Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor 10/30/03

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-03, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Survivor 10/30/03

I knew they would did this with the tribes eventually. I'm actually surprised it took so long. It'll make for a longer season probably.

Nice Twist.
Old 10-30-03, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This is a really crazy twist.

The 6 survivors booted out became another tribe, and they called themselves "The Outcast". They competed against Drake and Morgan in a 3-way competition. Because The Outcasts won the competition, both Morgan and Drake have to vote out one person from each tribe, and The Outcast will vote back in 2 members to go back to the original 2 tribes to keep the numbers at 10 survivors.

This will really shake things up!

Last edited by Patman; 10-31-03 at 06:59 AM.
Old 10-30-03, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
HOW COULD THEY NOT VOTE JON OFF? HOW? HOW? HOW?
Old 10-30-03, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by WildcatLH
Spoiler:
HOW COULD THEY NOT VOTE JON OFF? HOW? HOW? HOW?
I just don't know.

Spoiler:
Only thing I can think of is the other 3 feel they can manipulate Jon because he's already "betrayed" Rupert. Maybe they can take further advantage of him. Strength-wise though, it seemed like a bad idea. Just a thought. On another note: To be continued!? Damn, did they say it was a 2-parter?!

Also,
Spoiler:
I think if it works out right, the Outcasts voted back in will not go back to their native tribe, in an attempt to give them a "better" chance at surviving.

Last edited by BlackCapTen; 10-30-03 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-30-03, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Spoiler:
Why didn't they keep it a three tribe survivor. Now that would have been really great. Great episode though.
I wouldn't trust Shawn though, and Jon is probably more easy to manipulate now, at least to Rupert.
Old 10-30-03, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow, and just like that...

Shawn is gone, and Osten becomes the biggest wimp in Survivor history. Jeff even dissed Osten by laying down his extinguished torch as sign of Osten opting out of the game, giving up.

Last edited by Patman; 10-31-03 at 06:59 AM.
Old 10-30-03, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Spoiler:
Wow. This could be interesting with the Outcast tribe changing the dynamics of the game and making it more unpredictable.
Old 10-30-03, 08:10 PM

The title of the episode sums it up... What the...

What was up with the "Outcast" tribe using those ribbons to tie together their pole? That seemed kind of fishy to me.

Why Jon? I'm baffled. Shawn saved Rupert's ass just one day ago. I bet Shawn wishes he could change that vote now. Rupert seems to have a solid 3 person alliance now.

Osten. What a joke.
Old 10-30-03, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Shawns a loose cannon. though to us he has always been siding with rupert, I think it's simply put that jon already screwed up and sandra, christa and rupert know they are in it together. Shawn to them has been jumping around a bit. lets see how this plays out.
Old 10-30-03, 08:27 PM

Well, i guess Osten wasn't faking it, guess I gave him too much credit.

Wtf was up with those ribbons?
Old 10-30-03, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I like how they laid down Quitter's torch. It reminds me of Tough Enough where they trashed your name if you quit.

das
Old 10-30-03, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Good episode and nice twist....I am curious how the Outcasts will vote who comes back??

I would assume that they cannot vote for themselves...how do you campaign?

Osten = Super wimp....what a clown....
Old 10-30-03, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
I wonder if they will continue with the OutCast tribe, allowing people to keep getting back in.

It will be interesting to see what the voting is like for the OutCast repatriation. If there is no further OutCast tribe after the vote, what reasons would they have for voting someone back in (assuming they will not be able to vote for themselves).

Finally, I have to think that if they are only bringing the two OutCasts back, they will be Tribal Council fodder. It is highly doubtful that they could swing a majority on either tribe (assuming one will go to each).

Interesting episode, but it really might just be silliness if they don't make more of the twist.

Edit: I guess I'll do away with the spoiler tags since everyone else is now.

Last edited by SunMonkey; 10-30-03 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10-30-03, 08:45 PM

Did Osten even give his final words?
I have to say, I'm not pleased about this twist. It isn't fair to the original survivor's. They outwitted, outlasted, and outplayed those Misfits once already.

I also have doubts about how the misfits were living. They may have been living on subsistence level rations, but they didn't have to compete in challenges, they didn't have to endure the elements, and they've been living together, knowing they would get a chance to get back into the game and screw their former tribe members over. That common cause would unite them enough to quell any internal strife.

I hope the Morgan and Drake members come together and vote out those misfits as soon as they are allowed to.
Old 10-30-03, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by shaggybrown
Did Osten even give his final words?
Nope. They just aired footage of the Morgan tribe leaving. A definite snub the way I see it.
Old 10-30-03, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think it would have been funny if Osten had only been pretending to give up, and behind everyone's back, he and two others plotted to really vote someone else off. Then at tribal council when he said he quit, they didn't even get to vote! haha.

Of course, that didn't really happen, but if it did, it would have been funny.

Annoying episode tonight, IMHO. Gotta suck for the others who struggled to survive, but would have still been in the game if they HAD been voted off.

I guess Drake voted off Shawn because it did seem like he was the one who started the fights.

And DAMN, Andrew hates that Ryan kid.
Old 10-30-03, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
It makes the only sense if the ones coming in go to different tribes then what they were kicked out of. Say throw burton into Morgan and leelee (or whoever) into drake. this way they have a fighting chance when the merger happens and it shakes things up when they do merge.
Old 10-30-03, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey
I like how they laid down Quitter's torch.
Old 10-30-03, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They don't even have any final words text or clips on the site for Osten.
Old 10-30-03, 11:35 PM

Originally posted by das Monkey
I like how they laid down Quitter's torch.
Originally posted by SunMonkey
They don't even have any final words text or clips on the site for Osten.
And how about how Probst gave him his exit. No "It's time to leave", no "The Tribe has spoken", just a simple "Go Home".

I thought that was great!
Old 10-31-03, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Osten was the worst Survivor yet. If anyone deserved a second chance, it was Michael from the Australian Outback. Oops, wrong Survivor.

I had thought that the "big twist" would be that the Outcasts came back and were to become the jury. Maybe in Survivor IX...
Old 10-31-03, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't know about this twist. I know they have to keep the game fresh and unpredictable, but bringing back people who have already been kicked off seems...cheap.
Old 10-31-03, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

The twist is strange. so potentially all the voted off members could come back and clear out the surviving members. sucks. I must say that the outcast, even with the same food supplies have the advantage of not having to do the same challaneges as the other two tribes and thus with that blood lust in them, will of course come back with a vengence. hopefully next week wont be another outcast win. It just doesn't seem fair.
Old 10-31-03, 06:35 AM

Originally posted by Vonner
And how about how Probst gave him his exit. No "It's time to leave", no "The Tribe has spoken", just a simple "Go Home".

I thought that was great!
Me too! It was great how Probst was calling him out at Tribal Council and outright calling him quitter and Osten tried to say, "You can call it quitting, I can call it stopping." What a loser!!! How can he not be embarassed to be doing that in front of two guys that weight about 50 lbs less than him and two skinny girls?!?!? Unbelievable! He has no shame. I thought it was great that they didn't acknowledge him at all at the end of TC. He will go down as the biggest ***** in Survivor history!
Old 10-31-03, 07:22 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Vegas9203
Me too! It was great how Probst was calling him out at Tribal Council and outright calling him quitter and Osten tried to say, "You can call it quitting, I can call it stopping." What a loser!!! How can he not be embarassed to be doing that in front of two guys that weight about 50 lbs less than him and two skinny girls?!?!? Unbelievable! He has no shame. I thought it was great that they didn't acknowledge him at all at the end of TC. He will go down as the biggest ***** in Survivor history!
Agreed...what's even worse, there was a 17th person who didn't get on the show and probably would have done anything to get the chance to be there, and instead you have this asshat eating up a spot in the game and quitting.

FS

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.