Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Cold Case 1/18/04

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-04, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cold Case 1/18/04

I like the human element in this show a lot. The case of a boy who died mysteriously, coupled with a teen who runs away and becomes the likely suspect, a mother struggling with 3 children, a father who is haunted by his son's death, a priest who flees soon afterwards, and a racist storeowner, you get a trip down memory lane for Lilly's boss who originally investigated the case, a case that costed him his marriage.

Finally, we see a little bit of Lilly's homelife as the ADA puts the moves on her, and she's a bit reluctant, but seemingly receptive at the same time. Lilly's picked up 2 strays, one with only 3 legs, and another with only 1 eye. I guess that says something about Lilly taking on "lost causes" as part of her personality. Let's hope she finds some romance in her life with someone if not the ADA.
Old 01-19-04, 01:58 PM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts
Re: Cold Case 1/18/04

Originally posted by Patman
I like the human element in this show a lot. The case of a boy who died mysteriously, coupled with a teen who runs away and becomes the likely suspect, a mother struggling with 3 children, a father who is haunted by his son's death, a priest who flees soon afterwards, and a racist storeowner, you get a trip down memory lane for Lilly's boss who originally investigated the case, a case that costed him his marriage.

Finally, we see a little bit of Lilly's homelife as the ADA puts the moves on her, and she's a bit reluctant, but seemingly receptive at the same time. Lilly's picked up 2 strays, one with only 3 legs, and another with only 1 eye. I guess that says something about Lilly taking on "lost causes" as part of her personality. Let's hope she finds some romance in her life with someone if not the ADA.

Luckily I caught this one live, as my Tivo hasn't been recording it. Having watched this ep, I am uncertain as to what I feel about the more personal aspects of the show. It almost seems that they were put in aftificially to create some drama. I don't think any additional drama was required, and I am fearful that this will take away from the attention given to the actual cases. Overall it was a decent episode, and I look forward to this being aired at regular times now.
Old 01-19-04, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like this show a lot. I think the flirtation with her and the ADA is so cute! She's so shy with him and he makes no qualms about letting her know he likes her. I don't think they'll start doing too much personal stuff, at least I hope not. I like how involved the cases are...and always so sad....I almost always get choked up during the final flashbacks.
Old 01-19-04, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yes, the flirtation is cute. "Bye!"

I like watching this show in HDTV, even with the cool blue tint to the show. Kathryn Morris is very appealing to watch in HD.
Old 01-19-04, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great show. Lily Rush is very attactive, and she draws me in every episode. I like the fact that they are slowly building her into having a personal life. This episode was pretty predictable however.

"No Drugs Today"
Old 01-21-04, 02:27 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts
This was the first ep I've been able to catch in a few monthes thanks to football always pushing it back into Alias and the Sunday night stuff on Fox.

I enjoyed it alot. The "No Drugs Today" bit was great

I don't mind the personal stuff. I think it keeps the character's from becoming to sterile and bland(see: CSI:Miami)