TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

CSI 11/13

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-03, 04:04 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
CSI 11/13

FYI tonight they're showing the episode that was bumped due to baseball a few weeks ago.

From tvguide.com
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Invisible Evidence
60 mins.

Warrick is blindsided in court when a bloody knife he recovered from a suspected killer's car is determined to be inadmissible, leaving the CSIs only 24 hours to find new evidence before the accused murderer is set free. Atwater: Xander Berkeley. Fife: Christian Camargo. Rita: Kayren Butler. Quinn: James Marshall. Sinclair: Erik Jensen. Hodges: Wallace Langham. Margaret: Palmer Davis
Old 11-13-03, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
*sigh*

Slightly inaccurate info follows:

Those of you with Wishlists/Season Passes for CSI on your DVR, and whose DVR will NOT record episodes with the same title that repeat within some pre-set limit (i.e. 28 days) may want to check things.

Because the "baseball game" change was last second when they switched to the rerun episode, most folks' "guide data" still showed the name of the show airing tonight. This might trick your DVR into thinking that it already recorded tonight's episode entitled "Invisible Evidence" when in fact it recorded a rerun (the one where there was an explosion in the lab, IIRC).

Primarily, this affects Direct TV DVRs powered by TiVo (standalone TiVo units were reportedly told to 'reset' the 28 day clock and still get tonight's episode).

Those of you with dumber DVR/PVR units, VCRs, or DVR units set to record the day/time/channel manually should also not be affected.
Old 11-13-03, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
damn it. my power was out until 9:30
Old 11-13-03, 10:59 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Good episode.

The 24 hour deadline gave the show more tension and drama that it usually doesn't have.

I'm glad they didn't just find more evidence against the guy they already had in custody and found the other guy that framed him instead.
Old 11-14-03, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
Good episode.

Nice to see Xander Berkley as the new Sheriff. He looks pretty good for a guy who had radiation poisoning and flew a plane with a nuke into a mountain.
Old 11-14-03, 06:01 AM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
deftones, I was wondering where I saw him before, and I had no clue who he was, af first I was thinking he could have been a neghibor by how familiar he looked
Old 11-14-03, 06:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Good episode. I just wish we could see court room action from this show a little more often.
Old 11-14-03, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Overall, an okay episode, but it was good to see some fire in these CSIs for a change.

So Xander Berkeley is the new sheriff in town.

When will they reveal who gets the promotion? Watch it be Warrick.
Old 11-14-03, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
The new sheriff needs a shave.
Old 11-14-03, 01:55 PM

Can't Las Vegas afford to light its courthouse? It reminded me of the courtroom from Judge Dred.
Old 11-14-03, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm in love with Jorja Fox. Thank you for listening.
Old 11-14-03, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So who has more sexual tension-- Grissom & Sara? Or Katherine & Warrick?

I still find it interesting that the obvious romantic pairing would have been Grissom & Katherine since they are closer and age and both the male & female leads of the show.

While the Grissom & Sara angle has been more obvious & spoken, has anyone else noticed the chemistry between Katherine & Warrick? They seem to have a lot of good scenes together.
Old 11-15-03, 07:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I've always gotten the vibe that Catherine was into Warrick, and that if he made the first move, she'd be putty in his hands.
Old 11-15-03, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally posted by apeyard
Can't Las Vegas afford to light its courthouse? It reminded me of the courtroom from Judge Dred.

I've noticed the lack of lighting in a lot of shows lately, particularly CSI and The West Wing. Very strange.

I liked how they 'expanded' the car after it was crushed (and the music in the background).
Old 11-15-03, 10:56 AM
Banned

What was that song during the car expansion...

I know I have heard it before

I think it ended with .... "she's my sister."
Old 11-15-03, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by CitizenX
What was that song during the car expansion...

I know I have heard it before

I think it ended with .... "she's my sister."

"Love Spreads" by The Stone Roses (although I think it was a re-mix)
Old 11-15-03, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 346 Posts
So, if the cop hadn't messed up the warrent, would CSI have helped send the wrong guy to prison??
Old 11-15-03, 01:00 PM

Originally posted by Bronkster
So, if the cop hadn't messed up the warrent, would CSI have helped send the wrong guy to prison??
That's exactly what I was thinking!!! It was a great episode...but to me it showed how little the CSI people worked when they first got the case. They didn't check the wax, the didn't look anywhere but the bedroom for the condom, they didn't look at anything else in the car except for the knife? Seems like they deserved to get blindsided because they didn't do their jobs in the first place. Also, shouldn't the prosecutor know that a warrant wasn't requested for the search of the car?
Old 11-15-03, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by pdutta2000
That's exactly what I was thinking!!! It was a great episode...but to me it showed how little the CSI people worked when they first got the case. They didn't check the wax, the didn't look anywhere but the bedroom for the condom, they didn't look at anything else in the car except for the knife? Seems like they deserved to get blindsided because they didn't do their jobs in the first place. Also, shouldn't the prosecutor know that a warrant wasn't requested for the search of the car?

Yeah I thought about this too. The defense atty would filed a motion to exclude the knife because of the lack of a warrant. This would not have happened on the stand.
Old 11-15-03, 01:36 PM

Originally posted by Red Dog
Yeah I thought about this too. The defense atty would filed a motion to exclude the knife because of the lack of a warrant. This would not have happened on the stand.
I don't think this WAS the trial, it was pre-trial to see if there was enough evidence to GO to trial. They were in the process of analyzing the remaining evidence, but they thought the knife would be enough to go to trial.

MV
Old 11-15-03, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by mverleg1
I don't think this WAS the trial, it was pre-trial to see if there was enough evidence to GO to trial. They were in the process of analyzing the remaining evidence, but they thought the knife would be enough to go to trial.

MV

I know, but generally motions to supress evidence are held in a separate hearing or even in the judges chambers.
Old 11-16-03, 08:40 AM

This episode was full of some pretty bad inaccuracies.

The courtroom scenes were great examples of how not to testify - although most TV show courtroom scenes are. But Warrick was testifying to all sorts of things that he didn't do (like conducting the DNA testing - saying it was a "match" - another thing that is never done in court).

But the worst thing was the fact that apparently Warrick searched the blood from the knife he found in the car through CODIS and it hit on Catherine's case with the dead woman. Well, DNA profiles from victims of crimes are not in CODIS - it is illegal to put them in the data base. So there is no way the two crimes could have been linked through CODIS.

I guess I'm just being way too nit-picky on the details but when the entire premise is flawed it makes watching the show difficult.
Old 11-16-03, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Lara Means
I'm in love with Jorja Fox. Thank you for listening.
I hope you are joking. She is so damn butt ugly.
Old 11-16-03, 03:06 PM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally posted by BDLOU
I hope you are joking. She is so damn butt ugly.
ditto that.
Old 11-16-03, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

She's even scarier looking sometimes in HDTV.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.