Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

American Dreams 1/18/04

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-04, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
American Dreams 1/18/04

I sort of like the Pryor's brush with "greatness" running through Helen's and Jack's subplots (Sony and Lenny Bruce).

Wonder how Jack will take the news when Henry give it to him.

How much did contact lenses cost in the mid-60s? I mean, where does a high school kid get the money for them (Luke). Glad Luke figured out Rox and came back to her.

Meg is still a sore point for me because her rebelliousness just gets tiresome because she's not all that good at it.

And since I wasn't born yet, the songs being a year ahead of schedule doesn't diminish the enjoyment out of them.

JJ's war subplot wasn't all that interesting, nothing we haven't seen before in terms of the collateral damage cause by war. Now I was getting worried that the Phillies hat that JJ gave the girl would endanger her and her family moreso than if she didn't have it if the VK army found them.

Didn't the Astros come into the league in 1965, though?
Old 01-20-04, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
The Astros were originally the Colt 45s and came into the league in '62 (with the Mets). They became the Astros in '65 when they moved into the Dome.

I was wondering about the contact lenses too. I didn't even think they had been invented yet.