Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 11/4

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-03, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
24 11/4

Admin note: please don't use spoiler tags if all you're doing is speculating or talking about stuff that's already aired. People start to read spoiler tags thinking that they're not filled with spoilers, and then someone puts an actual spoiler in them that they read, and they get upset. Thanks!
dd i miss the thread?

why doesn't palmer's brother just tell him what it is? anyone think chase is gonna end up dead by the end of the season? another mole in CTU? they don't do enough background checks.
Old 11-04-03, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The other thread was closed.

I don't think chase will end up dead, I think Kim will. That little speech by Jack about "Keeping my daughter under my eye" and the mole revelation at the end of the episode might lead to some creedance that Kim might be bumped off before this first 8 hours end.

And again, the Kim moments kinda slowed things down again.

Otherwise, this episode opened more questions.
Old 11-04-03, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Enjoyed the episode, then watched next weeks preview which showed Fox has shit for brains.
Old 11-04-03, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

avoided the preview like usual
Old 11-04-03, 09:22 PM

This episode was better than the first. We finally got some intrigue in the last 5 minutes. The first 55 were like the first show, nothing but background.

What do you think the problem is with Dr. Packard? nitially thought that she was going to end up being a lacky working for Max from season two. I figured that Mandy was sent in to make the President sick, and then the Dr. was sent in to keep tabs on him, or finish the job.

Now with this mystery around her this early in the season, I think I was wrong. She must have some other agenda.

How about Gael working for CTU? It appears that he is working under Jack in the Field Ops division. It's going to be interesting to see how that plays out. Especially since we've seen the 'mole in CTU' angle played before. It could be different this time though because now we know who it is.

I have given up watching the promos at the end of the shows. I know that Fox is going to spoil something in everyone of them. Once the clock ticks to an even hour I turn it off.
Old 11-04-03, 09:47 PM

For those who missed the end of the show preview for next week, I think it has something to do with Dustin Hoffman, Rene Russo and a crazy monkey...oh, wait a minute, just having a flashback...

Not a bad episode tonight...but not as good as the premiere. I'm just hoping we won't see yet another attempt on the President's life this season. "Now breaking the assassination attempt record, let's give a big hello to President Palmer!"

BTW, I don't think they are going to kill off Kim...I mean poor Jack is never going to get off the smack if he has to deal with another family member's death. He'd also be closing in on the "Andy Sipowitz 'Let's see how many family members and friends we can kill off before you go back to substance abuse' Award".
Old 11-04-03, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by DGibFen
The other thread was closed.

I don't think chase will end up dead, I think Kim will. That little speech by Jack about "Keeping my daughter under my eye" and the mole revelation at the end of the episode might lead to some creedance that Kim might be bumped off before this first 8 hours end.

And again, the Kim moments kinda slowed things down again.

Otherwise, this episode opened more questions.
with the speech from jack I kinda think they are going to kill Jack this season
Old 11-04-03, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
well, tonite we had the return of Kim's stupidity..

the mole was RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER and she just gave him a message and walked away...

Old 11-04-03, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nice to know Olmeda made Michelle an honest woman.

What's the name of the actress playing the brother's wife? I'm trying to place her...

Last edited by Buck Turgidson; 11-05-03 at 07:31 AM.
Old 11-04-03, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by ChrisHicks
with the speech from jack I kinda think they are going to kill Jack this season
the word is that that is what Keifer wants, however the other producers are trying to block it from occurring
Old 11-04-03, 10:33 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
meh

The first half was pretty average. It picked up with the mole in CTU and the shootout in the crack house.
Old 11-04-03, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
wholly shit. The preview for next week is ****ing crazy.
Old 11-05-03, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I had to laugh at Chase's advice to Jack-- sounded like dialogue straight from the movie "Airplane":

"Jack, it looks like you picked the wrong day to stop shooting heroin."

Old 11-05-03, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Good episode!
Old 11-05-03, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jadzia
I had to laugh at Chase's advice to Jack-- sounded like dialogue straight from the movie "Airplane":

"Jack, it looks like you picked the wrong day to stop shooting heroin."

Didn't even think of that... haha. He should say something wacky like that every episode. Jack, looks like you picked the wrong day to (fill in the blank).

I enjoyed it tonight, as much as I enjoyed last week. Lots of stuff going on. I thought it was weird how fast Jack/CTU got the identity of the kid that was carrying the drugs/virus (I figured it would be drawn out to several hours). I started thinking this threat could be taken care of pretty fast.

I thought Kim's stupidity returned when she decided today HAS to be the day to tell Jack about her and Chasey. I know its part of the whole plotline so it had to happen. But really, it could have waited until there was no more threat of a deadly virus that could kill tons of people.
Old 11-05-03, 04:54 AM

Originally posted by Wazootyman
the word is that that is what Keifer wants, however the other producers are trying to block it from occurring
That's not what Keifer wants...he just suggested that it would be an exciting way to shake things up on the show. Trust me, ain't going to happen unless cancellation is assured...Sutherland IS the show.
Old 11-05-03, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Any chance some future episode might involve the mole holding Kim hostage at CTU and because they don't negotiate with terrorists, Kim winds up dead?

Or am I just wishing for too much?
Old 11-05-03, 06:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

SO, is that Kim having a lesbian experience rumor dead?
Old 11-05-03, 06:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It was a decent episode. I'm really beginning to like Wayne Palmer--I think he's gonna be a great character this year. My main problem with the episode was with Kim. Once again she shows her complete lack of common sense. She knows there is a bioterrorist threat and that her father is extremely stressed out, so what does she do? Of course she picks then to tell her dad that she's been doing his partner behind his back for the last 3 months.
Old 11-05-03, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

anybody else laugh at the "pulling a Sherry" line by palmer's brother. I personally think the doctor of palmer is a mole working against him and that the man who is the mole at ctu will some how kill somebody important within the next few "hours"
Old 11-05-03, 07:25 AM
Admin Emeritus

Deleted a bunch of spoiler tags. Please see my note at the top of the thread about using them properly.
Old 11-05-03, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I got it: Doc Anne is really Mandy's mom in deep undercover (with gene therapy to boot)!

The girl playing Chloe was also in "Legally Blonde 2" (the DVD just came out this week). I wouldn't discount the possibility that she does have a meltdown having to serve to masters this day in a high pressure situation.

I didn't like the mole being in CTU once again either. It's a cheap way to ratchet up the tension where the bad guys has an advantage in out-positioning Jack and company.

Kim's a brat, 3 years of more schooling notwithstanding. I think she's going to get Chase killed. But if Kim got killed, Jack foreshadowed it with his point that the job cost him his wife Terri.

2 hours into the season, and I almost miss Sherri. Heh. Wayne even uttered her name.

And yes, I wish I didn't watch the previews for the next hour. Grr...damn Fox marketing department!
Old 11-05-03, 08:15 AM

Keifer is supposedly on contract for more than this year. And Kim would upset the balance too much. Chase being the one killed seems more appropriate. Kim seeing the world from her fathers side and Keifers speach to Chase makes this occurance more obvious. Still it is early in the season so anything could happen.

On different notes I am dissappointed that Palmer did not have a metal hook for a hand after the attempted assasination attempt.
Old 11-05-03, 08:17 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Pretty boring stuff. Too much time on the soap opera elements: "I got you a job at CTU so I could keep an eye on you. I'm shocked, SHOCKED that you got involved with a field agent!"

If this keeps up, I probably won't last the season.
Old 11-05-03, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Groucho •<HR SIZE=1>Pretty boring stuff. Too much time on the soap opera elements: "I got you a job at CTU so I could keep an eye on you. I'm shocked, SHOCKED that you got involved with a field agent!"

If this keeps up, I probably won't last the season.
<HR SIZE=1>

Yeah, I was surprised how bored I was watching this. Even with its prior silliness, it was still an intense show. These first 2 episodes haven't even been that.

das

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.