Reload this Page >

Original Mole 1 and Mole 2 to be rerun on Game Show Network

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-12-04, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

subject pretty much says it all. Mole 1 and Mole 2, along with the first edition of Celebrity Mole, will be shown on Game Show Network starting in mid-March.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040109/laf005_1.html
Old 01-12-04, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll be the first to offer the opinion (in this thread, anyways ) that the first two seasons were MUCH better than the Celebrity Mole! WHY can't they bring back Anderson Cooper?? He was soooo eyecandy...
Old 01-12-04, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

GSN is going to air Celebrity Mole: Hawaii first and then Mole 1 & 2.
Old 01-12-04, 03:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish I was purchasing a DVD recorder with a hard drive by then, but I think I'm going to wait until mid year at earliest to buy one. These models are out now http://www.mrpayroll.net/4436/HDD%20DVD%20Recorders.htm , but they have just announced another half dozen models, some with High Definition!

But, I at least plan on watching these again. Here's to the best Reality Show of All Time, followed by The Amazing Race (hopefully, they will show these again).

Chris
Old 01-12-04, 04:58 PM

Received 135 Likes on 80 Posts
Neat. I was surprised to see the dvd of the current season up for preorder on Amazon already. Maybe if it sells well the others will be available.
Old 01-12-04, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally posted by shoppingbear
I'll be the first to offer the opinion (in this thread, anyways ) that the first two seasons were MUCH better than the Celebrity Mole! WHY can't they bring back Anderson Cooper?? He was soooo eyecandy...
I agree completely, but people have bad taste in TV so Celebrity Mole is what we get. I am hoping that if ratings hold up they might bring back the non-celebrity version.

As for Anderson Cooper, CNN wouldn't let him out of his contract to do Celebrity Mole.
Old 01-12-04, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess I'll have to break out the ol' TV tuner and capture this. I absolutely loved Mole 1 & 2.
Old 01-12-04, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I loved the first season and made the cuts for the second season but didn't get it. Grrr.
Old 01-12-04, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I would love to watch the first one, since I gave up on it too early, but I watched all of the second one.
Old 01-12-04, 11:04 PM

This is great news. I missed the first half of Mole 1.

Now GSN should try and get the rights air "The Amazing Race".
Old 01-13-04, 07:52 AM

Bleh, I missed most of the 1st season and some of 2nd. I don't get Game Show Network so I won't be able to catch up on what I missed.

I wish they would bring back The Mole with regular contestants. It's a much more cooler show with regular contestants than with cerebrity. Anyone agree?
Old 01-13-04, 08:00 AM

Originally posted by mookiemeister
Bleh, I missed most of the 1st season and some of 2nd. I don't get Game Show Network so I won't be able to catch up on what I missed.

I wish they would bring back The Mole with regular contestants. It's a much more cooler show with regular contestants than with cerebrity. Anyone agree?
Everyone agrees!

Chris
Old 01-13-04, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
DAMN!!!!

I don't have GSN.....I would kill to be able to watch those episodes again. I've stated often and will continue to, that the Mole is (was) the best reality show.

I think The Mole season 1 stands shoulder to shoulder with Survivor season 1 in terms of quality reality game shows.
Old 01-13-04, 10:44 PM

Originally posted by shoppingbear
How old is Anderson? I think he's great and I often watch him on CNN. I will look forward to watching the Mole on the gameshow network, though I never thought I would watch anything on that channel! Well, I do watch the occassional Match Game cos I'm trying to figure out just who in the hell is the women with the huge glasses!
Old 01-14-04, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by William Fuld
Neat. I was surprised to see the dvd of the current season up for preorder on Amazon already. Maybe if it sells well the others will be available.
Actually it is last season available on pre-order. Celebrity Mole Hawaii comes to DVD in March.

I didn't see Yucatan listed on Amazon, which is this season.
Old 01-14-04, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mariakitty
How old is Anderson?
3 June 1967, according to IMDb, making him 36.

Of course I remember him from his Channel One days when he hung out with Stuart Scott. Boo-yah!
Old 04-25-04, 08:53 AM

A reminder to everyone that GSN will start airing the first season of the Mole this Tuesday at 10pm ET.
Old 04-25-04, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by CTGuyInTX
A reminder to everyone that GSN will start airing the first season of the Mole this Tuesday at 10pm ET.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! I would have missed this if you had not bumped the thread.

Love the non-celebrity Mole!
Old 04-25-04, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by Achtung
3 June 1967, according to IMDb, making him 36.

Of course I remember him from his Channel One days when he hung out with Stuart Scott. Boo-yah!
When he co-anchored ABC World News Now, they showed a clip of him as a kid, appearing on "To Tell the Truth." He played one of the imposters, if I remember correctly.

I think he signed with CNN during the time when "The Mole" was on haitus due to ABC tinkering with the timeslot. And since he had nothing else to do in the meanwhile, CNN grabbed him. Too bad, he was quite an entertaining host for the show.

Speaking of the first season, I remember thinking the contestant named Tammy was kinda cute, but then as the show continued, was a little disappointed to find out that she liked....women.
Old 04-25-04, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, stil no Game Show Network.....I would to watch these.

Never wanted Digital Cable more that I do now.
Old 04-25-04, 09:50 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rock. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 04-26-04, 10:19 AM

Originally posted by CTGuyInTX
Ah yes, thank you!!!

I haven't seen either of the 1st or 2nd, I watched the Celebrity version, and I enjoyed it, so I'll be sure to catch them this time around.

Thanks again!
Old 04-26-04, 10:20 AM

Got a question, how do they determine who the Mole is? Is it pre-set, or do all the competitors draw numbers or something like that?
Old 04-26-04, 10:51 AM

Originally posted by potvin48
Got a question, how do they determine who the Mole is? Is it pre-set, or do all the competitors draw numbers or something like that?
The Mole is hired at the beginning. They probably interview all of the applicants and come up with the best person who can play The Mole. It's the most important character on the show and the producers have to make sure this person will not give away their identity, plus play the role to perfection.

The first season, most people in the audience did not know who the mole was. For the second season, a lot of people had a good idea who the mole was. That's what makes the first season better than the second season. Though I did like Al from the second season. But he was eliminated about 5 shows in, if memory serves me correct.

A question to everyone, I have set a Season Pass on my Tivo, but I cannot tell what the episodes are. Meaning, they are showing The Mole at 8 pm & 11 pm on some nights. Are those the east & west coast feeds, so that the 2nd showing is just a repeat of the first showing? Kind of confusing.

Chris
Old 04-26-04, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by mrpayroll
A question to everyone, I have set a Season Pass on my Tivo, but I cannot tell what the episodes are. Meaning, they are showing The Mole at 8 pm & 11 pm on some nights. Are those the east & west coast feeds, so that the 2nd showing is just a repeat of the first showing? Kind of confusing.

Chris
The guide data is terribly generic. There's a new episode every Tuesday (??). All subsequent airings for the week are repeats.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.