Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Is HOD3 the only current lightgun game for the X-Box

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-04, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
Is HOD3 the only current lightgun game for the X-Box

I saw that Silent Scope is coming soon, but I'm wondering if I've overlooked anything that's already out.
Thanks for the info!
Old 01-22-04, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Maximum Chase could use a combination of light gun and controller, but don't quote me on that.

Jeremy
Old 01-22-04, 01:45 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

no I believe HOD3 is the only, and the new sniper rifle that is coming out for Silent Scope is sweet, you can take it apart and use it as a handgun for HOD3
Old 01-22-04, 01:52 PM

Originally posted by Corky Roxbury
no I believe HOD3 is the only, and the new sniper rifle that is coming out for Silent Scope is sweet, you can take it apart and use it as a handgun for HOD3
Actually A ShotGun for HOD3. Theres a commercial for it on the new Xbox Magazine DVD. It looks cool.

btw Jade Empire looks ultra cool! And the Halo2 documentary is just increasing my anticipation for it to be released. (both are on the aformentioned disc)

Also Starsky and Hutch let you use a lightgun. 1 guy drives other guy shoots
Old 01-22-04, 03:16 PM
Banned

Any pics of this gun I've never seen it.
Old 01-22-04, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I played Virtua cop 3 at the arcade the other day and i must say that it rocks... It has a slow motion petal and the graphics are a hell of alot better than any of the time crisises... I hope this one hits xbox... i might buy a lightgun for that game

Edit. Took me awile but i found a picture.. (not sure if it's a real pic of it or not but this is all i could find)

Last edited by glassdragon; 01-22-04 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-22-04, 09:08 PM
Banned

Originally posted by glassdragon
I played Virtua cop 3 at the arcade the other day and i must say that it rocks... It has a slow motion petal and the graphics are a hell of alot better than any of the time crisises... I hope this one hits xbox... i might buy a lightgun for that game

Edit. Took me awile but i found a picture.. (not sure if it's a real pic of it or not but this is all i could find)

Holy shit that looks like crap. Yeah I got my OXM today and they had a ad for it that is the real gun. My god it looks so bad but as long as it works. I just hope the pump action does not wear out fast. Thanks for the pic god that looks like shit. Anyone know the price tag the gun is going to be at lanch.
Old 01-22-04, 09:18 PM

Shit, that looks like shit...Oh my bad TOPDAWG...looks like u've read all our minds...But shit...that looks like SHIT...Damn...Alien guns. I think I can mold a better looking gun from shit. But I'd buy it as long as it works well.
Old 01-22-04, 09:25 PM
Banned

Originally posted by indy2029
Shit, that looks like shit...Oh my bad TOPDAWG...looks like u've read all our minds...But shit...that looks like SHIT...Damn...Alien guns. I think I can mold a better looking gun from shit. But I'd buy it as long as it works well.
Well you can always do a mod to it.
Old 01-22-04, 11:39 PM
dgc
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Here's a review:

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Sto...1843.05329.htm

49.99 at gamestop:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=801667
Old 01-23-04, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,188 Likes on 4,215 Posts
Man. $50 seems like a lot of money for that ugly-ass thing. It looks like somebody ran over a Rock-'em Sock-'em Robot. I guess the legal department tried long and hard to come up with a design that would look so unrealistic that even if you were sitting on the top of a book depository and aiming one of those things at the president, nobody would try to shoot at you. This is what legal departments are for; to cover the company's asses from the biggest dumbshits out there.
Old 01-23-04, 12:35 AM

It's ugly, but it seems pretty solidly built as far as a game controller goes. I've got one right here next to my desk. Now if there was a game I had that took advantage of it, hopefully the Silent Scope Complete Collection doesn't slip on its ship date, or this will just be a hunk of green plastic doing nothing for some time.
Old 01-23-04, 12:46 AM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

Calico, you have this gun now, you know you can break it down and use it for HOD3, you have to let us now how it works, I currently own a 50"lcd tv but am buying a 36" tube tv just to play this any nes lightgun games with my organe zapper
Old 01-23-04, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah i heard that it can be broken down as corky said and used on hod3... let us know how it is

i know you said this already corky but i had to emphasize the point
Old 01-24-04, 01:04 AM

Yep, it does break down into a pump shotgun config, but I don't have HOTD 3 around to test it with, and can't find a copy for the life of me.

I played around with it just to see how it was constructed(imagine a grown man walking around with a big green toy rifle and pretending he's playing a game with it...it's rather funny) and the pump action is ok, not great, the rifle is very light, the trigger is pretty good. It definitely feels 'plasticky' but I wasn't expecting it to have the heft of real gun metal or anything.

As soon as Silent Scope Complete rolls out (or my local Hollywood Video stocks HOTD 3) I'll be sure to quickly let you guys know how it works.
Old 01-24-04, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Calico
Yep, it does break down into a pump shotgun config, but I don't have HOTD 3 around to test it with, and can't find a copy for the life of me.

I played around with it just to see how it was constructed(imagine a grown man walking around with a big green toy rifle and pretending he's playing a game with it...it's rather funny) and the pump action is ok, not great, the rifle is very light, the trigger is pretty good. It definitely feels 'plasticky' but I wasn't expecting it to have the heft of real gun metal or anything.

As soon as Silent Scope Complete rolls out (or my local Hollywood Video stocks HOTD 3) I'll be sure to quickly let you guys know how it works.

you're the pr rep and they won't let you "borrow" a copy of HOTD3?

tell them it's for "internet pr work"
Old 01-24-04, 03:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts
Calico, you have this gun now, you know you can break it down and use it for HOD3, you have to let us now how it works, I currently own a 50"lcd tv but am buying a 36" tube tv just to play this any nes lightgun games with my organe zapper
Why are you buying a different TV? Can it not be used with any kind of TV? I own a 65" HD and will be quite disappointed if I can't use the gun on it.

I guess I am the only one that thinks it looks cool.
Old 01-24-04, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by brianluvdvd
Why are you buying a different TV? Can it not be used with any kind of TV? I own a 65" HD and will be quite disappointed if I can't use the gun on it.

I guess I am the only one that thinks it looks cool.
Unfortunately, lightguns are not compatible with LCD TVs.
It's likely the same with all projection TVs, but I'm not positive.
Old 01-24-04, 04:09 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

brianluvdvd, yup you will not be able to use this gun on your tv, that is why I am buying the biggest nonhd tube tv they make( I also own the 40" Sony HD 4x3 set, but the gun wont work on it either)
Old 01-24-04, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts
brianluvdvd, yup you will not be able to use this gun on your tv, that is why I am buying the biggest nonhd tube tv they make( I also own the 40" Sony HD 4x3 set, but the gun wont work on it either)
I just checked the video ad on the demo disc & it says that the light scope rifle "fully supports HDTV and component video connections."

I hope it works. I will definitely be disappointed if it doesn't work on my TV. I own a Mitsubishi 65" HDTV.
Old 01-24-04, 09:55 PM

Originally posted by glassdragon
you're the pr rep and they won't let you "borrow" a copy of HOTD3?

tell them it's for "internet pr work"
Unfortunately, it's a SEGA title, not MS Games, else I'd definitely have a copy in hand right now :-)
Old 01-25-04, 09:02 AM

I'll let you borrow mine if you want
Old 01-25-04, 08:56 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

Originally posted by brianluvdvd
I just checked the video ad on the demo disc & it says that the light scope rifle "fully supports HDTV and component video connections."

I hope it works. I will definitely be disappointed if it doesn't work on my TV. I own a Mitsubishi 65" HDTV.
I call Bullshit, the last so called HD gun game out, with less than stellar ratings(I got it to work on 1 of 9 Hd sets I tried it on)

even if it does work I will never work on my LCD, but that is ok because I just sold it today for $2200 , and am looking at getting a 73" Mits
Old 01-26-04, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's a picture of the gun's breakdown.
Old 01-26-04, 04:43 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

this is my most wanted videogame item in the past 10 years, I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.