TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Arrested Development (01/04)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-04, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Arrested Development (01/04)

This show is so great.

So much great comedy in this episode. The leather outfit thing with David Cross was probably one of the greatest parts of the show. The fact that you could see his cutoffs beneath the assless leather chaps made it that much better.

Last edited by Deftones, Esq; 01-04-04 at 10:43 PM.
Old 01-04-04, 10:42 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I thought the stuff with Buster and the two Lucielle's was great.

Tobias and his leather outfit was good too.
Old 01-04-04, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Leather Daddy...

I guess Leonor Varela is gone as Marta and Patricia Velasquez is now playing her (and I don't like her rendition of Marta).

This show is really hitting on all cylinders, so many funny bits stuff in 22 minutes. It reminds me of Scrubs, but in different ways, all of which produces laughs and chuckles.
Old 01-05-04, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What did the taxi driver think he said when he wanted to go to the Gothic Castle?
Old 01-05-04, 06:33 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Aphex Twin
What did the taxi driver think he said when he wanted to go to the Gothic Castle?
Gothic a-hole.

Tobias agreed with the driver since 'a-hole' pronounced with a thick accent sounded like 'castle'.
Old 01-05-04, 08:40 AM

Great episode!

One of the best new shows on tv! I hope this one lasts! There hasn't been a sarcastic, dysfunctional family comedy this good since Married...with Children!
Old 01-05-04, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
Leather Daddy...

I guess Leonor Varela is gone as Marta and Patricia Velasquez is now playing her (and I don't like her rendition of Marta).

This show is really hitting on all cylinders, so many funny bits stuff in 22 minutes. It reminds me of Scrubs, but in different ways, all of which produces laughs and chuckles.
Thanks for the info. I just knew my eyes weren't going bad because I swore that Marta was a lot hotter an earlier episode.

I love they always manage to get in one last laugh before the end of each show. Michael borrowing the TV from his office
Old 01-05-04, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Yet another great episode. David Cross is so perfect at playing Tobias, it's almost scary. I think my favorite line was "I'm looking for the magic". This has already become one of my favorite shows on tv, right alongside The Simpsons, 24, and Angel. I truly hope Fox brings the show back for another season next fall.
Old 01-05-04, 03:15 PM

This show is really funny I agree, but has anyone watched an episold more than once? I always laugh out loud the first time I see it but then when I catch a rerun I find the show to be pretty lame. No staying power, not good for the long run... or maybe it's just me.

Funny story while we're on the subject. Fox was running trailers for the show before movies in the theater (did you see it) and everyone was laughing and all excited and I even heard some people saying "We gotta see this" and stuff and then (hears the kicker) when the trailer ends it says Sundays on Fox or somthing to that effect and honest to God 2/3 of the audience groaned. These guys would pay to see it, but since it's on TV they all got sad and passed on it. People are funny.
Old 01-06-04, 06:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by shawagg
This show is really funny I agree, but has anyone watched an episold more than once? I always laugh out loud the first time I see it but then when I catch a rerun I find the show to be pretty lame. No staying power, not good for the long run... or maybe it's just me.
I see things I didn't catch before and still find reruns to be quite funny.
Old 01-06-04, 07:03 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I watched the first two episodes again and enjoyed them a lot. What's fun are the little details...for example in the episode where Tobias loses the acting job, if you look carefully when he's crying in the shower you can see his cut-offs.
Old 01-06-04, 12:41 PM

i got confused when i saw marta, i told myself that i had seen a hotter girl, but couldnt remember and thought maybe i was just seeing things.
Old 01-06-04, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally posted by Patman

Yep - Leonor is far hotter.
Old 01-06-04, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by tavarua88
i got confused when i saw marta, i told myself that i had seen a hotter girl, but couldnt remember and thought maybe i was just seeing things.
Me too
Old 01-06-04, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
What's weird is that I didn't find Leonor all that hot in Blade II, but with her "bigger/poofier" hairstyle, she did look very hot on "Arrested Development" a few episodes ago. Plus she spoke like she was an actress, unlike Patricia Velasquez who speaks like she's a shy house maid around Michael.
Old 01-07-04, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
Starting next week, this is head to head with Alias I caught Arrested Development during the New Year's marathon and love it. Not sure what to do! Alias or AD?

SPY
Old 01-07-04, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally posted by bothanspy
Starting next week, this is head to head with Alias I caught Arrested Development during the New Year's marathon and love it. Not sure what to do! Alias or AD?

SPY
Do what the rest of us do: watch Alias and record AD.
Old 01-07-04, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by lisadoris
Or, watch AD and buy the Alias DVDs!
Old 01-07-04, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by shawagg
Fox was running trailers for the show before movies in the theater (did you see it) and everyone was laughing and all excited and I even heard some people saying "We gotta see this" and stuff and then (hears the kicker) when the trailer ends it says Sundays on Fox or somthing to that effect and honest to God 2/3 of the audience groaned. These guys would pay to see it, but since it's on TV they all got sad and passed on it. People are funny.
Two theories -
1) Movies are SO badly written today, people were excited to see a genuinely funny 2 hr comedy in theaters and were disappointed it wasn't just a movie but an on-going story.

2) They realized it was on FOX which means there is little point getting into a show that will be awesome and therefore cancelled after 10 aired episodes.

As for the "which to watch" quandry, don't forget it is also on the same time as Curb Your Enthusiasm!
Old 01-07-04, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Morf
Or, watch AD and buy the Alias DVDs!
Or, you can use PIP and watch both at the same time!
Old 01-07-04, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by lisadoris
Or be like me and watch the Fox Sunday lineup from 5-7 and then Alias at 7.

I'll give a cookie to anyone that can figure out how I can do that without the use of any PVR, VCR, etc.
Old 01-08-04, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by dancinns

I'll give a cookie to anyone that can figure out how I can do that without the use of any PVR, VCR, etc.
Satellite

I prefer chocolate chip soft baked.
Old 01-08-04, 03:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fly around the planet at a path counter to the spin of the planet right after you finish the Fox line-up.
Old 01-08-04, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Thrush
Satellite

I prefer chocolate chip soft baked.
3 hours to figure that one out.

Old 01-09-04, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

3 hours to figure that one out.
Didnt take me any time actually, as I do the same thing myself.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.