Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

OK...should I get an XBOX now?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-03, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK...should I get an XBOX now?

I'm a big sports fan and wouldn't mind picking up an XBOX for Madden and ESPN Basketball...both loook good, but got some Q's:

1) Is the XBOX gonna go down in price this XMAS?

2) Is it worth buying this system for Madden and ESPN basketball? I love b-ball, but I've been dissapointed in the last 3 years with the NBA games.

Don't own a system now, and besides these games, have no desire to own one...
Old 11-03-03, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
It is worth it to buy ESPN Basketball because it is leaps and bounds better then Live 2004 (despite what OXM says, bah). Plus you can play on Xbox Live. Also, if you want some good advice....forget Madden, and go with ESPN football. I got rid of my Madden as soon as I got ESPN, it was that much better. The only thing Madden has better then ESPN is owner/franchise mode.

As far as the price going down, who knows. I have heard stories of sales on Black Friday, and a rumored price drop at the end of Novemeber or something like that.

Old 11-03-03, 05:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I have three Xbox games and no Xbox.

Still waiting for another price drop which I feel is going to happen in the near future. If not....will wait for some Xmas money and buy one.
Old 11-03-03, 10:55 AM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just see if there's enough games you want.

Don't make an impulse buy. I bought one after the drop to $179 for KOTOR, and I'm regretting it now as it's gathering dust as I haven't found much else I'm interested in on it.
Old 11-03-03, 11:01 AM
Banned

I got you beat! I've got 7 XBox games and still no XBox. Best Buy has a deal this week where you get a free Platinum Hits game when you buy the system so I may go ahead and take the plunge very soon.
Old 11-03-03, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Holiday around the Corner I rather waiting couple weeks & See Awsome deal on XBOX/PS2. WHile you waiting trying STOCK UP ur XBOX games collection

Also, Checkout Amazon.com they have "Panzer Dragoon Orta" (Xbox) $15
Old 11-03-03, 11:13 AM
Retired

Originally posted by Jtnguyen12

Also, Checkout Amazon.com they have "Panzer Dragoon Orta" (Xbox) $15
Damn, I was all stoked about that, only to find that the cheapest shipping plus tax was over $5!! Video games aren't eligible for the free super saver shipping deal either. Oh well.
Old 11-03-03, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,189 Likes on 4,216 Posts
If possible, I'd try to hold off a few weeks. It would certainly seem to make sense for them to drop the price before the holiday season; I really doubt their ultra-lame holiday bundle made even a blip in their sales number. If you must buy one now, I'd do it from a retailer that has 30 days price matching so that you can get a lower price when it goes down (but other deals like that free Platnum game might render a lower PM deal void, so watch out for that).
Old 11-03-03, 11:48 AM

I'm a fan of football games. I've bought a football game every year since the original gameday came out on ps1. I also play b-ball (NBA 2k3), and NHL 2003 and 04.

if you have a few friends who also enjoy sports games, then definately buy an xbox. if I didn't own a system, I'd buy one just for the latest madden. it has so many improvements over the last few years of any football game.

if you don't have anyone to play games with, I'd consider picking up a ps2 for madden online. it's a dying system though. xbox and xbox live are so much better.

if you haven't played video games in a while, the xbox is the way to go. I don't own one, but I'm looking forward to buying one. there are so many great games out now. even if you don't usually play video games, you'll end up finding a game you'll enjoy.
Old 11-03-03, 11:55 AM

If this is true http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=327807 , I would wait!

The next version of Xbox is expected to be announced in January by Microsoft founder and Chairman Bill Gates (news - web sites) and to be on sale next fall ahead of the holidays, according to Doherty.

Chris
Old 11-03-03, 01:15 PM
Banned

Don't get one now, you should get one.........................NOW!

FS