Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

2 different Beyond Good & Evils?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-04, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 different Beyond Good & Evils?

i tried price matching bg&e at walmart using the circuit city ad but they wouldnt give it to me because the picture in the ad is different and it has a mature rating. i told them its the same game just that covers sometimes change before the game comes out so they called the manager and she said theyre different games cuz her brother owns the one in the ad. so i asked to see the one in the ad and she said theyre sold out of that version. i walked out pretty pissed off thinking they didnt want to give me their 50$ game for 10 bux. so are there 2 versions?
Old 01-10-04, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You were right... they were wrong.

I would have demanded she take me to her brothers house for PROOF!
Old 01-10-04, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i don't get why they would make up stories like that?
Old 01-10-04, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: 2 different Beyond Good & Evils?

Originally posted by young
i don't get why they would make up stories like that?
Originally posted by CrashNBurn69
i tried price matching bg&e at walmart
Old 01-10-04, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Quick! Those of you that have the rare version put it on eBay and label it as the OOP Uncensored edition.
Old 01-10-04, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The picture in the CC ad is of the PC version, for some reason. (BTW, my Walmart matched the price).
Old 01-10-04, 09:40 PM
Banned

Most stores will say anything to get out of a price macth. I mean if you don't want to do it then don't say you do it.
Old 01-11-04, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
Originally posted by TOPDAWG
Most stores will say anything to get out of a price macth. I mean if you don't want to do it then don't say you do it.
Just like when Best Buy said that SW ep II was out of stock in a TRus that I had JUST BEEN TO AND HAD SEEN DOZENS OF COPIES.
Old 01-11-04, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
It's true. Wal-Mart does have two versions of BG&E. The version that is $19.99 like all other stores, and the version that they try to charge you $49.99 for.

Of course it's the same game, but.....
Old 01-11-04, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i smell a class action lawsuit. if you're not going to honor the spirit of the "price matching policy", don't have it. (seems like cc is the exception)
Old 01-11-04, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There is no excuse for the runaround you got crashnburn. It is apalling how much a store/employee will do or make up get out of a legitimate price match. You would think you were trying to take the employees own money. I got rejected recently at ToysRus (had $25 gc to use) when trying to pm circuit city's wavebird price which was $5 less than theirs. I had the ad but the manager told me they only match sale prices not everyday low prices. Huh? She said ToysRus can't be expected to compete with big discount stores. I was pissed but kept my composure and left, came back later and got it done no problem.
Old 01-11-04, 04:02 PM
Banned

Originally posted by tanman
Just like when Best Buy said that SW ep II was out of stock in a TRus that I had JUST BEEN TO AND HAD SEEN DOZENS OF COPIES.
I've had it great when PMing at my Best Buy. I got the New Smackdown game and 2 weeks later saw it at walmart for cheaper I want back with my reseiet and told the lady the price and she did not even call walmart she just gave me my money. Also one time they called some other store to macth a dvd price for me and the guy told the worker on the phone I don't see the dvd so she said are you sure chould you look again he find the DVD the 2nd time he looked so I saved $5. I think it was teh same lady both times. I've also made returns and they was great about it they also don't open your new copy when you get a exchange unlike walmart where the damn workers bust out the rizer to cut the warp and dvd case opening the damn thing.