Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Good news!!! Animeigo Samurai update!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-03, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.animeigo.com/

"Current Status of Active Projects as of 11/14/03

We know nobody really reads these reports, since nobody complained about the huge spelling error in the last one, but anyway...

LW&C: Baby Cart to Hades - Packaging is complete, liner notes have been printed. Authoring nearly finished. Product expected to be available for purchase (AnimEigo website) on 12/29/04.

LW&C: Baby Cart in Peril - Packaging is finished and liner notes are printed. Film transfer and restoration complete. Authoring has begun. Product expected to be available for purchase (AnimEigo website) on 01/12/04.

LW&C: Baby Cart in the Land of Demons - Packaging and film transfer finished, restoration in progress. Product expected to be available for purchase (AnimEigo website) on 01/30/04.

LW&C: Baby White Heaven in Hell - Packaging is done. Film transfer nearly complete. Product expected to be available for purchase (AnimEigo website) on 02/23/04.

Lady Snowblood - Film has been transferred, and restoration complete. Authoring has begun. Product expected to be available for purchase (AnimEigo website) on 01/19/04.

Lady Snowblood: Love Song of Vengeance - Film has been transferred, and has begun restoration. Product expected to be available for purchase (AnimEigo website) on 02/09/04.

Zatoichi The Outlaw - Replication complete, product is being shipped from the plant. Delivery of product is expected on 11/21. Product expected to be available for purchase (AnimEigo website) on 11/24/03.

Zatoichi at the Fire Festival - Authoring complete, liner notes printed. Packaging is finished, and waiting on licensor final approval. Product expected to be available for purchase (AnimEigo website) on 12/19/03.

Zatoichi at Large - Authoring finished, liner notes are being printed. Packaging is complete, and waiting on licensor final approval. Product expected to be available for purchase (AnimEigo website) on 01/05/04.

Zatoichi in Desperation - Film transfer complete, restoration nearly finished. Authoring will commence soon. Product expected to be available for purchase (AnimEigo website) on 03/08/04.

Zatoichi's Conspiracy - Film is in the process of being transferred. Product expected to be available for purchase (AnimEigo website) on 03/31/04.

Zatoichi Meets the One-Armed Swordsman - Film is in the process of being transferred. Product expected to be available for purchase (AnimEigo website) on 04/19/04."
Old 11-16-03, 10:47 AM

I just watched Lady Snowblood last week- what a great movie. Looking forward to seeing all of these .
Old 11-16-03, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Huge thanks on the post. I've been wondering like crazy when the rest of the LW & C discs would come out.
Old 11-24-03, 09:33 PM

I'll believe it when I'm watching WHITE HEAVEN IN HELL in 480p

Don't count your chickens before Robert sends you a shipping confirmation. I've watched some of these films slip from announced shipdates back in 99-2000.

If he announces 7 films in Dec-Feb, then figure we may get one film in April if we are lucky.

Regarding Lady Snowblood, the second one is the REALLY good one. Completely nuts.

The entire Lone Wolf and Cub series is a safe blind buy for anyone that enjoys films with violence that can tolerate subtitles.

Animeigo's bread and butter is its anime licenses. So, they have really marginalized their very promising Samurai Cinema imprint. I think Robert's business model is still too otaku oriented.
Old 11-24-03, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: I'll believe it when I'm watching WHITE HEAVEN IN HELL in 480p

Originally posted by sicklerice
Don't count your chickens before Robert sends you a shipping confirmation. I've watched some of these films slip from announced shipdates back in 99-2000.

If he announces 7 films in Dec-Feb, then figure we may get one film in April if we are lucky.

Regarding Lady Snowblood, the second one is the REALLY good one. Completely nuts.

The entire Lone Wolf and Cub series is a safe blind buy for anyone that enjoys films with violence that can tolerate subtitles.

Animeigo's bread and butter is its anime licenses. So, they have really marginalized their very promising Samurai Cinema imprint. I think Robert's business model is still too otaku oriented.
Yea, it looks like they already missed the date on the next one "Zatoichi the Outlaw". It was supposed to be ready today. Let's hope the schedule does not slip much. As long as the transfers are dead on, I can be patient.