Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

slayer box set

Old 11-24-03, 12:39 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
slayer box set

anyone else picking "soundtrack to the apocalypse" up? regular version or deluxe ammo box?

the ammo box for me.
Old 11-24-03, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm gonna pick up the regular version this week sometime, I already have most of the material to be included, except for the DVD footage and the demos & b-sides.
Old 11-25-03, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that's the case for almost everyone who's a Slayer fan!

I don't like the $25 price difference between the deluxe & normal set. You're basically paying $25 for a live CD.

Still thinking which version I'll pick up today.
Old 11-25-03, 12:48 PM
Banned

Originally posted by nodeerforamonth
I think that's the case for almost everyone who's a Slayer fan!

I don't like the $25 price difference between the deluxe & normal set. You're basically paying $25 for a live CD.

Still thinking which version I'll pick up today.
true, you also get a "backstage pass" (whoopie) and a wall banner (double whoopie). also, the concert is almost the same set list from the "War at the Warfield" DVD, but it comes in a bloodpack with floating skulls. (they did this with a single from 'seasons in the abyss' back in 1990).

hmmmm...$25......gotto go for it!!!

ADDED: anyone find any reviews wth pics?

Last edited by BRIAN 1972; 11-25-03 at 12:53 PM.
Old 11-25-03, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Actually, aren't you paying forty dollars more? The regular box retails at $60, and the limited one retails for $100. Sale prices will vary, I guess.

Sounds like a colossal rip-off to me any way you slice it.

Even with the regular box, you're only getting about two discs worth of new material, with the rest being culled from their regular albums.

Anyone who would be interested in this item will already own most of the material on it, anyway. And, frankly, most of their recent output (aside from "Reign in Blood," "South of Heaven," and "Seasons in the Abyss") has pretty much blown anyway.

And be wary of the "blood pack." I bought a single of theirs that came in a similar (the same) type of packaging and the thing completely dried up within a couple of years.

Here's a pic of the limited contents/box: http://www.slayersaves.com/stta.jpg
Old 11-25-03, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Josh-da-man
And be wary of the "blood pack." I bought a single of theirs that came in a similar (the same) type of packaging and the thing completely dried up within a couple of years.
You're supposed to refill it with the blood of your sacrifices... DUH!
Old 11-26-03, 08:30 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
Actually, aren't you paying forty dollars more? The regular box retails at $60, and the limited one retails for $100. Sale prices will vary, I guess.

Sounds like a colossal rip-off to me any way you slice it.

Even with the regular box, you're only getting about two discs worth of new material, with the rest being culled from their regular albums.

Anyone who would be interested in this item will already own most of the material on it, anyway. And, frankly, most of their recent output (aside from "Reign in Blood," "South of Heaven," and "Seasons in the Abyss") has pretty much blown anyway.

Here's a pic of the limited contents/box: http://www.slayersaves.com/stta.jpg
best buy had it at $40 for the regular & $65 for the deluxe.
i thought it was worth it - being a slayer fan. the booklet is great too.