Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Muse "Absolution" finally coming out in states and possible tour.

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-04, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Matt Bellamy said in an interview that the last Muse album 'Absolution' will be released in March in the United stated on the label Warner. The band will play in small places for this occasion.

It's about damn time. I'm hoping we can get the limited edition CD/DVD edition release also. I don't understand what the problem is with them getting American distribution and touring here. They are perhaps one of the most brilliant bands out there, at least Europe realizes it.
Old 01-13-04, 02:34 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have their first CD. it's really good (at least the first 1/2 is - and then it goes a little downhill). they remind me of radiohead meets pulp.
Old 01-13-04, 02:42 PM

Yeah their first cd Showbiz was released on Maverick, and then they got dropped.

The problem was they kept getting compared to Radiohead in the states so they got blown off...I honestly think their progression and to what their sound is now, sounds far from Radiohead.
Old 01-13-04, 08:42 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by TripWire

The problem was they kept getting compared to Radiohead in the states so they got blown off...I honestly think their progression and to what their sound is now, sounds far from Radiohead.
and in my opinion they even sound "better" than Radiohead.

I hope they do tour the states, the last time I caught them here in DC they played the really small Metro Club (sadly now closed and sorely missed) - practically a foot away from the band, needless to say it was overwhelming and fan-friggin-tastic!
Old 01-14-04, 07:16 AM

Well in the respect that they are making more obtainable and guitar driven music, they are better than Radiohead if a comparison must be made. Matt Bellamy is an amazing guitar and piano player, his custom made guitars are pretty damn crazy.

Man you're lucky, what tour was that, the only tour I knew they came to the states on was opening for the Chili Peppers and Foo Fighters.
Old 01-15-04, 07:30 AM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by TripWire
I honestly think their progression and to what their sound is now, sounds far from Radiohead.
Exactly my thoughts. Im puzzled as to why good bands like Muse and Coldplay always get compared to Radiohead. I gave Radiohead 5 tries, some of their music is decent but the lead vocal is just a bit too whiney for my taste.
Old 01-15-04, 03:19 PM

We've been listening to this album a lot lately and it's just brilliant. I too get sick of the Radiohead comparisons, because I simply don't believe singers intentionally try to emulate their sound, especially these days. It's an easy critique to use when a reviewing has nothing new to offer.
Old 01-15-04, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I only have Showbiz and I do think it sounds like Bends-era Radiohead. It's funny--Radiohead is my favorite band and yet I don't like bands that sound like them. Although I do think Muse is quite talented and I will definitely give their newer releases a try when I can get them cheap.
Old 01-15-04, 09:14 PM
Cool New Member

They have come a long way since Showbiz. Absolution managed to maintain a very high level of song writing throughout, no filler included.

I bought the limited edition with the DVD, but that's only some behind the scene footage, nothing too interesting.
Old 01-16-04, 10:50 AM

Yeah but doesn't the DVD show the recording process also?
I would like to see that, I saw some crazy clips with drums being suspended over a pool and stuff.

Actually for some reason "Sing for Absolution" chorus reminds me of Radiohead "Lucky" chorus, I dunno why.

I still don't know if I like Origin of Symmetry better, that album is so crazy layered and thick, which is why i love it. Absolution definately keeps growing on me though.