Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Wireless Headphone recommendations

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-03, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to look for a pair of wireless headphones for my upstairs TV so as not to wake the kid up. I wind up falling asleep in the living room way way too often. Standone Toshiba 40" widescreen, not connected to any stereo system but the TV's built in speakers are fairly booming. Trying not to pay more than say $125US for the two headphones. Not looking for anything too fancy, just the ability to easily switch back and forth between the headphones and the TV's speakers and to be able to control the volume from the headphones.

Oh, here's the kicker - I have a lot of potential interference, since in my bedroom I have a wireless phone, a wireless 802.11b router, and a wireless Recoton RF transmission for my satellite dish. So hopefully the headphones would be on some other frequency not populated by the above mentioned.

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-16-03, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sennheiser generally get excellent reviews. They offer several models of wireless 900 mHz w/ selectable channels that range from $60 to $300 depending on the quality, some of the upper models even do surround sound in the headphone! They also have some that are wireless via infrared.

Sennheiser Products
Old 12-16-03, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
I have the Sennheiser RS 65 and cannot recommend them highly enough. Amazing bass for headphones. Great sound. I have never had any interference problems.

My buddy has the RS 45 and they are very good as well, but not nearly as comfortable.
Old 12-16-03, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
http://www.pricegrabber.com/rating_g...28dd0eebf08815

Here are some reviews 3 good and 2 bad. The bad look like just bad units. One of the nice things that the first review mentions is the extra battery, so you always have one ready. Right in your price range too.
Old 12-17-03, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

thanks for the posts and info! as it turned out, I went on EBay last night and picked up a Sennheiser RS 45 for $69 shipped. Seems like the Sennheisers are the way to go. I was over at Good Guys yesterday evening and checked out both the RS45 and the RS65 and didn't find much of a difference when the transmitter was plugged via a big screen TV. I've seen the additional headsets go for like $50 or so, so I think I'm all set.