Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

24 "Day 3: 4:00 PM-5:00 PM" -- 11.18.2003

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-18-03, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Day 3: 4:00 PM-5:00 PM

CTU receives instructions for Salazar's delivery; Kyle and Linda get a glimpse of what they're into; Chase disobeys Jack, who makes a report, and a suggestion, to the president. Kyle: Riley Smith. Linda: Agnes Bruckner. Gomez: David Labiosa. Warden: Kevin Chapman. Gael: Jesse Borrego. Sergio: Julian Rodriguez. Michelle: Reiko Aylesworth. Wayne: DB Woodside. Anne: Wendy Crewson.
Now this is what i'm talkin' 'bout..

Jack goes Rogue [no pun intended ]
Old 11-18-03, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow, didn't see that comin.
anyone think the ending of the episode as it goes for the prison break and the prieview looks a little like
Spoiler:
Natural Born Killers
Even into the way (next episode spoiler)
Spoiler:
the guy takes Jack Hostage, was kind of like Mickey taking Wayne Gale Hostage.
Old 11-18-03, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i aint feeling this season yet. its not bad, but its just not as good as the last two so far.
Old 11-18-03, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not a bad episode, nothing too great though. I think although Tony is in the hospital his story line might be good. the president's story line is boring right now. I'm definitly liking chases's character. We'll see what happens.
Old 11-18-03, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did anyone think for a second that Kim was going to be put in charge of CTU.

I enjoyed this episode. The Palmer story is starting to get more interesting at last - esp with the Jack/Palmer conversation. Lots of open options for what the hell is going to happen!
Old 11-18-03, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

question, why is jack letting Salizar go again. i thought his goal would be to keep him in jail, and not let him out.
Old 11-18-03, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good episode, and I must say that after watching this season thus far, I'm regretting having not watched the last two seasons. I guess I'll need to rent and spin some dvds in the off-season.

Just one little gripe, though. Did anybody else find it a bit hard to swallow that Kyle could just walk out of that mall? They had agents swarming the place with high priority to secure the kid, who just moments ago was standing not five feet away from Tony, and he just walks away? I don't mean to be picky, but that's just a little farfetched.
Old 11-18-03, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

also, how could they get tony to the hospital and in surgery with in 10 minutes after he got shot. i doubt the hosipital is across the street.

Anyone else think that Clhoe is involved with the bad guy (forgot his name) the way she and him were really trying to convince Michelle to go to the hosipal.
Old 11-18-03, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't (at this point) think Chloe is in on it with "the bad guy" due to their conversation in the hallway about the cell. Had they both been in on it, there would have been no reason for that encounter.
Old 11-18-03, 10:01 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by Boot
Good episode, and I must say that after watching this season thus far, I'm regretting having not watched the last two seasons.
<snip>
I don't mean to be picky, but that's just a little farfetched.
Don't worry...Kyle escaping from the mall is probably the least farfetched thing that has ever happened on the show.
Old 11-18-03, 10:18 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts
meh

The Palmer story is going nowhere so far.

They did the Jack going rogue story in season 1 when CTU thought he was trying to kill Palmer.

Next week does look interesting with
Spoiler:
the lockdown
Old 11-18-03, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
decent episode. no really good "holy shit" moment, though. Next week looks freaking awesome, though.
Old 11-18-03, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What I don't get is this: if Palmer has ordered Jack to go ahead with this breakout plan, then why did Palmer say he couldn't help Jack out with his status later? I mean one phone call to the director of the FBI after everything was done would be all that was needed.

Also, I like how they explained the whole cellphone inside CTU thing; I was curious about that. Maybe some of the writers are reading these forums too!
Old 11-18-03, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally posted by huzefa
What I don't get is this: if Palmer has ordered Jack to go ahead with this breakout plan, then why did Palmer say he couldn't help Jack out with his status later? I mean one phone call to the director of the FBI after everything was done would be all that was needed.
Agreed. A Presidential pardon will erase any criminal action.
Old 11-19-03, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 910 Likes on 645 Posts
Ooh. A presidential pardon. Good idea. Jack can do anything this year and since it is the last year of Palmer's run(unless he wins again), he can pardon him.

Pretty far fetched but since Palmer has a military b/g if he lost the election could he go work for CTU? Or work with Jack in some kind of way. DH is too good of an actor to let go, oh shit moment or not.
Old 11-19-03, 12:05 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Guys, Palmer can't pardon Jack because that would be seen as negotiating with terrorists. That was the whole point of their conversation.
Old 11-19-03, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm still confused. Did Palmer go ahead with Jack's breakout plan because it was a way "to not directly negotiating with terrorists" but somewhat giving them what they want?

Did Jack say something like "I guess this would be my last assignment etc." Wonder if that this is FOX's subtle way of saying this is the last season?

Anybody have any ideas what the deal is about Anne's ex-husband? Were they in season 2? I don't remember when FX showed 24, I only have the season 1 box set and will get season 2 next month.

I liked how Palmer changed his mind and decided to face the issue in the debate.
Old 11-19-03, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Ranger
I'm still confused. Did Palmer go ahead with Jack's breakout plan because it was a way "to not directly negotiating with terrorists" but somewhat giving them what they want?

Isn't it because they realized Salazar had to be let out to buy time with the brother's plans? So if it appeared that a rogue agent switched sides and helped Salazar escape, the President would have no appearance of negotiating with terrorists? (And thus, Jack would become a fugitive, as Palmer could NEVER pardon him or the world would realize Palmer WAS forced into negotiating with terrorists.)

Last edited by rkndkn; 11-19-03 at 01:42 AM.
Old 11-19-03, 04:58 AM

There's an obvious solution to this quagmire:

Spoiler:
Jack dies at the end of the season
Old 11-19-03, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Venusian
i aint feeling this season yet. its not bad, but its just not as good as the last two so far.
I agree. It's just not "there" yet.
Old 11-19-03, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by rfduncan
Did anyone think for a second that Kim was going to be put in charge of CTU.
Yep, the way the camera was looking at her when Jack was talking to Michelle about finding a replacemtn was a little scary - I thought that scene would be the end of me watching 24 .
Old 11-19-03, 07:53 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
I think Chloe is going to be the first to catch on to the mole in CTU, but will be killed before she has a chance to tell anyone.

I liked the look on Kyle's face when his abductors were being hosed down after having contact with him. I think he believes the virus story now.

When is Jack going to go all Jack on us? I'm not feeling his bad-assedness like the last two seasons.
Old 11-19-03, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by rkndkn
Isn't it because they realized Salazar had to be let out to buy time with the brother's plans? So if it appeared that a rogue agent switched sides and helped Salazar escape, the President would have no appearance of negotiating with terrorists? (And thus, Jack would become a fugitive, as Palmer could NEVER pardon him or the world would realize Palmer WAS forced into negotiating with terrorists.)
But Palmer could still pardon Jack after the day was over using the excuse that whatever Jack did was to help the city of LA.
Old 11-19-03, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Jack had to let Palmer know his plan. It allows for the objectives of the Salazars to be reached (getting the guy out of prison) while saving face for the President. Jack's on a suicidal mission in the service of his country, and Palmer was the only one that could go along with the plan (the needs of the many outweighing the needs of the few) and maintain the policy stance of "non-negotiation with terrorists".

I thought the episode zipped along in vintage "24" fashion and set up enough subplots to keep the audience coming back for more.

I was really afraid Michelle was going to give the mole operational control of CTU. Glad she's digging in and putting the security of the country over her overwhelming desire to be with Tony.

Kim is, well, Kim.

I wished Jack would have called ahead to the prison warden to yank Chase's access to Salazar instead of doing what he had to do.
Old 11-19-03, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

anyone catch the wardens name (still trying to see if they indeed took the name from nbk

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.