Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Whispering Corridors and Thai retailer?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-04, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking for a copy of Whispering Corridors, the first part in the trilogy of films including Memento Mori and Wishing Stairs. So far I have been able to find a Thai release with english subs. Does anyone own this DVD? What is the quality of it, both video and subs?

I have found it located on a site called eThaiCD.com. I have never heard of them, anyone else done business with them? Any good?

The DVD is located here:
http://www.ethaicd.com/show.php?pid=10479

Is their any other releases of this film with english subs?

Thanks.
Old 01-09-04, 03:05 PM

ethaicd is reliable and trustworthy. I've only used them once myself but their general reputation is high from all reports I've seen.
Old 01-09-04, 11:35 PM

Re: Whispering Corridors and Thai retailer?

Originally posted by fnordboy
I've been looking for a copy of Whispering Corridors, the first part in the trilogy of films including Memento Mori and Wishing Stairs. So far I have been able to find a Thai release with english subs. Does anyone own this DVD? What is the quality of it, both video and subs?

I have found it located on a site called eThaiCD.com. I have never heard of them, anyone else done business with them? Any good?

The DVD is located here:
http://www.ethaicd.com/show.php?pid=10479

Is their any other releases of this film with english subs?
The quality of this disc isn't very good. 4:3 affair, noticable macroblocking. Subtitles were fine.

The r3k is 16x9 enhanced IIRC, but has no English subtitles.

I have placed several orders with ethaicd.com and all ran smoothly. If you are hesitant from ordering overseas you can always go with DVDasian.com, who stocks that version of WHISPERING CORRIDORS.

Good luck.
Old 01-10-04, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thanks for the info. I thought I had searched at DVDasian for this title but guess not. I don't mind ordering overseas but I have never dealt with that etailer before. Most likely I will be ordering it from dvdasian though since I have an order planned from them.

Too bad the quality doesn't seem good.