Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The One and Only JESSICA SIMPSON Thread

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-04, 09:01 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am sad that no one here discusses Jessica's music much but believe me, its GOOD. Sure beats all the new trash being released by groups beginning with THE i.e. 'The Thrills', 'The Strokes', 'The Rolling Stones' et al. Some of you may not agree but thats not my problem.

Anyway, The Daily Herald of all things has reviewed Jess' new album in their latest edition and is a definite slap in the face to all her detractors (of which for some reason there are many). At least Jessica is a loyal housewife unlike some other people who drink all day and get married for a few hours for kicks. This is why I respect her and think shes an ideal role model for us millions of hideous commoners. Heres the review :

Jessica Simpson, "In this Skin"

America's dippiest housewife has abandoned her Christian music roots for a more, shall we say, carnal album. Simpson wrote many of the lyrics for "In this Skin," which features titles like "Forbidden Fruit" and "Sweetest Sin." The 11-track CD addresses more grown-up themes than her previous two efforts, but the cotton candy vocals laced with an occasionally more bluesy sound remain. The Chicken of the Sea poster girl even gives a nod to female empowerment with the title track: "Cause I am worthy/To feel beautiful in this skin." Beautiful, maybe. Sensual, for sure.
Old 01-12-04, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: The One and Only JESSICA SIMPSON Thread

Originally posted by Cottington
Sure beats all the new trash being released by groups beginning with THE i.e. [...] 'The Rolling Stones' et al.
Old 01-12-04, 11:47 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i think she is a complete idiot. anyone who asked "if there were, like, special housekeepers for celebrities?" deserves to work at white castle for a year.
Old 01-12-04, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

you know what i think?

everyone should stop taking Cottington's posts so seriously.
Old 01-12-04, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Why is tuna called the "Chicken of the Sea"?
Old 01-12-04, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Re: The One and Only JESSICA SIMPSON Thread

for us millions of hideous commoners.

Hey, hey, speak for yourself.

And wasn't there already a 3 pages long Jessica Simpson thread? Why start a new one? Also, whether you're being a shill or a troll, nothing good can come of either.

If you want to talk seriously about music, let's give it a go. But if you are going to call bands that I know some of us here like "new trash," how can you expect anyone to take you seriously?
Old 01-12-04, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Hollowgen
you know what i think?

Or maybe you should stop taking ours so seriously - hey-ooooh!
Old 01-13-04, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Hollowgen
you know what i think?

Seriously. I've got $5 that says Cottington is a 30 year-old punk with a red mohawk and pierced genitalia who only listens to the likes of Black Flag, The Misfits, and The Dead Kennedys.
Old 01-13-04, 10:36 AM
Banned

No I am not a 30 year old punk. Please, anyone here who thinks The Rolling Stones is actually better than Jessica Simpson needs to be closely examined for signs of dementia. The only good thing to come out of Rolling Stones is 'Satisfaction' of which Britney Spears made an excellent cover. Seriously, her cover of that song is the only reason I even tolerate The Rolling Stones. Also, the only reason I tolerate Joan Jett (ugh) is because Britney did this amazing remix of her 'I love Rock n' Roll' song. Now THAT song ROCKED. Britneys version, I mean.

Im not embarrassed to love the teen pop brigade. I seriously think they are the only talented people out there because they can stun us with their beauty as well as their sensational voices (eg. Hilary Duff, a classic Hollywood beauty in the true sense of the word with a voice that rivals Ella Fitzgerald). Jessica is a perfect example of beauty and brains. I think if she entered a Miss America pageant she would shame everyone with her knowledge of things, shes that good and that amazing, I think. I really also think that Jessica needs to be revered more than she is being right now on this forum because you're coming off a bit too hostile for my and her liking. How do you think she would feel if she read your hostile comments??

Buy 'In this Skin'. I bet its the best $14.99 you could spend this year. Jessica should also gain some praise for landing the lead role in 'I dream of Jeannie', something which no one on this board has been able to achieve. So why insult a true achiever and performer, which is what Jessica is. As for bands beginning with THE, they all pretty much go down the same path of really lousy music packaged really well. Pure marketing machine propoganda. The Coral, The Strokes, The Kinks, The Monkees, The Byrds - where does one end and the other begin? No one knows. This is not interesting. Jessica Simpson is and will someone please wake up and take notice.
Old 01-13-04, 10:36 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Numanoid
Seriously. I've got $5 that says Cottington is a 30 year-old punk with a red mohawk and pierced genitalia who only listens to the likes of Black Flag, The Misfits, and The Dead Kennedys.
at least he has taste.
Old 01-13-04, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
No I am not a 30 year old punk. Please, anyone here who thinks The Rolling Stones is actually better than Jessica Simpson needs to be closely examined for signs of dementia. The only good thing to come out of Rolling Stones is 'Satisfaction' of which Britney Spears made an excellent cover. Seriously, her cover of that song is the only reason I even tolerate The Rolling Stones. Also, the only reason I tolerate Joan Jett (ugh) is because Britney did this amazing remix of her 'I love Rock n' Roll' song. Now THAT song ROCKED. Britneys version, I mean.

Im not embarrassed to love the teen pop brigade. I seriously think they are the only talented people out there because they can stun us with their beauty as well as their sensational voices (eg. Hilary Duff, a classic Hollywood beauty in the true sense of the word with a voice that rivals Ella Fitzgerald). Jessica is a perfect example of beauty and brains. I think if she entered a Miss America pageant she would shame everyone with her knowledge of things, shes that good and that amazing, I think. I really also think that Jessica needs to be revered more than she is being right now on this forum because you're coming off a bit too hostile for my and her liking. How do you think she would feel if she read your hostile comments??

Buy 'In this Skin'. I bet its the best $14.99 you could spend this year. Jessica should also gain some praise for landing the lead role in 'I dream of Jeannie', something which no one on this board has been able to achieve. So why insult a true achiever and performer, which is what Jessica is. As for bands beginning with THE, they all pretty much go down the same path of really lousy music packaged really well. Pure marketing machine propoganda. The Coral, The Strokes, The Kinks, The Monkees, The Byrds - where does one end and the other begin? No one knows. This is not interesting. Jessica Simpson is and will someone please wake up and take notice.

So sad.
Old 01-13-04, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Cottington, I'm sure many here will fall for your act, but you've given yourself away:
with a voice that rivals Ella Fitzgerald
No one who is the teen pop idol fan that you claim to be would even know who Ella Fitzgerald is, let alone use her as a point of comparison. The jig is up!
Old 01-13-04, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Now I know you are joking. Funny.
Old 01-13-04, 01:33 PM

Cottington, I'm sure many here will fall for your act
Does anyone still believe this person is for real? Cottington needs a new schtick, this one is beyond dull. Maybe move on to death metal or something?
Old 01-13-04, 02:14 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to say that there are some people here who are treading on thin ice by off-topic posting and general poor judgement. As much as some may wish it to happen, I am not going to close each and every thread started by Cottington.

Very few of those bitching about his threads have bothered to use the <small>"Report This Post To A Mod"</small> link and it happens that some of his threads have generated - for a time at least - a reasonable facsimile of an intelligent discussion.

So, while Cottington may now suffer administrative action for ignoring both a specific request and starting a new Jessica Simpson thread when it was his bad temper that caused the other one to be closed, I am also keeping an eye on those that have jumped in potentially productive threads to crap in them and so keep them at the top of the page.

As two of us have already pointed out, there is an IGNORE feature and you can also choose to write in the threads you like and keep those going.

Benedict
Moderator, Music Talk