Back To The Future Collection

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-03, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may be an old issue, but has it been confirmed that the boxed sets now available are fixed?

Thanks.
Old 11-14-03, 02:53 PM
SeeNo Member

It hasn't been confirmed yet and I haven't seen any fixed ones in stores yet.
Old 11-14-03, 03:30 PM

Fixed?

Ok, did a bit more searching and found this bit from IGN -

BTTF: Fixed!
Universal finally reveals how to spot the fixed Back to the Future discs.

February 21, 2003 - Well, it's taken a while, but Universal has announced how consumers can spot the fixed Back to the Future DVDs on store shelves. In addition to replacing discs via mail beginning next month, they will be shipping corrected boxed sets to stores. Universal has been sending out an email to people that gives instructions on how to spot these fixed discs, and here's the important bit from that email:

"The new packaging will have a "V2" printed near the bottom of the screen format/bar code sticker. This will indicate that the set contains the remastered versions of BTTF II and BTTF III. The same "V2" will also appear on the new discs after the copyright language line."

========================

Let's hope it's actually true.
Old 11-14-03, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Fixed?

Originally posted by Dragon77
"The new packaging will have a "V2" printed near the bottom of the screen format/bar code sticker. This will indicate that the set contains the remastered versions of BTTF II and BTTF III. The same "V2" will also appear on the new discs after the copyright language line."
I have been checking these sets in B&M's since this message was released and still have yet to see a "corrected" set in stores....
Old 11-15-03, 03:15 AM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
I too have been wanting to buy this set (especially since the price drop) and still have not seen any V2 sets.
Old 11-15-03, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There is no V2 printed on the packaging --yet.

FYI: DONT LOOK FOR A V2 but a GREEN STICKER

This information was taken from the Home Theatre Forum (an excellent website) and was brilliantly written by Vince Maskeeper. For more information I suggest you read his whole FAQ. Congrats to those guys.

Does any B&M or etailer sell this thing inside the USA?

According to Universal, the new packaging has a "V2" printed near the bottom of the screen format/bar code sticker. This will indicate that the set contains the remastered versions of BTTF II and BTTF III. The same "V2" will also appear on the new discs after the copyright language line.

So short answer: there is a small "V2" stamped on a barcode sticker placed on the back of the packages, as well as being stamped on the discs themselves.

It has been confirmed that on replacement discs mailed from Universal the V2 is on the bottom of the disc right after "All Rights Reserved" as seen here:

In mid-July 2003 Canadian Customers reported seeing BTTF Boxed Sets with Green "REMASTERED" stickers appeared in stores like Future Shop & HMV. Initially it seems these sets are only available in Canada, and only in select retailers.

Despite claims from Universal that the Barcode would be different, or V2 would be on the packaging, the only difference between the original sets and the remastered ones is this greem sticker. Again the only way to tell the old widescreen box set from the CORRECTED remastered box set is the Green sticker with the words Widescreen "remastered" on the front of the box set:

But, as of October, these green stickered discs have not been reported in the US, nor have any online retailers offered them for sale.

So for now, and for the foreseeable future, the only reliable way to get them is to return the discs to Universal via mail.

Again for more info go here. Congrats Vince.
Old 11-15-03, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the great info,tacomantt!
Old 11-15-03, 10:27 AM

I think i seen the sticker in a store called fye but it came with a free keycain of the car? HAs anyone eles seen this before?
Old 11-15-03, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

THe free keychain was part of the first batch released. I've only seen those on FS copies at Target. BTW, got those POTC pics ready to post yet?
Old 11-15-03, 12:00 PM

there ready but my last set for some reson some people who's name will not be said got upset.
Old 11-15-03, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by issues
there ready but my last set for some reson some people who's name will not be said got upset.
Puh-puh-puh-puhleeeeease?
Old 11-17-03, 02:52 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Okay, so are the V2 versions available from Canadian etailers yet?
Old 11-17-03, 03:31 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Has anyone from Canada bought the set with the green label? if so how do they look?
Old 11-17-03, 04:35 PM

I may be a little late here (obviously) but why are the discs being replaced? What's wrong with the original? I ask because I just got the trilogy set in the mail on Saturday. I watched the first movie, but didn't notice anything wrong?
Old 11-17-03, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This information was taken from the Home Theatre Forum (an excellent website) and was brilliantly written by Vince Maskeeper. For more information I suggest you read his whole FAQ. Congrats to those guys.

A good read.
Old 11-17-03, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This would appear to be the V2 edition:

http://www.dvdsoon.com/show-title-details.xml?uid=37945
Old 11-19-03, 07:00 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Has anyone in Canada bought the verison with the green sticker? if so are they corrected?
Old 11-20-03, 08:02 AM
Suspended

Yeah, what's up, people?

No one has confirmed buying the V2 set yet. From what I've read the only way to get the new discs is by sending in for replacements.

What a joke. They won't get my money until I can order it online or buy the corrected set at Best Buy.
Old 11-20-03, 11:36 AM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Once I have a confirmation that the green stickers are good, then I'll buy my set....anyone?
Old 11-20-03, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I just called Universal and I am going to receive a return label for disks 2 & 3. Hopefully, I can get the replacements soon.
Old 11-22-03, 06:03 AM

Sorry, I am a bit confused and am not able to survey the whole discussion.
But I have just bought and received the BTTF trilogy from Canada. It did not have a green sticker on the front. So have I received the "old" and wrong framed version or the remastered and corrected version? How can I see which version I have received? Thanks!
Old 11-22-03, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I am pretty sure that you have the old version. The only reports that I have read states that only new version has a green sticker.

"If it does not have a green sticker then leave your money in your hipper". (Best I can think of).

Last edited by tacomantt; 11-22-03 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11-22-03, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
"If it does not have a green sticker then leave your money in your hipper". (Best I can think of).
Howzabout "If the sticker ain't green, leave the cash in your jeans."...?
Old 11-22-03, 09:58 AM

Originally posted by jough
What a joke. They won't get my money until I can order it online or buy the corrected set at Best Buy.
same here
Old 11-23-03, 01:39 AM
Suspended

The new discs will have a "V2" on the discs themselves, in the small print around the edge of the disc along with the copyright notice.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.