Reload this Page >

Monster Garage 10/27/03 - Grim Ripper II

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 10-28-03, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The build team of the original Grim Ripper, which failed, and was destroyed in a big car crusher explosion, returns to try again, and this time they suceed. I thought the final product, especially the paint job, was pretty cool looking, but did the producers not care that they went nearly $4000 over budget (they can spend $5000 + get one freebie, it looked like they spent over $9000 and got 2 freebies - fancy rims and a new engine).

I wish they could have found a way to get the DeLorian to hover, that would have been very cool.

Brian
Old 10-28-03, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I just glance by this show now. They still state in the rules that it must look stock, however the last few builds look no where near stock. I do not remember the back hoe option on the '53 Caddy Hearse. And the budgets are a joke, look at the Bronco build, they got about $40k in freebies.
Old 10-28-03, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They need to throw the vehicle must look stock rule out. Their vehicles never look stock. They should have a $5000 budget and then thats it. This show is getting dumber and dumber every time.
Old 10-28-03, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Cusm
I just glance by this show now. They still state in the rules that it must look stock, however the last few builds look no where near stock.
My favorite is the motor home turned skate park. That didn't even slightly resemble a motor home when they were finished. Very, very lame.