zelda while they are playing Max Payne 3.
Max Payne 3 is out!!!??

Just kidding. I haven't finished Wind Waker either, but I'm kind of inspired by this thread to get back into it.
Old 01-27-04, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Actually I enjoyed the sailing aspect of Wind Waker. The music that plays during sailing is fun, and I like exploring huge worlds (I totally loved Morrowind for this reason). I just didn't like having to sit thru the cut scenes for changing the wind direction.
Old 01-27-04, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,035 Posts
Before I got the warp spell, I would read magazines as I sailed across the map.

Losing that aspect would be all the improvement I needed.

Last edited by Draven; 01-27-04 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-27-04, 04:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wind Waker and Metroid Prime are my first 2 games I'm replaying when I'm prog scan capable.
Old 01-27-04, 04:30 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by balancer
While we're on the subject of WW, has anyone ever heard of a graphical issue in WW where solid colors are displayed, you get a grid-like appearance? Usually happens at night sailing... kinda annoying.
Yeah, I noticed the color dithering as well.
Old 01-27-04, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
That's rather idiotic if you think people need "convincing" as to what looks good and what doesn't. I have yet to find a cel-shaded game that is visually appealing to me... XIII has been the best to me so far. Heaven forbid someone dislike an art style.
Old 01-27-04, 06:31 PM

It's no use trying to convince some people.. I gave up. Unless it looks drab, boring, and ugly with crappy textures and looks like every single other generic army, military, EXTREME shooting 3D game, it's shit to some people. I've learned to ignore it and be happy that I'm playing Zelda while they are playing XIII.

Fixed it for ya
Old 01-27-04, 11:09 PM

I wasn't a cell shading fan at first but now it's another story. Games like Zelda, Viewtiful Joe, Mark of Kri and Go Go Hypergrind have made me appreciate it. It is a shame when people dismiss a game on graphics alone. They're loss.
Old 01-27-04, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think Wind Waker has pretty much the most impressive graphics of any game I've ever seen. And I've see A LOT of games

Oh well, to each his own.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.