Community
Search

Friends Season 5 Loose/Scratched Discs

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-03, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friends Season 5 Loose/Scratched Discs

I preordered Friends Season 5 and opened it up to find the 4th disc loose and with a deep scratch.

Called up amazon and they sent a new one with 2 day shipping. I got the replacement, opened it and the same thing. Disc 4 loose with a big scratch. Called amazon back and now all they will do is refund my money.

Next I go to WalMart and buy another copy. This one had a scratched disc 4 but it was on the hub. I have the previous 4 Friends seasons and haven't had any problems. They have the same type cases and disc hubs.

Am I the only one with this problem? This is annoying and I'm about to just give up.
Old 11-12-03, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts
Wow. Your life sucks.

Does the scratched disc play alright? If it does, don't worry about it. If it doesn't, have it replaced again. You have very bad luck.
Old 11-12-03, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks

I was going to just keep it but all 3 discs would freeze at certain points. How can I have such bad luck. How am I even still alive with such bad luck.

I'm going to try one more replacement at walmart. I'll see what happens.
Old 11-12-03, 02:12 PM
Uber Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow. That is bad. I don't recommend crossing any streets for a few days.

I bought mine at Costco, and it was fine. I've actually watched the whole series already too. No problems except that Season Six isn't coming out for almost 2 more months!

4th times the charm!
Old 11-12-03, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by The Void
Thanks

I was going to just keep it but all 3 discs would freeze at certain points. How can I have such bad luck. How am I even still alive with such bad luck.

I'm going to try one more replacement at walmart. I'll see what happens.
WOW..that is worse than just bad luck..someone is out to get you..conspiracy! Seriously though I do feel for ya!
Old 11-12-03, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, for me the 5th time's the charm.

I went back to WalMart today and exchanged my set. This time I stood right there at the customer service desk and opened it. Sure enough, 4th disc scratched just like the others. I talked to a manager and he said I can keep getting them till I get a good disc 4. I tried one more time and finally this set had a good disc 4. I just replaced the 4th disc in the first set I bought since I already check out the first 3 discs and they were fine.

I went through 5 sets to get a good one. The discs were from 3 different places. 2 from separate amazon warehouses, and 3 from WalMart. Surely I can't be the only one who got a scratched disc in this set. Anyone else?

I'm beginning to think Warner is having some kind of problem in their plants. I had a bad Matrix Reloaded that was covered in scratches and fingerprints, the first replacement was fine. 3 of the Friends sets I saw had other discs with fingerprints, smudges and light scratches on them. I've never had problems with scratched discs and all the sudden with 2 new Warner releases I have problems.

Check your Friends Season 5 discs if you haven't already. It can't be just me.
Old 11-13-03, 03:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
My set was messed up too. Discs 1, 2, and 4 had broken hubs and were already flopping around. I had bought mine at Wal-Mart, so I just returned it and had them open the replacement for me to check it before I took it home.