Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

"Disturbing Behavior"- If you own it, watch a certain scene (cussing soda cans!)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

"Disturbing Behavior"- If you own it, watch a certain scene (cussing soda cans!)

Old 01-25-04, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think this movie is pretty stupid, but if you own it, watch a certain part. The scene where Steve and Rachel escape from the hypnosis/mind control lab, or at least are trying to. They come face to face with 'Chug', who is at the vending machine holding a soda can. When he opens the soda up, the soda can clearly speaks the word "****"(<---The "F" word). I'm not kidding. Don't believe me? Watch the scene and report back. I need to hear other people's reaction to this.
Old 01-25-04, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The scene occurs at 01:09:43 (Chapter 32).

The can does not say the "f" word. It sounds like a normal can that when opened.
Old 01-25-04, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'd listen closer then. I've already confirmed this with quite a few people on other message boards.
Old 01-25-04, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,875 Posts
I thought something was up when, while watching this on commercial cable, the can said "Fudge" with the voice of the guy who does car commercials.
Old 01-25-04, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Funny.
Old 01-25-04, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The sad thing is, the can gave the best line read in that turd of a movie.
Old 01-25-04, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Actually, you're probably right!

The director tried to blame the producer's for chopping up and ruining his movie, but his director's cut on the DVD sucks as well.

I actually talked to one of the producer's and this is what she said:
======
The original script by Scott Rosenberg was one of the best script she had ever read. It was wonderful. David Nutter is a hack. He can't direct. He ruined the movie.
======

Ouch!
Old 01-25-04, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 619 Likes on 478 Posts
This is the movie with James Marsden, right? There's a director's cut available?
Old 01-26-04, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The DVD includes all the scenes from Nutters "director's cut" and it tells where in the film they go. I have a friend who edited it all together on a VHS into a full length feature, and it still sucked just as bad. I lay the blame on Nutter. I don't like the look and feel of his direction. Bland.
Old 01-26-04, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The director's cut was aired on Sci-Fi in widescreen. Since the theatrical cut was 84 minutes, Sci-Fi took out all the naughty language and nudity, and then added in the scenes from the "director's origional version."

I'm a fan of Disturbing Behavior, not a great film by any means, but it's a fun little b-horror film. While I do prefer the director's cut, I can still watch the theatrical cut.

I don't have any blame with Nutter, he's a good television director. Too bad he couldn't do well with the film (thus going back to television). He tried the best with what he could do with a shitty script from a shitty writer (Scott Rosenberg should rot in hell for a majority of the films he's written... *cough* Kangaroo Jack *cough* Gone In Sixty Seconds *cough* Impostor *cough*, but I do like Beautiful Girls and Con Air, but I'll say that's beginner's luck) and a bunch of producers who've produced a lot of shit. No wonder why said female producer said it was the best script she's ever read.

But if I really want to see a movie in which people turn into robots, I'll put in The Stepford Wives.
Old 01-26-04, 04:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 619 Likes on 478 Posts
Darn. I actually like this film and washoping a director's cut was made with the footage featuredin the deleted scenes (sans the sex scene which I found out ofplace and wisely cut). Like Matthew Chmiel says, it's not great but fun.

Plus it has a cool Shirley Walker score.