Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Problem with disc 5 of my Smallville season 1 boxset!!

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-03, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

On 9/25/03 I purchased the season one boxset of Smallville. When i gothome I checked the six discs but since I didn't have time to check them thoroughly I skipped through all the chapters of each disc to make sure they at leastall ran fine on my DVD player. Little by little I've been viewing the entirety of each disc and today I was finally at disc 5. Seventeen minutes into the disc my player froze for quite a bit and then a few minutes later it froze again and pixelated like crazy and then skipped fifteen minutes into the disc. I take out the disc and notice to ring shaped scuff marks around the centre of the disc. I tried cleaning it to no avail. All the other discs ar unmarred save for this fifth disc.

I'm considering exchanging the set at Costco since I still have the receipt but it's been a few months since I purchased this and am afraid they wont exchange it. I also tried http://www.warnervideo.com but I'd have an easier time finding Waldo than an e-mail or snail mail address there. Anyone know where I might contact Warner Bros. to see if they might replace this disc? I'd really appreciate the help any of you might offer.
Old 11-21-03, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

All I'm looking for is an e-mail address or a phone number to call Warner Home Video. I tried there website but found nothing regarding their contact info. Either it's very well hidden or I just plain suck at navigating web sites these days.
Old 11-21-03, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have this email address for warner but you may wait awhile for a reply.

[email protected]

I've noticed alot of problems with the condition of Warner discs I've bought recently. Several discs have been dirty with fingerprints and full of scratches. I see a pattern in newer releases I've bought from Warner but I haven't seen many other widespread complaints. Most recently I had to exchange the Friends Season 5 set 5 times to finally get one without a big scratch on disc 4. I also had to exchange The Matrix Reloaded because the first disc was covered in scratches and fingerprints. I also had a scratch on a disc in my South Park Season 2 set but it played ok and I didn't exchange it.

I've seen a few other stray complaints about the condition of new Warner titles. In the review of Friends Season 5 on hometheaterforum the reviewer mentions that his set was full of fingerprints but luckily no scratches. He also hints that he's had this before from Warner titles.

Anyone else noticing this besides me? I'd complain to Warner but they make it very hard to contact them. I guess I'll just keep exchanging when I get bad discs. Maybe they'll notice all the bad discs coming back.

I also noticed that all my problems are from Warner discs in amaray or digipack cases. The handfull of snappers I've bought have been flawless...but snappers suck.
Old 11-21-03, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks for the addy, The Void. But how on earth did you get it?