Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snl 01-10-04

New Episode
Jennifer Aniston hosting

nice nipping in the opening heh lol
Old 01-10-04, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Has anyone noticed that the tech team is extremely off tonight? It seems that there are a lot of cues that are late or too early.
Old 01-10-04, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What the hell is this abortion of a Saddam/Osama phonecall sketch? Are they making it up as they go?
Old 01-10-04, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

should've ended 5 mins ago
Old 01-10-04, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
almost every skit tonight is going way too long. some have started off ok but then they keep going well after the joke has stopped being funny
Old 01-10-04, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
appalachian ER was okay....but the highlight is easily Aniston's headlights in the monologue
Old 01-11-04, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I watched it while on the computer. Some of the news was funny but not a great show overall. The Britney Spears wedding could have been much funnier.
Old 01-11-04, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Snl 01-10-04

Originally posted by Exzavier00
New Episode
Jennifer Aniston hosting

nice nipping in the opening heh lol
Pics?
Old 01-11-04, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by brizz
appalachian ER was okay....but the highlight is easily Aniston's headlights in the monologue
PICS!?!
Old 01-11-04, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Aniston was really energetic (and hot) as expected, but the writing was so bad that it was completely wasted. Maya Rudolph's Japanese woman made me laugh and I chuckled when they called Dean a "short-tempered liberal who will use middle-class taxe increases to fund his gay Vermont wedding to Saddam Hussein." But that's about it. Mad TV wasn't particularly good this week, and yet it was still much better. I did like Amy Poehler's Appalachian hick.

das
Old 01-11-04, 12:35 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
They should have done more of the country songs instead that crappy Saddam/Osama bit.
Old 01-11-04, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up. No excellent bits, but Aniston was a good host and Weekend Update was very strong. Plus, she looked so hot, especially during the monologue. The headlights were on.

Donald Trump
Darrell Hammond did him perfectly, showing Trump as the total load he is.

Monologue
I liked the “Friends” ending they showed, Rachel picks Ross, and Joey leaves the coffee shop and shoots himself. Did I mention Aniston’s nipples?

Paparazzi
Funny. “Kirstie Alley, over here! Kirstie! Oh wait, that’s Steven Seagal.”

Britney Spears and husband
Does Spears really have such a thick accent? I don’t think I’ve ever heard her speak.

Gaystrogen commercial
This has been shown several times.

Democrat National Committee
Okay, but nothing really special.

Weekend Update
The best WU I’ve seen in months. Steve Irwin (Yay for Jeff Richards! ), O.J. Robert Blake, Phil Spector all made appearances. Funniest (although somewhat obvious) joke of the night, “Britney Spears married Jason Alexander. In related news, Christina Aguilera 69ed Newman!” The low point was Al Franken doing his live feed bit. That tanked.

Bin Laden and Saddam
For the first time, I thought Sanz & Fallon doing their shtick wasn't as annoying as usual, although they really shouldn’t be allowed to adlib. Most of their improv humor fell flat, but they still cracked themselves up.

Country Roses album
Good sketch on female country stars.

Coco & Matsui
Not sure what the point was, but great performances by Maya Rudolph and Fred Armisen.

Appalachian ER
I thought this was hilarious. “I hort ma tongue!”

Phone sex operator
Cute, but a throwaway.

Last edited by Charlie Goose; 01-11-04 at 01:26 AM.
Old 01-11-04, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Charlie Goose
Not sure what the point was..
Funny..I was thinking the exact same thing during 99% of the "skits".

Not even the recently sold out Black Eyed Peas* could save it...

[* Though, I am glad they're getting press after two great albums.]
Old 01-11-04, 03:02 AM

I wonder if the part in the Osama/Sadaam bit where Jimmy said Horatio looked like "Ron Jeremy in an orange prison jumpsuit" and Gene Shalit were ad-libbed. I think they were, since Horatio didn't really have a comeback. Either way, it was a pretty funny skit but dragged on too long.

Darrell Hammond's Trump impression was hilarious, right down to the rug and smug pouting. It's a lot better than the Bush and Ah-nuld bits he'd been doing.

Jennifer was a great host, like last time (remember that whole Fight Club chick slugfest?.... ). I liked the bit with her and Rachel where they were paparrazi, and she kept yelling to herself "When are you going to have a baby??" I'll bet she's ready to choke the next interviewer who asks that.
Old 01-11-04, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Most of the skits were too long. Aniston's nipples were hard to miss, so to speak. The chick's stomach from Black Eyed Peas is stranging alluring - I couldn't look away from it. Strange. She looked pretty similar to Aniston IMO...
Old 01-11-04, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I bet we hear Anniston is pregnant in a week or two. She's has "grown" a lot and unless they're fake (meaning a padded bra, not implants), must mean she's prego. They looked HUGE in that monologue.
Old 01-11-04, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Originally posted by gnradd21
Jennifer was a great host, like last time (remember that whole Fight Club chick slugfest?.... ). I liked the bit with her and Rachel where they were paparrazi, and she kept yelling to herself "When are you going to have a baby??" I'll bet she's ready to choke the next interviewer who asks that.
She was a great host and did anyone notice her nips.
The Osama/Saddam bit did go on too long. even though there were a couple of good chuckles.
Old 01-11-04, 01:32 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
I wonder if the part in the Osama/Sadaam bit where Jimmy said Horatio looked like "Ron Jeremy in an orange prison jumpsuit" and Gene Shalit were ad-libbed.
... and that was really the only time... I walked in and starting watching it during the WU.
Old 01-11-04, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I wonder if the part in the Osama/Sadaam bit where Jimmy said Horatio looked like "Ron Jeremy in an orange prison jumpsuit" and Gene Shalit were ad-libbed. I think they were, since Horatio didn't really have a comeback.
Yeah, I don't think Sanz is as quick on his feet as Fallon when it comes to adlibs, and that's not saying a whole lot.
Old 01-11-04, 10:56 PM

Jennifer looked like a friggin' drag queen during that country music skit. She's pure ugly.
Old 01-12-04, 02:25 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This episode's humor content was about 5%. And I'm probably being generous.

And the 'nipplage' - I'm thinking that was very very intentional. I mean, we had the opening skit saying how every show needs a nice rack or something like that. Then we have the high beams - cut to Friends spoof - cut back to Anniston who realizes the biggest draw of the show has been covered up. Its funny because its true.
Old 01-12-04, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
Yeah, I don't think Sanz is as quick on his feet as Fallon when it comes to adlibs, and that's not saying a whole lot.
I've seen Horatio Sanz do improv at Upright Citizens Brigade here in NYC on more tha one occasion and he is absolutely horrible. He just doesn't have the quick wit to keep up with other improv folks and doesn't play the "fat guy falls down" schtick like Farley could. He is easily one of the most expendable.
Old 01-12-04, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Caoimhin
I've seen Horatio Sanz do improv at Upright Citizens Brigade here in NYC on more tha one occasion and he is absolutely horrible. He just doesn't have the quick wit to keep up with other improv folks and doesn't play the "fat guy falls down" schtick like Farley could. He is easily one of the most expendable.
His biggest use on this show is when they have him dress up as a famous person and the joke is "Oh, look, so & so's really fat"--like how he played Joey in the Friends skit.
Old 01-12-04, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thought I saw the Black Eyed Peas on SNL before...

Oh wait, that was the Spice Girls. Nevermind.
Old 01-12-04, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by shaun3000
PICS!?!
Since this is in the TV forum...
Just don't wanna get banned or anything :]

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.