Community
Search

Details: Cabin Fever

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-03, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Details: Cabin Fever

Hey

Hopefully this hasn't already been posted! Cabin Fever has been announced for the 20th January with the retail set at $26.99. The disc specs are attached below although I'm not sure about one or two of the features though - it's all a little cryptic! Artwork is also attached below:

2.40:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Transfer
English Dolby Digital 5.1 Track
Five Feature Length Audio Commentaries
Director's Shorts: The Rotten Fruit
The Making Of Cabin Fever Featurette
Family Friendly Version Feature
Music Only Track
Chick-Vision Feature
Rotten Fruit Feature
Pancakes (I have no idea!)
Theatrical Trailer
English & Spanish Subtitles

Old 11-18-03, 09:45 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
5 audio commentaries?

I am curious as to what Chick-Vision is.
Old 11-18-03, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
NICE!!! Loved this movie. And I am also curious as to what "chick-vision" is...

...boobies
Old 11-18-03, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

In interviews, the director appears obsessed with the lack of nudity in horror films these days; so I wouldn't doubt it if Chick-Vision is some jump-to-a-boob type thing. The "Family Friendly" version of the film should be pretty funny (and short!) as well.

Loved the flick, can't wait for the disk!
Old 11-18-03, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pancakes!

Must be their term for Easter Eggs.
Old 11-18-03, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Typical for Lions Gate. This appears to be missing stuff that was mentioned for the DVD about a month ago. From DavisDVD back on 10/10:

Lions Gate will release Cabin Fever also as a two-disc special edition. Early word from director Eli Roth has confirmed both rated and unrated versions of the film, five (!) audio commentaries from cast and crew, behind the scenes featurettes, deleted scenes, fan art drawn by 4 and 5 year old children (umm, okay), trailers and more.
Down to a single-disc release now... If the 'family friendly' version is their idea of rated and unrated versions, then that's a pretty stupid ploy (essentially the family cut would be "unrated"), and where have the deleted scenes gone?

One of those five commentary tracks better have Dennis on it, though! If you've seen the movie, the pancakes feature makes more sense.
Old 11-19-03, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I liked the film as well.

Just color me irritated with Lions Gate. They are really trying my patience.

First Rules of Attraction,then House of 1000 Corpses...& now Cabim Fever. All of which the filmmakers said unrated versions would be released when they first hit dvd,only to never come about on release day.

Yet I see a pattern though. They are making a follow up(not direct sequel) to Rules of Attraction called Glamorama. Who knows if that even started filming yet? Also have a sequel now in the works for Corpes..& rumors about a sequel planned for Cabin Fever.

Now you see,they are most likely holding out on the unrated versions until those sequel/follow ups are released.

Oh yeah,I am still waiting for the unrated version of Return of the Living Dead 3!

Will I buy Cabin Fever on dvd when released? Most likely yes..& I did with the other two LG films mentioned above since they were too cool to pass up & I did see them in theaters. I know,I know,I should hold out & wait wait wait. Yet with how no unrated verison is in site with those two. I just had to get them. Heck,I am for 'chick cam feature' if it is what I think it is

At the very least. I know I will have some demos to show people the differences,whenever the unrateds are released. Yet I don't do that with evey film released in two versions.

If we are lucky. The 'family friendly' version is the uncensored version..& of course the title is that of sick humor,which the director has. Yet I doubt that will be the case & they will attempt a brief 1 minute G rated version of the film,appropriate for the entire family.

I do wish they would get with the program & make both versions available either in the same release or at the same time separately. Yet they have to market them somehow & thus the wait continues.