Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

EMINEM: update on new album - Due 3rd Qt. 2004

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-04, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

By the fourth quarter of 2003, Eminem's fourth solo album was about half-way finished. But late last year, the majority of his songs such as "Bully," "Come On," "Monkey See, Monkey Do," "Love You More" and "We As Americans" was leaked and made its way onto the Internet.

"I was about six to eight songs deep," Eminem told XXL magazine. "Now I'm about three to four. It's so painfull to have them things go; it's all a work in progress. Choruses can be changed, lines can be changed, there are certain lines on the shit that I feel like I can hit better. Those [leaked songs] were a day in the studio, making a song, and you go home at night with it and that's what you live with until you're ready to mix it down. The mix from the rough version is like night and day."

Eminem's upcoming fourth album will along with 50 Cent's second album be released in the third quarter of 2004. It features guest appearances from D-12 and G-Unit and production by Dr. Dre and Em himself.

"I really like Slim Shady," Dr. Dre, who's executive producing the album, commented. "I like him talking shit and pissing people off. That's where he's gonna go next, talking shit and raising eyebrows."

"Eminem fans will not be disappoined," manager Paul Rosenberg told XXL magazine. "He's gonna have a lot of responses to everything that's going on. No stones will be left unturned."

[RAPNEWSDIRECT.com]
Old 01-23-04, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: EMINEM: update on new album - Due 3rd Qt. 2004

I can hardly wait to see what he has to say about Hilary Duff, Clay Aiken & other current pop icons..

Though, I gotta admit, "We As Americans" was different...for a change.
Old 02-20-04, 01:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

D-12's new album featuring 50 Cent, Cypress Hill, Kanye West

Shady Records and Interscope Records is scheduled to release D-12's second album, D-12 World, on April 20th 2004. The first single is "My Band," with "Pour Your 40 Out" on the B-side, D12World.com reports. The video for the single will be shot soon.

Other songs set to be featured on the album includes "American Psycho II" featuring Cypress Hill and produced by Dr. Dre, "D-12 World" produced by Kanye West, "Get My Gun," "Let's Get It Crackin'" and "The Good Die Young."

50 Cent is also said to make a guest appearance on the album. Besides Dr. Dre and Kanye West, the production is handled by Hi-Tek, Red Spyda, Sick Notes, The Track Boys and of course Eminem and Kon Artis.

[STREETHOP.com]
Old 02-20-04, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Can't wait. I'd like to hear those leaked Eminem songs...I mean, if they're already "out", why not?
Old 02-26-04, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

updated:

D-12 Sees The 'World' With Dre, Kanye West

Eminem-led rap act D-12 will release its follow-up to 2001's "Devil's Night" April 27 via Shady/Interscope Records. "D-12 World" features production from Eminem and the group's Mr. Porter, as well Dr. Dre, Trackboyz and hip-hop man of the moment Kanye West. Additionally, labelmate Obie Trice guests on the set.

Featuring Eminem, Mr. Porter, Proof, Bizarre, Kuniva and Swift, the group followed the lead of its star and has sold more than 2 million copies of its debut in the U.S., according to Nielsen SoundScan. In the time since releasing "Devil's Night," Mr. Porter has produced hit singles for 50 Cent and G-Unit, and Proof appeared alongside Eminem in the film "8 Mile."

The new album will be preceded with the single "My Band," which the label says is about how the group has to share the spotlight with Eminem. Interscope has already fed tracks from "D-12 World" to the underground mix tape circuit, as "Keep Talkin'" and "6 in the Morning" are readily available online.

Trice lends his vocals to "Good Die Young," a tribute to late D-12 member Bugz. Elsewhere, "Loyalty" chronicles the group's dedication to Shady Records, "10-9-8" is said to have a gothic slant and "Brain" is described as an aggressive, sex-obsessed cut.

In a statement, the group's Kuniva says, "At this point in our careers our business sense has matured in many ways, but as it relates to the new album we begin to establish our separate identities making it possible for each member to elevate to the next level within our careers. With 'Devil's Night,' we were happy for the opportunity to be in the studio and finally making an album so we took that opportunity to have fun with it. On 'D12 World' there's more of a balance, you'll still find lighthearted material but we touch on serious subjects as well."

[BILLBOARD.com]
Old 08-30-04, 09:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
An update on the new album.

Story here
Old 08-30-04, 10:17 PM

Looking forward to this one. His CDs have progressively gotten better and better.
Old 08-30-04, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally posted by PJsig08
Looking forward to this one. His CDs have progressively gotten better and better.
I thought that the Eminem Show was an *incredibly* strong album. There is no performer that conveys emotion like Em. Just listen to The way I Am, and not come out feeling like this is one pissed off dude.
Old 08-31-04, 12:39 AM

At first, the Eminem show was just a good album to me...but after listening more and more to it, I realized it was simply amazing and outdid the Marshall Mathers LP, which certainly was not easy to do.

The first time I lit one up and listened to the Eminem Show all the way through, I had an amazing experience...really got into it for some reason
Old 08-31-04, 09:23 PM
Banned

Re: Re: EMINEM: update on new album - Due 3rd Qt. 2004

Originally posted by Rogue588
I can hardly wait to see what he has to say about Hilary Duff, Clay Aiken & other current pop icons..
Gee, I wonder if he'll give em mad props or something. I don't know why a guy as talented as Em wastes his time writing mamby pampy songs instead of shit with some real substance. He certainly seems like he's capable.
Old 08-31-04, 09:24 PM

I really hope that most of the "released" songs would not have made the final cut for an Eminem album. There were only 1 maybe 2 tracks that were on par with just about anything that made his other albums. Even if the final versions are night and day, the weren't up to snuff.
Old 08-31-04, 09:26 PM
Banned

Hope he decides to slap on 'The Sauce' on it. It's old but still a kickass song.
Old 09-02-04, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
14:59.....

tick tock tick tock
Old 09-02-04, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by jay77

tick tock tick tock
yeah, no... not really...
Old 09-02-04, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Rivero
Hope he decides to slap on 'The Sauce' on it. It's old but still a kickass song.
AGREED

Old 09-03-04, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

tick tock tick tock
Ridiculous.
Old 09-06-04, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

tick tock tick tock
Old 09-08-04, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

tick tock tick tock
I think he has proved he is not just a 15 minute wonder. He has had a number of hit songs on more than one album and a hit movie.

I think he has some real talent.

Of course I am not his target demographic being 42.
Old 09-08-04, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

tick tock tick tock

Yea ok 30 million records and a hit movie sounds like he is going away real soon.
Old 09-08-04, 09:55 AM

Originally posted by BigDaddy
Yea ok 30 million records and a hit movie sounds like he is going away real soon.
And lets not forget the Academy Award AND the Grammy awards. Yeah, his 15 minutes are going to be up REAL soon. :P

Jay77 is off his rocker.
Old 09-08-04, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I think it's wishful thinking..
Old 09-08-04, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is this D-12 group very popular? I was at the gym today and a couple of guys that came out of a big SUV that said D-12 on it went in as we were leaving. Several people were gawking at them and whispering so I figured they must be someone. I did a search and found this thread.

I went to their website, http://www.d12online.com/ , and if you click on the "Bio" section at the top, they are the two standing guys on the left. In fact, the guy in the red jacket was wearing that exact jacket.

Also, what does 4-27-04 (I think that's what it was) stand for? It was in huge numbers on the back of the truck.

Last edited by Goblincat; 09-08-04 at 07:45 PM.
Old 09-08-04, 10:55 PM

They have obviously rode the Eminem triain to realitive rap stardom. Personally, I think they are not terribly bad and I really welcome any rap that isn't only about bitches and money. They tour often without Eminem and still pull in decent crowds I believe. My guess is 4-27-04 was the date their latest albulm, D12 World, dropped.
Old 09-08-04, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
As far as I know they have been with Eminem since the start. That date sounds right for when the last cd came out.