Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Volcano High on MTV

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-03, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
Volcano High on MTV

hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhah ahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhaha hahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahah ahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahaha hahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahah ahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahaha hahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahah ahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahha

WTF?

Dubbed with Method Man, Mya, Andre 3000 and more. Airing Commercial Free.

I like the movie and always thought it'd be cool for them to show it on US TV, but not like this (sorry I can't stop laughing for some reason)

And just to note - Volcano High is an effects heavy S. Korean flick about a bunch of students in High School that have to band together and fend off an impending attack. It's unusual but pretty entertaining. I figure it'll be the cut version as is and will have a cornyass dubbing and thus suck but ah well, at least it's something different.

Last edited by RichC2; 11-25-03 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-26-03, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When is it going to be on? It sounds like it will suck but I like looking at the head of kendo club. She's cute.
Old 11-26-03, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,021 Likes on 812 Posts
Dec 21st, 9 pm

I figure it'll suck but 'eh who knows.
Old 11-26-03, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

glad i saw the original first. this sounds like it's gonna be totally butchered.
Old 11-26-03, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The only "High" I want to see on MTV is Clone High.
Old 11-26-03, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We have a whole discussion going on in the International DVD Talk forum discussing this (it's at 30 or so replies by now). Basically, almost everybody who has responded on the subject think it's a really stupid f-ing idea.

It is. But I'm just tuning in just to see how bad MTV ruins a perfectly good film.
Old 12-23-03, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't know, I never saw the original cut, but I actually enjoyed MTV's showing. It was something different from the usual crap they play and I actually was entertained for 80 minutes. Might have to check out the original version sometime, but to me this was actually quite a decent presentation. Maybe I'm just not snobbish enough or something.
Old 12-23-03, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I never saw the originial cut either and saw it for the first time on MTV and liked the movie but hated the voice overs. It was horrible, i enjoyed watching the action and when things were silent.
Old 12-23-03, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wasted 30 min on it. It was like live action anime. It sucked. In fact I haven't seen an asian movie yet that doesn't suck but that is a different subject.
Old 12-23-03, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
boy that was bad. mtv should get some f'n balls and play the original cut with subtitles!!!
Old 12-23-03, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This dub version sucks ass! It was horrible.
Old 12-26-03, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
The dub was okay if you never saw the original and like hip hop.

I was just confused as to why the order of events was changed so drastically and why the Secret Manuscript was excised from the story.

For me the main draw was basic curiosity regarding what MTV would do to the film (I never expected so drastic a change though - just expected them to shorten it for TV viewing) and seeing certain scenes not on my DVD (I only have the international version which is missing 20 minutes of the film, only four of which appear in the deleted scenes menu of disc 2).

Still, you'd never see me buy this version of the movie on DVD unless it came bundled with the original full length South Korean release.

Last edited by RocShemp; 12-26-03 at 09:27 AM.
Old 12-29-03, 06:07 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by Morf
The only "High" I want to see on MTV is Clone High.
True.