Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville 10/29

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-03, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smallville 10/29

Okay this is what I did not understand, perry said that the Kent's owe him because the accident was caused by him swerving out of the way of Clark. Perry was "off the breathalizer" drunk so legally it was his fault not the kents.
Old 10-29-03, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Perhaps the most satisfying episode of Smallville this season. The overall story arc felt complete, every base covered (or at least I think so... I was working on an orchestration project so my concentration may not have been completely there )

And hey, couldn't this be considered a topical episode? (The solar flair thing actually happened in real life today)
Old 10-29-03, 08:01 PM

how freaky was the whole solar flare coincidence.

pretty good episode, but i just wish that something would happen on this show. the whole "someone is suspicious that clark has powers" bit is really gettin stale by now.
Old 10-29-03, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by tonytapez
pretty good episode, but i just wish that something would happen on this show. the whole "someone is suspicious that clark has powers" bit is really gettin stale by now.
I feel the same way - I liked tonight's show, but do something w/ the damn story already...
Old 10-29-03, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
every episdoe this season has ended with clark and lana having a talk about how they are just friends. lame.

every week someone thinks clark has powers...lana should get suspicious.

didn't clark crash the red truck last week?
Old 10-29-03, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Didn't Chloe take down the wall of weird last week?
Old 10-29-03, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Venusian - yes.

calhoun - yes.

I noticed both and thought it was a little peculiar, but you know how it goes in Smallville, especially w/ these stand-alone eps.
Old 10-29-03, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

chole takes it down in clark's dream. when he wakes up, its back
Old 10-29-03, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I liked how they incorporated Perry White into the Superman mythos.

Using the happenstance of the solar flare to convince Perry White that Clark is just a guy with a hero complex will pay dividends down the line for Clark when he makes it to Metropolis one day. I liked how they laid the foundation of that future relationship while eliminating in Perry's mind of any possibility that Clark possesses supernatural abilities.
Old 10-30-03, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by DGibFen
Perhaps the most satisfying episode of Smallville this season.
Agreed. And that's really sad..

Well, at least Pete had more than two lines..

Next week's ep...
Old 10-30-03, 04:56 AM

Of all the things I could complain about, this question is bothering me the most:

How the hell many red trucks do the Kents own?!!

Didn't Jonathan and Martha total the thing when she lost the baby last year?

Didn't Clark total it AGAIN last week when he was in the dream and fell asleep at the wheel??

How much money do the Kents have? Buying a new truck (and apparantly the exact same color and make) every week...and do you know how much those tractors cost?!
Old 10-30-03, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Patman
I liked how they incorporated Perry White into the Superman mythos.

Using the happenstance of the solar flare to convince Perry White that Clark is just a guy with a hero complex will pay dividends down the line for Clark when he makes it to Metropolis one day. I liked how they laid the foundation of that future relationship while eliminating in Perry's mind of any possibility that Clark possesses supernatural abilities.
That was the main reason I liked the ep, too.

In regards to Kent's getting the same red pick-up and killing their tractor, they have the best damn insurance in the world for poor farmers.
Old 10-30-03, 06:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by B.A.hist
That was the main reason I liked the ep, too.

In regards to Kent's getting the same red pick-up and killing their tractor, they have the best damn insurance in the world for poor farmers.
But the deductible is a bitch.
Old 10-30-03, 06:47 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Rogue588
Next week's ep...
yes it looks so stupid Except for the part were it looks like lana is banging, plus how could Clark live on earth in another life wouldn't his other life be on krypton??
Old 10-30-03, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The whole solar flare angle was pretty good. I was wondering where the red truck came from too. Maybe Lex just keeps them in stock to give to the Kents.

I was glad to see Pete back in the mix. I don't think he necessarily adds anything to the show, but at least it gives the writers more people to include in the storylines.
Old 10-30-03, 08:10 AM

Originally posted by Spooky
Of all the things I could complain about, this question is bothering me the most:

How the hell many red trucks do the Kents own?!!

Didn't Jonathan and Martha total the thing when she lost the baby last year?

Didn't Clark total it AGAIN last week when he was in the dream and fell asleep at the wheel??

How much money do the Kents have? Buying a new truck (and apparantly the exact same color and make) every week...and do you know how much those tractors cost?!

AGREED! What happened to Clarks new truck that "BO DUKE" bought for him?
Old 10-30-03, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I liked how they laid the foundation of that future relationship while eliminating in Perry's mind of any possibility that Clark possesses supernatural abilities.
Seriously, if Perry White isn't still suspicious of Clark, he's a complete idiot. I've been really drunk before, but I've never hallucinated tractors falling out of the sky, guys running at supersonic speed, etc. Worst. Reporter. Ever.

It seems the writers have abandoned the Monster-of-the-Week stories for the PersonWhoFindsOutAboutClark'sSecret-of-the-Week. Perry's lucky to have gotten out of Smallville alive, instead of getting put in a nuthouse or killed.

I never thought I'd say this about a WB show, but I think they could use a little more introspection/drama over there. How about an episode about Clark's life where he/Lana/The Kents aren't in mortal danger?

Looks like next week's is a ST:TNG Holodek rip off. I'm sure it's a dream, or a vision, or some other assorted nonsense. Any excuse to show
Spoiler:
Clark and Lana together
without actually, you know,
Spoiler:
Clark and Lana actually BEING together
, I guess.

That said, this was one of the more enjoyable eps in a while, mostly because of Michael McKean. He was hilarious, especially the scene where he pours out his flask on the side of the road.

And where'd they find the lady playing Lex's psychiatrist, under a rock? She was distractingly unattractive.

Last edited by Meatpants; 10-30-03 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-30-03, 08:15 AM

Originally posted by kiddk1
AGREED! What happened to Clarks new truck that "BO DUKE" bought for him?
That new truck was just part of Clark's dream, as was the taking down of the Wall of Weird, as venusian noted above.

No excuse for the red truck that never dies. Maybe Clark is also a SuperMechanic?
Old 10-30-03, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Thoroughly enjoyable episode.
Old 10-30-03, 08:51 AM

When is Lana going to figure it out?
- Clark always saves her
- Kryponite Assassin told her clark had powers
- Perry White tells her clark has powers
- Other's have said things before
Old 10-30-03, 09:38 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
About the truck: It's just Christine reincarnated.
Old 10-30-03, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Meatpants
Seriously, if Perry White isn't still suspicious of Clark, he's a complete idiot. I've been really drunk before, but I've never hallucinated tractors falling out of the sky, guys running at supersonic speed, etc. Worst. Reporter. Ever.

Or Perry could be pullling a Lex here. Remember when Clark lost his powers before and Lex witnessed Clark's frailty, and called off that reporter? Of course, Lex still knows something is up. Seeing Clark get a bloody hand from rope burns doesn't account for the super speed or throwing a tractor half way across the county, and Perry just may know that. He might be playing his cards a tad closer to his chest. Or the writers are lazy.

The whole thing with Perry throwing himself off the edge reminded me of Superman 2 and Lois throwing herself into Niagra Falls.

But back to the rope burns: the next day Lana sees Clark after his powers are OK, including his healing powers, and his hands are HEALED. No scars, no scabs, just perfectly fine! Like when she saw him pulled out of a totaled truck and witnessed him just walk away, did she question it at all? No, she just came over to whine about their relationship, or lack thereof, some more. How many things must this girl witness before she just confronts his ass? Stop whining, beotch and show some back bone. She's got the backbone when she's kung-fu fighting, but when it comes to confronting Clark, she can't do it. She could never confront Whitney, and just mailed him his dear John video, and was relieved when he conveiently died in a foriegen country. Lana sucks.
Old 10-30-03, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by calhoun07
The whole thing with Perry throwing himself off the edge reminded me of Superman 2 and Lois throwing herself into Niagra Falls.
I thought the same thing..
But back to the rope burns: the next day Lana sees Clark after his powers are OK, including his healing powers, and his hands are HEALED. No scars, no scabs, just perfectly fine!
Glad to see I wasn't the only one that noticed it...too bad Lana didn't. Ya know what? Maybe Lana's noticed ALL these things and she's keeping quiet in hopes that Clark comes clean...

Nah.
Old 10-30-03, 11:25 AM

The solar flare causing surges in Clark's powers was a pretty cool idea. They also revealed/had Clark figure out that his powers come from the sun.

I just wish they hadn't tried to explain the solar flare by having a comet smash into the sun. Its not too rare for a comet to impact with the sun, but the result isn't a solar flare, nor is it heralded as the greatest astronomical event in recorded history (or whatever the reporter was saying). Sorry, end Astro astronomy rant.

They did a similar thing with Lex in season one when Clark lost his powers for an episode. Not a bad solution for the writers to take, I suppose. Lex has never seen Clark do what Perry saw though.

Speaking of which, why the hell is Clark running at super speed on a road?! I thought he wanted to avoid being seen. I guess that special effects shot would be harder to do if he's running through a field. Clark really needs to work on his display of powers around his house too. Every episode the writers toy with the notion of having Lex/Chloe/Lana arrive at the farm with no notice just after Clark a. is building a new fence by throwing posts into the ground, b. throwing bails of straw, or c. cooking toast with his heat vision.

Last edited by Astro; 10-30-03 at 11:42 AM.
Old 10-30-03, 11:42 AM

the writers are lazy.
Ding ding ding

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.