Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

A couple of Yes DVD questions

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-04, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe someone can help me out on a couple of questions about these Yes DVDs. First, I picked up the "House of Blues" DVD the week it came out, and played it several times in the first few months I owned it. It played perfectly. Then after several months I tried to play it again with no luck. In fact, I tried it on 4 different DVD players and it wouldn't even load up in any of them. My question is, has anyone heard of any technical problems with this disc? If so, has it been taken care of?

Question two: A new Yes DVD is scheduled for February (called "Yesspeak", I believe) and is supposed to be a history of the band, narrated by Roger Daltrey, in a 2 DVD set. Anyone have any further details about this DVD? Any website links that could help?

Final question: Does anyone know of any other Yes DVDs scheduled to be released in the upcoming future. A rerelease of the ABWH live DVD, perhaps? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-02-04, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
www.nfte.org
Old 01-02-04, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: A couple of Yes DVD questions

Originally posted by anglagard
Maybe someone can help me out on a couple of questions about these Yes DVDs. First, I picked up the "House of Blues" DVD the week it came out, and played it several times in the first few months I owned it. It played perfectly. Then after several months I tried to play it again with no luck. In fact, I tried it on 4 different DVD players and it wouldn't even load up in any of them. My question is, has anyone heard of any technical problems with this disc? If so, has it been taken care of?
Technical problems with this release have been documented on alt.music.yes. My original copy of HoB crapped out after a year and a half.

Here's the address for a replacement (send them the defective disk), but also see below:

Dean Buckley
Production Manager
Beyond Music
9255 Sunset Blvd
W. Hollywood
CA 90069

FWIW: I replaced my copy in spring 2002. I believe the title is now OOP http://www.hometheaterinfo.com/discontinued_u-z.htm. I'd see if you can contact Beyond Music over the phone and find out what's up

Last edited by Illinois Enema Bandit; 01-02-04 at 11:13 AM.