TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Alias 1/11

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-04, 08:54 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alias 1/11

Lots of stuff to digest.

With all the "you were gone for nine months here" and "you were gone for nine months there," I was thinking that she had already had a kid.

I'm just glad Weiss isn't the bad guy. Yet, anyways.

"I've never heard of Project Black Hole." "Thank you."

So does everyone think that Syd destroyed all of the tissue & eggs? If the Covenant was thinking, they'd have put half in that building and have in a more safe location.

Looks like next week's episode has absolutely nothing to do with what happened this episode (hope that's not a serious spoiler for anyone), which is unexpected.
Old 01-11-04, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
"Full Disclosure"

Oh, how I enjoy this show, and all of its spy vs. spy motif that always keeps the viewer guessing.

So we find out what Sydney's been through in the past 2 years, and yet, the future is what is really relevant.

And how about that last final scene. Cool.
Old 01-11-04, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm starting to notice they've gone away from always tranq'ing the bad guys to using real guns much more often. Glad they've become less PC
Old 01-11-04, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, with Vaughn's wife as the sniper and the fact that
Spoiler:
we see Vaughn and Syd kissing
next week could have everything to do with this weeks episode. I;m glad that they waited to tell us what did happen instead of telling us right after she was "found" by vaughn, mainly due to all of the setup that led us to this episode.
Old 01-11-04, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

BTW, can nobody hit anyone with fully automatic weapons?
Old 01-11-04, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i just thought it was cool how syd just pulled out the portable flame thrower at the end.

throughout the episode i had to remember alot of stuff from the past few episodes. that's what happens when it's been a month i guess.

i thought it was a pretty cool show. very good to see dixon back in action again. i am just wondering if the person that we saw as the sniper isn't a red herring.
Old 01-11-04, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't think so, but it was reminiscent of "The Professional".
Old 01-11-04, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
doh! i read rypro's spoiler cuz i'm stupid...anyway...

yeah, go in shooting with automatics and takes a minute before we see the beakers break?

also, 6 men jumped from the plane, we knew 4 so that easily led me to think the last 2 would be the "red shirts", they were.

someone's gotta go back and watch all of season 3 again to see if its really belivable that she is evil. the main thing i could think of was that she tried to protect sydney from torture, but that makes sense since the covenant wanted the cube.

still a great show, but i dont think its as good as it was the first season. it had more to it than a lot of shock back then
Old 01-11-04, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by kevin75
throughout the episode i had to remember alot of stuff from the past few episodes. that's what happens when it's been a month i guess.
yeah, they should have had a longer recap at the beginning
Old 01-11-04, 09:10 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by Rypro 525
Well, with Vaughn's wife as the sniper and the fact that
Spoiler:
we see Vaughn and Syd kissing
next week could have everything to do with this weeks episode.
I don't think that by next episode,
Spoiler:
Vaughn and Sydney will know that Lauren is the sniper
, so it may have nothing to do with this episode... could just be a
Spoiler:
heat of passion, we're going to die, might as well confess our undying love for each other
thing. But maybe you're right.

And does anyone have either the season finale of S2 or the season premiere of S3 handy? Perhaps I'm imagining it, but didn't Vaughn say that he "buried" Sydney? Maybe it was just a figure of speech, as opposed to a continuity error, because I can't imagine that J.J. didn't think this far ahead.

Poor Marshall during that ashes scene... having his hands over his face... I thought that was a nice, human touch.
Old 01-11-04, 09:10 PM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by Patman
BTW, can nobody hit anyone with fully automatic weapons?
No kidding. Freaking Two-Gun Sark was in the middle of the room at the start of the fire fight, standing STRAIGHT UP, and somehow they manage to miss him.
Old 01-11-04, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I do believe he said that mike, but not 100% sure but I'll check my tape of it.
Old 01-11-04, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Static Cling
No kidding. Freaking Two-Gun Sark was in the middle of the room at the start of the fire fight, standing STRAIGHT UP, and somehow they manage to miss him.
is it actually possible to hit anything with two guns and jumping to the side if you are not in a john woo movie?
DVD Talk Hero

also, why didn't syd just tell marshall the convenant stole the cube instead of asking him five times if he tracked it?
DVD Talk Hero

oh, and the 10 yards thing was good too
Old 01-11-04, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think "We buried you" even if it was a cremation is still getting the point across that they went through the ceremony of putting Sydney to rest once the DNA recovered from the apartment was verified.
Old 01-11-04, 09:16 PM
Banned

Anyone else recognize Quentin Tarantino's voice as the guy who told Sydney (as Julie Thorne) to kill the insignificant guy with the tape over his mouth?

He had to have been playing the same character we saw earlier in the series. I can't remember what happened to him. Didn't he have a torture kit of progressively larger-size needles that he used delightfully?
Old 01-11-04, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Dude, he was hidden behind the the table w/ the case on it - that's plenty of protection from people w/ fully-automatic weapons and bad aim.

Jeez, it seemed like a year since the last episode, at least the wife and I thought so.

Great ep - they did an amazing job of tying up a lot of loose ends in under an hour. I'm glad they outed Lauren as a baddie, but I was hoping the Covenant's in-house spy would have been someone a little less predictable and really surprised the shit out of everyone. Either way - they outed her and it's time to move on w/ the story - now maybe Syd will punch her repeatedly in her ****ed-up mouth and fix it.

I actually like the Kendall character - I hope they keep using him. And it was nice to see Dixon back in action.

Very glad this show is back on.
Old 01-11-04, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by cracksky
Anyone else recognize Quentin Tarantino's voice as the guy who told Sydney (as Julie Thorne) to kill the insignificant guy with the tape over his mouth?

He had to have been playing the same character we saw earlier in the series. I can't remember what happened to him. Didn't he have a torture kit of progressively larger-size needles that he used delightfully?
I noticed that right away, too. Kind of cool.
Old 01-11-04, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

same, but I was focused too much on the sneek privview for next week to see if it was him. Oh and I thought Syd killed him in that season one episode.
Old 01-11-04, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
I watched all of Season 1 and Season 2 during Christmas break that ... I totally forgot what had happened during the first 10 episodes of S3. Good thing the episode guide on abc.com was handy.

Good ep today. Was hoping for the "full disclosure" to happen more quickly and more things to happen in the present, but I guess I'm just being impatient.
Old 01-11-04, 09:32 PM

that is so cool. i went back to check and i'm pretty sure he was actually in the scene too because the sillouette of the guy look just like tarentino.
Old 01-11-04, 09:33 PM
Admin Emeritus

QT's character, McKennas Cole, was drilled full of bullets by the CIA as he tried to escape SD-6, back in S1.
Old 01-11-04, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

QT's character, McKennas Cole, was drilled full of bullets by the CIA as he tried to escape SD-6, back in S1.
I just thought, Syd kicked his ass, not get killed by cia?
Old 01-11-04, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think this was by far the best episode all year. Plus I finally got everything from Xmas fully hooked up, and watched it in high definition on the new TV and with all my surround sound in full effect. I think Im going to get spoiled, good thing I dont watch too much TV. Now if only The Shield was in Hi-Def.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.