Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Dave Matthews & Friends

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Dave Matthews & Friends

Old 12-17-03, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dave Matthews & Friends

Anybody gone to one of these shows yet, or downloaded any of them?

So far, the setlists and recordings have been absolutely awesome. Covers include American Tune by Paul Simon, Up On Cripple Creek by The Band, Solsbury Hill by Peter Gabriel, Hey Bulldog by The Beatles, Will It Go Round In Circles by Billy Preston, Tell Me Something Good & Superstition by Stevie Wonder, and Spanish Moon by Little Feat.

The musicianship on stage is incredible, and the songs from Some Devil sound great. Can't wait to see them in Seattle!

If anybody is looking to download a show, or even a couple tracks from a show, I'd suggest Chris Jones' recording from 12/13 -- a ridiculously good sounding tape.
Old 12-17-03, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Nope, but I'll be there this Saturday in Rochester. Setlists look pretty sweet. Plus, Dave and Trey pulled out "Waste" as an encore last night. Hoping for the same this weekend.
Old 12-18-03, 07:45 AM

Some Devil was really disappointing (no, I wasn't expecting more DMB), but I'd love to see one of these concerts. What a band of great musicians.
Old 12-18-03, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went to the one in Madison Square Garden last night. What an incredible show. Definitely one of the best concerts I've been to in a long long time. Dave puts on a great show, and going on for more than three hours, he wasn't off-key once.

Pictures here... http://www.petridish.net/albumview.asp?a=11980
Old 12-18-03, 11:40 PM
Banned

Originally posted by CKMorpheus
I went to the one in Madison Square Garden last night. What an incredible show. Definitely one of the best concerts I've been to in a long long time. Dave puts on a great show, and going on for more than three hours, he wasn't off-key once.

Pictures here... http://www.petridish.net/albumview.asp?a=11980
I've got 60% of this show downloaded already. Should be able to listen to it tomorrow. I'm really only interested in hearing the "Bathtub Gin" and "Fool In The Rain". That's always been my favorite LZ song. I saw a video montage that some guy took from the 3rd or 4th row. Looked like Dave was really getting into "Hey Bulldog".
Old 12-21-03, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Absolutely sick show on Saturday night in Rochester. Though, I will disagree with Pantala and say that many of the "Some Devil" tunes just don't do it for me live. I was surprised at how "Too High" played live. It was phennominal, and led into a cover of Hendrix's "Fire". But the encore of Everyday>Bathtub Gin (Dave and Trey solo) and then a full band cover of Zeppelin's "Fool on the Hill" was the show stopper.

I would absolutely reccomend these shows, despite my opinion that a many of the "Some Devil" tunes were sub-par. The energy these guys are playing with is incredible, and they truly seem to enjoy playing together.
Old 12-23-03, 06:56 PM

I caught the Allstate Arena show last night. I really enjoyed it. It helped that the concert lasted around 3 1/2 hours. I hated the venue and often the crowd but enjoyed the music a lot. I hadn't looked at this thread or at other setlists so I didn't know that "Solsburry Hill" was going to be played. That is one of my favorite songs and having my favorite artist sing it along with his extremely talented shows made my holiday season.

The encore was amazing too. The crowd was singing "Three Little Birds" for a good three minutes after Trey and Dave got done. They just sat there and listened in amazement.

Great concert. Not as high powered and energetic as a DMB show but still very good. If anyone is going, pray for a good crowd that respects the artists. Stupid clappers almost wrecked a handful of songs last night