Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Store Forum
Reload this Page >

Where to buy DVDs in Boston

Community
Search
Store Forum Share Your Shopping Experiences at Stores both Online and Off.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-04, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm coming over to Boston in the next couple of weeks from the UK, and was wondering where was the best place to purchase DVDs.

There appears to be the usual Tower Records, HMV, Virgin etc, but I was wondering if there was anywhere else.

Cheers

Matt

PS: And yes I can play Region 1 DVDs!
Old 01-10-04, 11:24 PM
Suspended

Location: Sonoran Desert; a place where it doesn't matter whether or not one can pronounce Donnacha.
Mate, you're surely to find better DVD buys at retail stores such as Best Buy (rather than the Tower, HMV, Virgin lot which in the DVDTalk bargain world are stay-away-from chains):

Best Buy
Landmark Center MA (Store 804)
401 Park Dr
Boston, MA 02215-3325
Phone: 617-424-7900

there's also one in the Cambridge area . . but I'm Arizonan, any Bostonians out there to recommend good used DVD places?
Old 01-10-04, 11:29 PM

Originally posted by jarsim
Mate, you're surely to find better DVD buys at retail stores such as Best Buy (rather than the Tower, HMV, Virgin lot which in the DVDTalk bargain world are stay-away-from chains):

Best Buy
Landmark Center MA (Store 804)
401 Park Dr
Boston, MA 02215-3325
Phone: 617-424-7900

there's also one in the Cambridge area . . but I'm Arizonan, any Bostonians out there to recommend good used DVD places?
Matt, if you're using the T to get around the Landmark Center Best Buy is right next to the Fenway stop on the Green Line, Train D.

The Cambridge Best Buy is located inside of the Cambridgeside Galleria, which is right next to the Lechmere stop (end of the line going inbound) on the Green Line, any train.
Old 01-11-04, 05:58 AM

Cheers Guys,

I'll check it out.

Matt
Old 01-14-04, 01:04 PM

You can find used DVDs at Newbury Comics and CD Spins as well.

There are Newbury Comics locations in Harvard Sq, Government Center and Hynes Convention Center T stops. There are others, but those are the three T-accessible ones I can think of.

There are 2 CD Spins locations I can think of - one in downtown crossing and the other in Davis Sq in Somerville, within walking distance of the Red line.

Enjoy your visit!
Old 01-14-04, 03:13 PM

Newbury Comics used DVD's are expensive. Your better off buying new in most cases unless they are having a used DVD sale. They do a good job in most cases of inspecting used DVD's when customers come in trying to sell them.
Old 01-15-04, 10:28 AM

Newbury Comics used DVD's aren't cheap, but if you frequent the stores enough you may find a quality OOP. I snagged the Halloween 2 disc in Saugus about 2 years ago. Their occasional sales on used DVD's are great for picking up a box set that you may find too pricey otherwise.