personal dvd collection web pages

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-04, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone...if you have created personal online dvd collections can you post in this thread. Please no DVDAficionado, Guzzlefish, DVDTracker etc collections...

I'm talking about web pages you created on your own with you whole dvds and all...I just want to get some ideas.

thanks...
Old 01-05-04, 09:39 PM

Click the link in my sig
Old 01-05-04, 10:57 PM

sup RG3, thanks for the reply...I actually already have your webpage bookmarked...looks really nice, I found your site thru here of course.

anyone else? I'm looking for this one members site and I thought I had it bookmarked, but I guess I didn't. And I don't remember if I found the site here at dvdtalk or at dvdfile.
Old 01-06-04, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
could it be THIS guy's page? I know he's been at both forums. I'm sure he wont mind if I pass along his page.
Old 01-06-04, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow, he's gotten quite jaded in time, eh? Can't say I really blame him, jeez.
Old 01-06-04, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Heh, I just noticed that I have fewer DVDs than he does EVEN when you take everything away from his collection except titles that fall under the letter "A."
Old 01-06-04, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by gutwrencher
could it be THIS guy's page? I know he's been at both forums. I'm sure he wont mind if I pass along his page.
Old 01-06-04, 02:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Al Padrino
Heh, I just noticed that I have fewer DVDs than he does EVEN when you take everything away from his collection except titles that fall under the letter "A."
LOL... 2,782 movies X 2 hours = 5,564 hours. At 8 hours of viewing/day, it would take 695.5 days to watch them all (not including special features). This is a low ball estimate, since many of those discs are TV seasons.
Old 01-06-04, 02:12 AM

this is why trying to be a big shot with the biggest collection would be a waste of time. you could never catch up!! I dont blame the guy for being a little pissed off. I've seen him many times in posts having to defend his collection. there are people out there who are so full of jealous rage that since they cant really put down his total count....they accuse him of having crappy taste. I'd say he just has a wide range of likes and I'm sure he would call himself a level 1 collector. more power to him for collecting what he loves.
Old 01-06-04, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
I just showed that site to my significant other.

Let's see her bitch about me having too many DVDs now!
Old 01-06-04, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd say he just has a wide range of likes and I'm sure he would call himself a level 1 collector. more power to him for collecting what he loves.
Yeah- but how can anyone possibly love that many titles? I think there's a point when you have to admit this game we play can become a serious addiction... not to say there's anything wrong with big collections.
Old 01-06-04, 02:30 AM

Originally posted by vivarey
Yeah- but how can anyone possibly love that many titles?
some can't love that many. some can. I love all of mine(except for wife/kid titles) with a hardcore passion. and I have enough leftover passion to love about 1,000 more. the bottom line is that we all have different reasons for building a collection or library. if I cant watch a dvd but once every 2 or 3 years...it's no big deal. some of my films are there for historical and research reasons....pulling out as needed. but make no mistake, I enjoy them all. also, when yer 40+ years of age....you've been around films much longer than the local 20 year old crowd and naturally may love a greater # of films. this could be that you just love more movies or just might have many that represent a portion of your past that re-connects you back to that time.

love and own as many as you want, he will do the same and so will I. forgive me if I'm talking out my ass....beddy-bye time.
Old 01-06-04, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I know it's all about personal tastes, but I don't think anyone outside of horny 14-year-old boys or stupid pre-teen girls could love the Lizzie McGuire movie. Just saying. I know we've been over that particular title in the past, but I don't see how anyone could really love that god awful waste of an hour and a half.
Old 01-06-04, 12:06 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Its nice to see people with big collections. I don't know why people would question this guy, if it's jealousy, then that's pretty sad.
Old 01-06-04, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

when you reach certain levels of dvds, it goes beyond loving them and it starts reaching just collecting them. theres no other way around it.
Old 01-06-04, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm not doubting the possibility of someone loving thousands of titles, but if you work, I just don't see how you'd have time to actually watch them, unless that's all you did with your spare time. As for me, it's not jealousy and I hold nothing against Patrick or anyone else with large collections. It's impressive, but I don't think I'd want or need to own thousands of DVDs and it's not because I'm just some punk who only likes a small array of DVDs. Besides, people already think I'm weird for owning 150+ titles.
Old 01-06-04, 12:53 PM
Retired

Mine's a simple as it gets. Just a list on a crappy back ground.

I made it mainly just for insurance purposes incase of a fire or what not.

See link in sig.
Old 01-06-04, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
Mine's a simple as it gets. Just a list on a crappy back ground.

I made it mainly just for insurance purposes incase of a fire or what not.

See link in sig.
Oooh! That is a crappy background . . .
Old 01-06-04, 01:11 PM

I already have his site bookmarked as well, thanks anyways gutwrencher. The personal website I'm looking for is informative like his but it also had Flash incorporated in it. He used a white background...man I wish I would of bookmarked his site.

can we please keep this thread to posting links to personal collection web pages? thank you...
Old 01-06-04, 01:32 PM
Retired

Originally posted by talemyn
Oooh! That is a crappy background . . .
Yeah, it was one of the preselectable ones on angelfire when I first made the CD list back in high school around 8 years ago.
Old 01-06-04, 02:45 PM

Wow...what a collection! I'm impressed. Why would people question him? That's lame. I wish I had that many DVDs in my house. I started collecting DVDs as a hobby. If I was a millionaire, then I would have one room to store all the DVDs out there.

These days, I buy DVDs...and I don't have time to open them up and watch them...but I still love buying them. I have over 2000 music CDs...1/3 of them haven't been opened. A friend of mine has 10,000 CDs.
Old 01-06-04, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

See that's the thing, I'm in the same boat. I've got a lot of DVDs I haven't even OPEN yet, let alone watched. This year, I'm trying to catch up on what I've got before I go and buy any more. I'll still pick up titles I've been eagerly waiting for (Critic, for instance), since I'm likely to watch it right away, but something that I won't watch right away, well, I can always buy it later.
Old 01-06-04, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My DVD collection pages are built from reports out of an Access database:
http://shillpages.com/collect/sc-dvd0.shtml

Those are just the DVDs. I also have my laserdiscs separately: http://www.shillpages.com/collect/sc-ld.htm

But far more interesting to browse (IMHO) is my movie titles site, which includes ALL the movies I have regardless of format: http://www.shillpages.com/movies/index.htm

And for those who have visited it before, I've recently made many of the title screen captures full-size rather than reduced 320-wide.
Old 01-06-04, 05:45 PM

I use mine to help me keep track of what I have still to buy, in addition to giving me an online way to pick out a movie to watch.

http://home.rochester.rr.com/rbangel/

I actually do have the movie and TV show DVDs physically separated in my home theater -- seemed to make more sense that way, and IMO it looks more organized.

Comments on my collection welcome, no Lizzy McGuire here.
Old 01-06-04, 05:53 PM
Banned

I swear...the PDJennings dude if frickin insane...theres no way you can actually have a job and watch all of those DVD's and if your not gonna watch em...whats the point in having them? I've never understood buying more than you can watch...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.