Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Dave Mustaine [MEGADETH] speaks on the future of...

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-04, 01:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts

New Year updates
Well, it's been a while. And there has been a lot that has happened since last year.

First off, there is a huge campaign ahead for 2004 and rather than confirm things that are verbal until they materialize, I wanted to wait until the first stage of this project had started and I had something to report that was completed.

I have been in the studio since January 5th, 2004, remixing "Peace Sells, But Who's Buying," as part of a re-release campaign that Capitol Records is planning for this year. In two weeks, once the studio is finished with overdubs for what I am currently working on, I will start on "So Far, So Good, So What."

"Peace Sells" was finished last Friday, January 10th, 2004, and is now being shipped off for Mastering. This is the first of the entire Megadeth catalogue to be remixed for Capitol Records. The previous 5.1 surround sound re-release was not remixed, although I wanted it done prior to the record being put into 5.1 format. Unfortunately, DTS, the company that financed the project had limited funds and could not afford a remix, as well as mixing the record into 5.1 surround sound.

Other Releases
Capitol also intends on re-releasing the MD.45 record featuring Lee Ving on vocals from the punk rock band Fear.

I am also working on other material that everyone seems to know about, so I will confirm this:

1) Yes, I am in the studio working on Megadeth material old and new.
2) Yes, I did contact previous Megadeth band members Marty Friedman, Nick Menza, and David Ellefson about making a new record.
3) I was unable to accommodate Friedman and Ellefson, and sadly Nick, who was the most gracious and ready to rock, will not be playing on this new record I am doing.
4) Any talk of a reunion is wishful thinking.

There was a book deal offered to me by Sanctuary three years ago to put all of my lyrics from Megadeth into a book and to describe them. I completed that last year and submitted it to Sanctuary this year for editing and eventual release.

New Megadeth Record
I started last year in October working on a new record and was unsure if it was going to be a Megadeth record or the first record of my career-post Megadeth.

But there was too much good music that was written during the Megadeth era that was left incomplete and unreleased that I had written and I decided to assemble that music first. It is frikkin' heavy and most people that have been around are surprised it was never released.

Regardless of being unable to come to an agreement with the RIP line-up, I am excited to say that Chris Poland is in the studio with me in Arizona, working on this new record. Vinnie Colaiuta and Jimmy Sloas played drums and bass with me on this record and I should be done somewhere around the end of March. Don't worry, they rip!

I have heard the rumors and I don't pay them any mind; I know that the people who are saying they are "insiders" or have "inside info" are talking out their asses, and that some of them have been right by way of "a guess," but that's it. If these people say they are friends of mine and are disclosing private information about me, then I can tell you they are not considered a friend by me.

Appearances
I will be at NAMM Saturday, January 17th, with my new ESP DV8s and LTD DV8Rs and I expect I will meet some of you there.

Some kind of bullshit
I am aware of the Metallica movie; I noticed how much footage they used and to whom it benefited, too. "This is about relationships," huh? Yeah, right.

Pillar
I did go to Knoxville, Tennessee, to write a song and play with the band Pillar. Not because of their faith, but because they are a good band. But since this is a Megadeth site and that is not related to anything Megadeth, you can look for info on my trip at the Pillar site or on DaveMustaine.com.

Life Changes
Yes, my life has changed and what was once just saying what my religious beliefs were with my lips, I now have acknowledged in my heart. Again, this will be discussed at my personal site. My personal beliefs are not going to be pushed on anyone and if you don't like it, go somewhere else.

Arm Injury
My arm got injured when I fell asleep on it January 7th, 2002, not from the false reports that state anything to the contrary, and I was told that I would not gain full use of my arm ever again; that I would be lucky if I even got 80%.

Well, through a lot of physical therapy, and a lot of the prayer that everyone seems to be mocking me for, I am completely healed and playing better than before I got hurt, because I had to relearn to play.

In closing
I will tell you more as it arises, or you can go to the gossip sites and get yer info from the liars and the pukes that have nothing good to say about anyone.

Gossips; even the name hisses. Kinda like the words "*******s," or "*******," huh?

Mustaine sez,

Goodbye Droogies!

from [MEGADETH.com]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

THIS IS FK'N SWEET!!!

1. Hell yeah on the re-releases. I was blowned away by the remixing/rematering of "Killing Is My Business... for so long I was hoping that they would re-release their next four albums.

2. F - - K YeaH on the new Megadeth music coming. on none of the "Big"members not coming back. I hope that they speak on it again and decide to return. But a big YES! on Chris playing on the album.

3. I'm getting the book, it's gonna be cool.

Well I hope that everything goes well. This is gonna be a good year for MEGADETH fans!
Old 01-18-04, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a megadeth fan, but I like the idea of that book. I kind of wish some of my favorite artists would do that at some point.
Old 01-18-04, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My cousin is the lead singer in the band Pillar. Here is a link to the Pillar session Dave Mustaine mentioned above, then January 10th journal entry. Pillar sounds nothing like Megadeth but, Dave gave them some input on couple of there new songs coming out on their new album this summer.
Old 01-18-04, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Dave Mustaine [MEGADETH] speaks on the future of...

Originally posted by gerrythedon

Some kind of bullshit
I am aware of the Metallica movie; I noticed how much footage they used and to whom it benefited, too. "This is about relationships," huh? Yeah, right.

what exactly is he unhappy about?
Old 01-18-04, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
probably early metallica footage with ustaine creatively edited to remove any semblance of his presence.
Old 01-19-04, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So he injured his arm by falling asleep on it...that is wierd.
Old 01-19-04, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
My Arm Injury

In December of 2001 I was at the La Hacienda Rehabilitation Center in Hunt, Texas. This happened because after the towers were hit, (besides all the other stuff going on at the time internally with Megadeth) I numbed out, like most of us did. After five years of being sober, I started using pain medication. I lost control and went out to Texas to get cleaned up. While I was sobering up in Texas, on January 7th, 2002, I was sitting up in a chair at the hospital, and I fell asleep with my arm over the back of a chair I was in.

This cut off the circulation to the radial ulnar nerve, around the humerus, on the inside of my left bicep, compressing it. This is called Saturday Night Palsy (see the link provided http://www.ncemi.org/cse/cse0919.htm ). Many claim that I hurt my arm "shooting up". People do not inject drugs in the inside of their arm above the elbow, into the bicep, so the shooting up bit is false.

The Doctor in Texas said that I was probably not going to be able to use my arm any more than 80%, "if I was lucky". And he also said I "would probably not play again".

This was not acceptable to me. So I went back from Texas to Scottsdale, Arizona, because I wanted to go to see my Doctor, Raj Singh, about my arm. After I got evaluated I returned to Texas to finish my treatment and started off on what took four months of grueling physical therapy at the Spire Institute in Scottsdale with Nathan Koch, acupuncture with Doctor Vance Inouye, chiropractic adjustments from Doctor William Tikey - the founder of Spire Institute, weight training for over a year, and loads of prayers.

Dr. Singh pronounced that I had completely recovered and that my arm was 100% healed after that time. Following this good news I started playing again and located a guitar teacher to help my re-learn my craft named Ric Flauding.

If there could possibly be any better news than this, it was that prior to injuring my arm, I had started to develop damage to my left hand from playing every night for two hours anyway, specifically in the little finger. The nerve injury, the time off from playing, the rehab (both La Ha and the physical therapy), and learning to play again has made me play much better.

I hope to have something for you to listen to soon, so that you can judge for yourself.

from Dave Mustaine [MEGADETH.com]
Old 01-19-04, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
must get the remasters!
Old 01-21-04, 11:19 AM
Banned

what's the deal on his religion?