Survivor 7: 11/20/03

Please let it be Jon voted out.

Here's the current status:

Here's a preview:
Spoiler:
Episode Title: Swimming With Sharks
* Having trouble sleeping, Rupert finds a spot on a log near camp and has a heart-to-heart chat with a faraway loved one.
* A trip to fetch water becomes an opportunity for one pair, with questionable fates, to hatch a new plan and turn the tide in their favor. Will their powers of persuasion work?
* Lillian has a slight anxiety attack.
* One castaway gives selflessly to another.
Old 11-20-03, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I have no idea who'll get the boot because it's contingent on who gets immunity.
Old 11-20-03, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Jon to go....or Burton....or Lil. Only 3 1/2 hours to go!
Old 11-20-03, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, Rupert situating on that rock reminded me so much of Sid the Sloth situating on his rock in Ice Age !
Old 11-20-03, 07:26 PM

Jon's gonna get drunk and spill the beans
Old 11-20-03, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've had enough of Lil's whining. Jesus, she won the challenge with Burton, take the reward and run.
Old 11-20-03, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I can't figure this out. With them showing Jon's speech to Lil about the order, I'm not sure if I can believe that it's going to go down that way.
Old 11-20-03, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,875 Posts
Well, Burton won immunity.

Doesn't "look" good for Rupert, but they've been playing the "Rupert" has to go card all episode, so I'm a bit skeptical that he'll be the one to go.

Maybe Lil is going to be the huge lie or huge regret?
Old 11-20-03, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, it looks like someone did a blowjob on
Spoiler:
Rupert, and that would be Sandra who inadvertently knocked Rupert out of the immunity challenge after Burton did the heavy damage to him in the blow-dart challenge.

It looks really bad for
Spoiler:
Rupert because he's put such a big target on himself with his physical "superiority" on the island.
Old 11-20-03, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,875 Posts
Bye-bye,
Spoiler:
Rupert.
Old 11-20-03, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

When all is said and done I hope that the Boy Scouts demote Lil to a Cub Scout leader.
Old 11-20-03, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Why did Jeff read the 5th vote? Four were enough given that there were 3 already spread among 2 other members.
Old 11-20-03, 07:54 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

Well like I have always said Jonny Fairplay will be the million dollar winner

"Thanks for having me"
Old 11-20-03, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That final goodbye speech sucked. Boo hoo you lost a game show.
Old 11-20-03, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Rupert is the funniest Survivor ever. He is a character, pure and simple. I cracked up when he said "I can't believe that" to Jeff.

And the good-bye speech had me rolling. "There goes my dreams"... lol.

Question:

If Rupert is in the all-star show next season, how will he be on the morning show on CBS? Maybe via satellite?

Last edited by BlackCapTen; 11-21-03 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-20-03, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

No kidding.

"I can't believe this." Please.

Well, I knew it was going to happen because no one wins everything, and front runners rarely do in this game.

Recap:

The winner of the reward challenge:

Spoiler:
The team of Burton and Lil who beat Rupert and Jon in the final portion of the challenge - putting a puzzle together. Lil opted to partake in the reward, while Burton gave his up to Jon. The reward was a boat ride, fishing, and pizza and beer. Jon laid it out for Lill, who continues to annoy the hell out of me week after week.

The winner of the immunity challenge:

Spoiler:
In a blow-dart game mixed with "cut throat" Burton sandbagged Rupert and once he was out of the challenge, Burton pressed on and knocked everyone else out to gain immunity.

And yes, the one to get the boot was:

Spoiler:
Rupert, with 5 votes, Jon got one vote from Sandra, and Darrah got 2 votes from Christa and Rupert. Rupert was shellshocked, gave a "woe is me, I don't fit in" speech.
Old 11-20-03, 08:11 PM

This was the most memorable episode for me.

I thought the first five minutes with Rupert in the moonlight, fighting for comfort amidst the rocky shoreline and talking about what it means to be a survivor and his overview of the proceedings, were something quite special. The beautiful photography, coupled with the poignancy of the moment and the overall complexity of thought on Rupert's part should, in my mind, propel this five minute segment into representing the "Survivor" franchise once this mighty, great series retires. It was a wonderfully symbolic segment that perfectly, and artfully, sums up the intrigue of the series.

I also loved the juxtaposition of the snake devouring the lizard segments. Had some wonderful symbolism. Plus, the shots were just cool as hell.

And Burton proves that, aside from his stunning handsomeness (at least according to my girl), he is an extremely intelligent player. Aside from not wanting Rupert to be full of energy for immunity challenge, I believe Burton also didn't fully trust Lil being alone with Rupert for that length of time (drinking alcohol; aka truth serum), so that's why he gave it to Jon.

Burton is a one-man machine at those challenges.

Also, this was the first episode where Jon actually didn't grate on my nerves. He was pretty amiable this time around. Even his dorky walk-up to voting was bearable.

But I think the reason why this episode will be remembered most is the Overthrow of Rupert.
Old 11-20-03, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Tarnower

Also, this was the first episode where Jon actually didn't grate on my nerves. He was pretty amiable this time around. Even his dorky walk-up to voting was bearable.
I still can't stand the guy. For weasels, I'd take Rob, from last season, any day over Jon.
Old 11-20-03, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts
Sweet! So glad Rupert is gone. You may be great physical player but your political strategy has been very bad the last 3-4 episodes. The whole food reliance thing is so overplayed. Providers have been voted out before and nobody has starved. With the exception of Lil, that 3-some of Rupert, Sandra (who I hated from Day 1), and Krista were the people I least wanted to win.

I'm rooting for TJ or Darrah to win it all. I'm even starting to like Jonny Fairplay. I like Burton but since he got a 2nd chance, I don't want to see him win.
Old 11-20-03, 08:18 PM

After hearing Rupert's cry baby exit speech I am glad he was voted out. Someone tell him this is a game. Even though it's sold as reality TV, IT'S NOT REALITY!

I hope John wins it all. He has played the best game of them all. Neither Burton or Lil deserve to win, they were already voted out once. Sandra, and Crista were riding Rupert's coattails. And Darrah And T are riding whoever they can to stay alive. John is the one playing the game. Backstabbing, scheming, lying, whatever it takes.

I do think that in order from him to win he will need either Burton or Lil in the final vote with him though. Probably Lil.

Go Johnny, go, go go! Johnny be good!
Old 11-20-03, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
But he continues to make his vote speeches quotes from pro wrestlers. With Savage, he quoted Macho Man Randy Savage. Tonight, he eord-for-word quoted Ric Flair and even added "Whooooo!" at the end.

What a dork.
Old 11-20-03, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wasn't Ryan the first in the jury?

Why wasn't he at tribal council?

edit: My bad. I guess I wasn't paying attention when they brought him out.

Last edited by BlackCapTen; 11-21-03 at 05:54 PM.
Old 11-20-03, 08:22 PM

I also loved the juxtaposition of the snake devouring the lizard segments. Had some wonderful symbolism. Plus, the shots were just cool as hell.
That was creepy.
Old 11-20-03, 08:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

"The Snake"
Old 11-20-03, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by BlackCapTen
Wasn't Ryan the first in the jury?

Why wasn't he at tribal council?
He walked out and kind of smiled; took his seat and watched.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.