Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

So, what are the LOTR:EE editing/effects mistakes you have seen...

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-04, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

FOTR:EE

1) When Liv is holding Frodo on the horse, running away from the Wraiths. In a split second scene, you see that Frodo is a doll wrapped in a cloth. He looks quite morbid, to say the least.

This could have been edited from the film with no harm done. I'm not sure why this was left in.

2) When Frodo, at the end of FOTR, decides to leave on his own, and he is behind the trunk of a tree, one of the two hobbits hiding behind the trunk of another tree (can't remember the name) speaks to him saying, "Run Frodo, Go!", but this is obviously a voice-over because we never see him saying it, and it is placed on a scene where you are looking at Frodo. The voice is also a bit more pronounced and different than the regular person's voice.

There was no reason for this voice-over to be included, because the two Hobbits already gave the obvious mannerisms that they were acknowledging Frodo's wishes to go on his own.

TTT:EE

I'm not sure on this one just yet.
Old 01-19-04, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 626 Likes on 482 Posts

3) The scene when the Fellowship is speaking with Haldir and the Elves before they go on their way to meet celeborn and Galadriel. It is obvious that it was to follow an action scene (that was shot and edited but never included in the movie) and just doesn't cut together well with the footage of Gimli speaking of Galadriel to Frodo because the Fellowship suddenly looks very worn (just look at Sam) when a second ago they weren't that messed up. Takes me out of the movie every time I see the EE. And it's too bad cos all they had to do (if they were so insistent on keeping Gimli's talk of an "Elf witch") was to cut just before the "eyes of a hawlk and ears of a fox" line and show the orcs suddenly appear and chase after them and continue the scene as it was originally meant to go.

Last edited by RocShemp; 01-19-04 at 07:03 AM.
Old 01-19-04, 06:56 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FOTR:
When Boromir is dying theres a big screw-up! In Sean Bean's coverage his right arm is laying still...but in Viggo's coverage his hand is on Viggo's shoulder...bugs the crap outta me...
Old 01-19-04, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 626 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: So, what are the LOTR:EE editing/effects mistakes you have seen...

Originally posted by DVD Polizei

2) When Frodo, at the end of FOTR, decides to leave on his own, and he is behind the trunk of a tree, one of the two hobbits hiding behind the trunk of another tree (can't remember the name) speaks to him saying, "Run Frodo, Go!", but this is obviously a voice-over because we never see him saying it, and it is placed on a scene where you are looking at Frodo. The voice is also a bit more pronounced and different than the regular person's voice.
Dunno about the first one you mentioned (though I don't believe the Arwen/Frodo chase scene was ever changed or extended) but the second is also in the TE so it doesn't really count as a problem of the EE since it was always there. Or did I totally miss the point of this thread? Isn't it to point out continuity errors and new bloopers added in the EEs?

Last edited by RocShemp; 01-19-04 at 07:50 AM.
Old 01-19-04, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
I guess if it's in the EE editions and the TE editions, then I dunno.
Old 01-20-04, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think frodo is just as bad in the part where aragorn lifts him onto arwen's horse to flee to her dad's for elvish medicine.. watch viggo lift "frodo" onto the horse.. looks like toys r' us had a part in the film (TE, dont know about the EE)