Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

returning portable rca

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

returning portable rca

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-03, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
returning portable rca

I purchased a portable rca dvd player at wal mart, and after attempting to watch 4 different movies, I'm going to be returning it. for some reason I can't even get through a whole movie without it freezing up. I can take the same movie and put it on my pioneer player and not have a problem one.
Old 12-08-03, 03:21 AM

i had the same problem ith mine as well. I purchased it through an online dealer, and My warranty is expired. The RCA portables are junk. The freeze up watching any tupe of dvd.
Old 12-08-03, 07:56 AM

I was pretty fortunaate, mine started messing up a couple of days after I bought it. I'll do some homework before I buy another portable..
Old 12-09-03, 04:33 AM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

you should look at the sasumg l200, it has a 10" screen and can be had for around $575, worth every penny
Old 12-09-03, 05:33 PM

RCA DRC600N?

If the unit you've been having problems with is the RCA DRC600N, it's not surprising but it is still a pretty good little unit. The first one I bought at Target did not work (would not power up). But I ordered a replacement on line (and tested one out thanks to Radio Shack) and I've been very happy with it for the past year. The pic quality, while not superb, is quite good. The display has a tough time with reds. Not sure if this one is available any longer, but it was a good buy at the time (under $400). I think you can get a better player for around $400 this Christmas (Toshiba?) and you can get something comparable to the RCA for less than that. In checking out display models of the Mintek and Audiovox, the RCA looked much better IMHO. . .

Dave