Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

blue man group, tracy bonham, and venushum

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-03, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

saw them last night and man, i must say... i knew tracy bonham could sing (excuse if i mispelled) but i had no idea how well nor how talented she really was. nor did i know that led zepplin's black dog could be dont on a violin

then venushum. well, the background music was a bit different than my usual taste but this girl could belt it out and had such a phenomenal range that i was totally taken aback.

anyone see this combo or heard of the bands/singers before? curious on opinions...
Old 11-20-03, 03:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got Venus Hum's album "Big Beautiful Sky".
Despite being from Montana, the sound of the album is very british and reminded me of artists like Björk, Kosheen or Portishead at times. If you like TripHop music, the album is recommendable, IMO.
Old 11-20-03, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just got back from the Complex Rock Tour here in Little Rock. Overall was pretty cool. I'm really glad they played "I Feel Love", and I also think Tracy Bonham is a very talented musician, hope she continues to do well.
Old 11-21-03, 09:05 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey, Kris! I love Blue Man Group... seen 'em twice on stage and once on their Complex Rock Tour, which it sounds like you went to see in Houston. Check out their website at www.blueman.com ... they've got two CDs & one DVD out, with two more DVDs coming out in the near future.
Old 11-21-03, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
BMG kicks butt, I saw them once in Boston and three times on the Complex tour.

Tracy can really belt out the tunes, I don't like her type of music, but I really like her song "naked" that little girl can really sing.

Venus Hum is great! The lead singer can also sing, and they are very nice people to boot. I got to talk with them at the Atlantic City show and we chatted for about 10 minutes. I think they are a combination of Bjork sinking Garbage songs, at least thats what they sound like to me. I really like "Hummingbirds", "Soul Sloshing", "Montana" and "Sonic Boom" but they also have some clunkers like "The Bells" and "Bella Luna".

Last edited by Lateralus; 11-21-03 at 09:33 AM.
Old 11-21-03, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Venus Hum is awesome.