Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

translating import booklets....

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 01-15-04, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi guys. guess I'll be spending much time in this forum...since I've recently started adding many imports to my library. a question I have is this.

I just recieved my Raptor copy of Argento's Unsane. it's a great little dvd set. it comes with a nice booklet written in german, and I'd really like to know what it says. is there a website that anyone uses which will translate for me? I thought that maybe I could just enter the text in german, then it will do all the work for me. would this work? does anyone here use such a site for that?

just wonderin'. man....looks like a great book of info!!

thanks in advance.
Old 01-15-04, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well you could try http://babel.altavista.com/ I promise interesting results at the very least

I'm sure you can search around online and find a better German > English translator, but give Babel a shot and see how it turns out.

I really need to order the Unsane release.... maybe this weekend.
Old 01-15-04, 12:04 PM

thanks, fnordboy. I'll check it out. yeah...the only reason I posted such a question instead of searching around is because I really respect some of the members here, along with the knowledge. I always look forward to their suggestions...so thanks again!

btw, xploited.com has the dvd...although very pricey.
Old 01-15-04, 12:40 PM

Originally posted by gutwrencher
thanks, fnordboy. I'll check it out.
btw, xploited.com has the dvd...although very pricey.
No problem.

Hmm, that is a better price than Diabolik has it for. Now I need to decide since I have an order already set to place at Diabolik.
Old 01-15-04, 12:46 PM

Originally posted by fnordboy
No problem.

Hmm, that is a better price than Diabolik has it for. Now I need to decide since I have an order already set to place at Diabolik.
never used Diabolik...but I do LOVE the selection!!! I'll use them at some point, for sure. I highly suggest that you try Tony at xploited. maybe you have already used him. he features the best communication and service I have ever recieved. I try to order every few weeks from him and have never been let down....only impressed.
Old 01-15-04, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Hey Gut

I usually use these guys for Italian and Dutch translations. They do also have German option.
http://dictionary.reference.com/translate/text.html
Babel is also fine....but fnordboy is correct sometimes you get rather unusual translations!!
So, we dont want to mess up these German nun-explot. flicks.

Nice to have you here.....
Old 01-15-04, 01:01 PM

Originally posted by pro-bassoonist

So, we dont want to mess up these German nun-explot. flicks.

Nice to have you here.....

thanks..that should do the trick just fine. btw, nice IM handle.
Old 01-15-04, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I highly suggest that you try Tony at xploited. maybe you have already used him. he features the best communication and service I have ever recieved.
Couldn't agree more!!....if i didn't already live in R2 territory (UK releases i mean) i'd use them all the time.
Bought several titles off him over the last year and a half or so and received nothing but excellent service which goes way up and above the call of duty of any retailer...he's even advised me NOT to buy certain titles on the basis of better releases out there or ones forthcoming.
Also, despite being in the UK i have received titles in a staggering 3-5 days from the U.S and without incurring any customs charges!

Anyway...just wanted to add my 2 cents worth (or 2 pence )
Old 01-15-04, 01:26 PM

never used Diabolik...but I do LOVE the selection!!! I'll use them at some point, for sure. I highly suggest that you try Tony at xploited. maybe you have already used him. he features the best communication and service I have ever recieved. I try to order every few weeks from him and have never been let down....only impressed.
I think I have used Xploited once, but can't remember. I have contacted him in the past about something and he was extremely helpful and quick to respond and that gets a big thumbs up from me.

I tend to use Diabolik because they are fairly local. Normally if I place an order it will arrive in a day or two. For that I can deal with the few bucks more. Also, as with Xploited, when I have asked them a question at Diabolik they respond very quickly.
Old 01-15-04, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would have suggested enrolling on a foreign language course on a night class at one of your local further education institutions..but i know with you running your own company and having the entire back catalog of Blue Underground at your viewing disposal you'd not really get the time
Old 01-15-04, 03:15 PM

Originally posted by RichDB10
I would have suggested enrolling on a foreign language course on a night class at one of your local further education institutions..but i know with you running your own company and having the entire back catalog of Blue Underground at your viewing disposal you'd not really get the time

you know what man? I've been wanting to do that for a long time now. I'd love to watch a film without the subtitles and understand what they say. sadly...I never finished my german class in college.

I'd also like to take this time to thank you for turning me on to not only "The Living Corpse", but the Mondo Mac catalog. I picked up "Seven Women For Satan" and loved it! I'm thinking about ordering a few Mondo imports too. I've only been holding off because I thought they would release them all here...at some point(?). so again...THANKS.

fnordboy: glad to hear the service is great. I'll be using them in the next few weeks. thanks much.
Old 01-15-04, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

btw, nice IM handle.
...yep, this goes a long way back when I was still living in Seattle.
Went to a friend's wedding and got the....bachelor's curse!!
Old 01-15-04, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd also like to take this time to thank you for turning me on to not only "The Living Corpse", but the Mondo Mac catalog. I picked up "Seven Women For Satan" and loved it! I'm thinking about ordering a few Mondo imports too. I've only been holding off because I thought they would release them all here...at some point(?). so again...THANKS.
Don't want to turn this into a 'mutual appreciation' thread but thanks...not only for the comment but because you have helped turn me on to a lot of 'off beat' titles more times than you've ever realised
Old 01-15-04, 05:32 PM

Originally posted by RichDB10
Don't want to turn this into a 'mutual appreciation' thread but thanks...not only for the comment but because you have helped turn me on to a lot of 'off beat' titles more times than you've ever realised
oops...guess we did do this before, didnt we?

sure glad this is my thread.