Lyon's Den next network casuality..?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-03, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chicken Little here.

Found this on TVGuide.com:
DEN DONE?: Rob Lowe may want to see if there are any job openings at the West Wing. NBC has pulled the ex-Brat Packer's new drama the Lyon's Den off the schedule for November sweeps. A second helping of Law & Order: Criminal Intent will air in its place. The show is expected to return in December, but for how long? (That was a rhetorical question.)
I guess Law & Order seems to be the "go-to" show..
Old 10-29-03, 10:21 PM

Damn, this pisses me off. Lyon's Den is my second favorite new show behind One Tree Hill. NBC is crap.. All they want to put on TV is shitty sitcoms that are not funny and 48 airings of Law and Order..
Old 11-13-03, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
Lyon's Den to return on November 30.

Thursday, November 13, 2003 - 8:52 AM
NBC to Re-Open 'The Lyon's Den' on November 30
By Brian Ford Sullivan

CHICAGO (thefutoncritic.com) -- NBC is making good on at least one of its pre-sweeps promises as its hiatused drama "The Lyon's Den" is set to return to the Peacock's schedule on Sunday, November 30 at 10:00/9:00c.

NBC topper Jeff Zucker told reporters in late October that while "Coupling" and "The Lyon's Den" would not air during November sweeps, both would return after the key ratings period. Since said promise, the Peacock axed "Coupling" (read the story) while "Den" has gone through some creative changes.

The show's creator, Remi Aubuchon, stepped down as showrunner on the series due to creative differences with Brad Grey Television and 20th Century Fox Television shortly before NBC pulled the show (read the story). Aubuchon reportedly wanted to delve more into the murder mystery mythology established in the pilot while the studios were pushing for more close-ended legal stories. All parties say NBC itself didn't ask for the change however was supportive of the decision. Aubuchon remains as a writer/producer on the show.

For its five airings this season, "Den" averaged 10.1 million viewers, off slightly from "Boomtown's" 10.7 million viewer average during the same period last season. Repeats of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" will continue to fill the Sunday, 10:00/9:00c hour until "Den's" return on November 30. "Intent's" November 2 repeat broadcast snagged 10.8 million viewers, the time slot's best numbers since "Den's" pilot episode (12.3 million). This past Sunday NBC aired its telefilm "Saving Jessica Lynch" where it scored 14.9 million viewers.
Old 01-01-04, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

BUMP

Ok, so The Lyon's Den did indeed return on November 30th....but then it quickly left again. At first I thought "its Christmas time...they want to show Christmas Vacation and Titanic for some reason", and didnt think anything of it. But this Sunday we have the regular Sunday night lineup, all new episodes, except for an episode of Queer Eye at 10PM. To me, it sounds like the show is dead (and even if its not, does it even still have an audience with only 1 episode in the past 2.5 months).

Last edited by ENDContra; 01-01-04 at 08:39 PM.
Old 01-01-04, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Yeah - I think it is pretty much dead. You might see a few episodes burned off a la Boomtown.
Old 01-09-04, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk God

It's officially dead. Perhaps there will be a summer burnoff.

Thursday, January 8, 2003 - 7:55 AM
NBC Officially Closes 'Lyon's Den'
By Brian Ford Sullivan

CHICAGO (thefutoncritic.com) -- After weeks of dodging, NBC executives confirmed yesterday it has pulled the plug on its freshman drama "The Lyon's Den."

Production was completed on its initial 13-episode order last month however the series has been absent from the Peacock's schedule since November 30. The news leaves seven installments of the series on the shelf. No permanent replacement for the show's Sunday, 10:00/9:00c time slot has been named.

"Den" averaged 9.6 million viewers for its six-episode run, retaining just 66.45% on average of lead-in "Law & Order: Criminal Intent."

Remi Aubuchon, Rob Lowe, Kevin Falls, Brad Grey, Bernie Brillstein and Dan Sackheim were the executive producers of the series, a production of 20th Century Fox Television and Brad Grey Television.
Old 01-09-04, 11:49 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
That's a shocker

In other shows that are about to die news, CBS has cut the number of episodes of The Handler from 22 to 15.

THE HOOK: Joey Pants is about to lose his shirt — or at the very least his CBS series The Handler. The network has trimmed the show's episode order from 22 to 15, fueling talk that the freshman drama is a goner.
Old 01-09-04, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

so now this means the return of sam seaborn....hopefully.
Old 01-11-04, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't get it. How do the networks expect to build viewership for a show if they don't give it a chance to build an audience. This is why more and more people are not watching Prime Time TV and are switching over to other forms of entertainment.
Old 01-11-04, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well damn.
And The Handler? . Geez...I thought it was doing pretty good in the ratings (for a 10PM Friday night show anyhow). So when are they gonna cancel something thats actually bad?