What WWE dvds are worth buying?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-03, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just curious if you anyone could recommend any good WWE dvds? I want dvds that have good matches and have a high replay value.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-12-03, 10:50 AM

Hulk Hogan DVD
Ric flair DVD
Steel Cage Matches DVD
Old 11-12-03, 10:52 AM

Who do you like? I'd say the Ric Flair 3 DVD set is a must own. Wrestlemania this year is a must own show.

I know you're just interested in high match quality but the Tough Enough season set is a must for all fans. Even for those who watched the first season as there's plenty of added footage...including HHH going off on Goldberg when they really hated one another...they probably still do but now they have to pretend to get along backstage.
Old 11-12-03, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
Wrestlemania 2000 -- the 2nd disk has hours of video with segments from every previous wrestlemania
Old 11-12-03, 11:46 AM

here is a list of my favorite WWE DVD's

1. Bloodbath
2. Hulk Still Rules
3. Wrestlemania X7
4. Wrestlemania X8
5. Wrestlemania X9

and of course the Flair one when it comes out
Old 11-12-03, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hogan dvd (the only current wwe dvd that does have the scratch logo un blurred.
Old 11-12-03, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 172 Posts
Best of Raw vol 1&2
Old 11-12-03, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by GuessWho
Best of Raw vol 1&2

Also Bloodbath (the steel cage 2 disc set), Hulk Still Rules (not a huge Hogan fan, but if you grew up during that time this will bring back a lot of memories), The Flair set will be fantastic as well. I have not bought the HBK set but it looks to be loaded.
Old 11-12-03, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Last night, I just threw in the player the WWF's n.W.o. disc, which is immensely rewatchable. It includes

BRIEF Diesel/ Razor Ramon WWF histories as well as Hogan
The formation of the n.W.o. in WCW
Some of their better matches
Their WWF debut
The Rock vs. Hogan Wrestlemania match(selected highlights)

If you were watching wrestling in the mid or late 90's it's actually a pretty fun trip, and I got it on sale thinking I'd never watch it, but it is a lot of fun to watch.

Hulk Still Rules is a must own, and the Wrestlemania 2000 disc is pretty close to it.

Wrestlemania 17 is a pretty good collection but OOP I believe and somewhat hard to find. But it is considered one of the 3 best Wrestlemania's(and my favorite) capped by Austin's heel turn in the main event vs. the Rock. The WWF probably peaked just before Austin's turn in this match, and it was really their crowning glory. Great matches on the card, a TLC match, the old school gimmick battle royale, amongst others. If anyone has this, I'd love to trade for it.

And if you want great matches, the Shawn Michaels disc is great, as is the old school cage matches on the cage disc.
Old 11-12-03, 12:32 PM

I don't watch wrestling anymore, and i've sold off the rest of my WWE DVDs, but here is a list of some good DVDs (Match quality vs. Content)

Ric Flair 3 DVD Set
Shawn Michaels: From the Vault 3-DVD Set
WrestleMania X-7
Mick Foley: Hard Knocks and Cheap Pops
Old 11-12-03, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hate the Chumpster, so I refuse to watch that and even recommend it. He's the Pink Floyd of wrestling. BORING! Yes he is charismatic. Yes, he changed wrestling. But he is boring and has ruined every promotion he's worked for.

I can't recommend enough the Wrestlemania X-7 & 19 DVDs, the Bloodbaths DVD, both The Rock disks are great (lots of promos and extra matches that are excellent), and of course, the Ric Flair DVD.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Old 11-12-03, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Just something to be careful about, the Bloodbaths DVD has censored WWF scratch logos.
Old 11-12-03, 12:54 PM

Originally posted by Class316
Just something to be careful about, the Bloodbaths DVD has censored WWF scratch logos.
Which is about 5% of the footage shown during the 5.5 hour set.

Brett
Old 11-12-03, 01:57 PM

The HBK set is a great one, WM XIX is great, and I love the Best of Raw 1 & 2.

Planning on picking up the Bloodbath set, Flair set, and the other Wrestlemanias that I don't own...

I also will probably get the Best of Confidential just because of the Bret Vs. HBK Montreal match, and the Hart vs. Bulldog at Wimbly...I could care less about the feature, but I really want those two matches.

Is the Rey Mysterio set any good?
Old 11-12-03, 09:43 PM

What's so great about the Raw set? I didn't think there were any complete matches on there.
Old 11-12-03, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by nodeerforamonth
I hate the Chumpster, so I refuse to watch that and even recommend it. He's the Pink Floyd of wrestling. BORING! Yes he is charismatic. Yes, he changed wrestling. But he is boring and has ruined every promotion he's worked for.
Whoa whoa....hold on there a sec. The Pink Floyd of wrestling? That would imply that the Huckster has talent and proficiency inside the ring, as Floyd do with their instruments. You may not like their music and may find it boring, but that doesn't negate their talent. It's just not your style. They are not a 3 riff band, as Hogan is a 3 move wrestler...I'm not giving him any extra moves am I?
Old 11-13-03, 09:02 AM

I'm interested in ppvs only, not the "best of" dvds. I want complete matches. Which ppvs are the most memorable?
Old 11-13-03, 10:34 AM

The last 3 Wrestlemanias, SummerSlam 2002 and Royal Rumble 2003 are good starts.
Old 11-13-03, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by harpo787
They are not a 3 riff band, as Hogan is a 3 move wrestler...I'm not giving him any extra moves am I?
Lessee, the Leg Drop of Doom, the Finger Rip to the Eyes, and the Hulk-Up (that counts, right?).

Three moves. You are correct.
Old 11-13-03, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The RAW set is only good if you want documented footage of the show being changed into the 2-minute match, extreme for the sake of being extreme storyline-filled, McMahon dominated, Crash TV show it became in 1998.

At the time it was first out, it was probably one of the better WWF DVD's out there, but it doesn't hold up well at all, especially if you're not a fan of Crash TV. The set will remind you of roughly 1,001 stupid angles and storylines you saw the first time around but totally forgot about.

I'd say the one real notable of the set is Jericho's debut, which is still a markout moment.

Some other recommendations:

- Foley: Hard Knocks & Cheap Pops
- the Hogan Set
- the Flair Set
- Rey Mysterio 619
- Shawn Michaels From the Vault
- WM X7 (although it does get a little old after too many viewings)
- Best of Confidential (has Bret/DBS complete from Summerslam '92)
- Before they were Superstars Vol 2 (great extras)
- Bloodbath

What's so great about the WM XIX DVD? I haven't seen the set, but the show was pretty disapointing. Jericho/HBK and Angle/Brock are the only real reasons to even check it out and HHH going over Booker (after Booker was slated to win the title) not to mention the Miller Lite Catfight Girls getting more time than Matt/Rey, sorta put a damper on it.

The WM 2000 is a good choice, but only if you like the show. There were some good matches on there, but for some reason, I really hate the show.
Old 11-13-03, 05:22 PM

Originally posted by Al Padrino

What's so great about the WM XIX DVD? I haven't seen the set, but the show was pretty disapointing. Jericho/HBK and Angle/Brock are the only real reasons to even check it out and HHH going over Booker (after Booker was slated to win the title) not to mention the Miller Lite Catfight Girls getting more time than Matt/Rey, sorta put a damper on it.
If you found the show disapointing then you probably wouldn't enjoy the DVD set. In addition to Jericho/HBK and Angle/Brock, I enjoyed Austin/Rock (which in a worst case scenario is Austin's last match) and also (no flames please) the Hogan/McMahon Street Fight. Besides that there's 2 hours of extras. Enough for me to recommend it.

Thanks for the notes on the Best of Raw DVDs...that's one of the 2 WWE DVDs I didn't pick up (WWE Action being the other)...but with the Jericho debut I might reconsider now.
Old 11-13-03, 07:09 PM

Are there any websites which have WWE dvd reviews?
Old 11-13-03, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Brett44
Which is about 5% of the footage shown during the 5.5 hour set.

Brett
the hogan dvd does not but its not complete matches
Old 11-13-03, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You should check out the Action DVD, Casey. The feature is pretty blah, but it's got some stellar matches from the final months that the WWF didn't suck (around Wrestlemania). Some complete matches off the top of my head are the Austin/Angle WWF title match from RAW in January of 2001 (the one where HHH returned), the Angle/Booker T WCW title match from SD (where Angle won the title), the Jericho/HHH IC title match from April of 2001, and several more that I can't really think of, although I do believe the Jeff Hardy/HHH IC title match is on there, too.

The Rock/Austin match was good, but it was almost pointless considering that there really wasn't a whole lot to build on and I think they'd even agree that they more or less settled their score long ago. That was just basically Austin's sendoff match and I think he just wanted to put Rock over cleanly before closing up shop (although it's rumored that he's trying to get back into ring shape, unfortunately).

411wrestling.com has several WWE DVD reviews from recent times, as well as from a couple years back. You'll have to search a bit, but there are several around in the archives.
Old 11-13-03, 08:55 PM

Thanks, Al. You've convinced me to get Action now too...hell, I need all the action I can get.

There's also a review of The Backyard on this site. That comes out on Tuesday along with the Flair set.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.