Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Justice League 10/25

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-03, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Justice League 10/25

Good to see them go back to the Lantern Corps. I thought this one was much better than In Blackest Night. GL was always my favorite JLA character when I was reading comics back in the 70s. Granted I was accustomed to Hal Jordan. I like seeing the other GLs. to the Kyle Rayner reference and the humor of the Kilowog/Flash scenes.

This episode almost a Heavy Metal quality to it btwn the death of 2 GLs, the animation, the sex factor with Katma.

This season has been so much better than last.
Old 10-27-03, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This has been a great season.

"In Darkest Night" was one of my favorite 2-parters in JL, but I agree that this one was better.
Old 10-27-03, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I enjoyed this one better than the Savage episode, but don't like it when only half the League actually shows up!
Old 10-27-03, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally posted by Chew
I enjoyed this one better than the Savage episode, but don't like it when only half the League actually shows up!

Yeah - that was a bit disapointing, especially since it was the Big-3 that were missing - so far, 2 eps had no WW and 2 had no Supes.
Old 10-27-03, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Flash has turned into my favorite character on the show. The 'impetence' comment/scene was hilarious.

I agree it is annoying when some members are left out with no explanation. Last weeks space gun didn't have Superman in it. You would think he would show up if a space gun was taking out stuff on earth.
Old 10-27-03, 01:06 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Yeah, but Flash still doesn't do anything. And he's not fast enough. In the DCU he's almost a god.

Thought this episode was OK. Plot was a little lame (I was waiting for sandworms), but this season is so different from the last it's like a different show. Much more sophisticated plots, much more adult.

What I was dissapointed with was when Katma was reteaching Jon how to use his ring, she chastised the Corp for using it as a sledge. After doing geometric shapes I prayed he'd do a giant hand or something, but in the end it was just beams and shields.

Last edited by Eric F; 10-27-03 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-27-03, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was surprised they killed off a couple GLs. Guess I am still not used to cartoons killing people on screen.

In the comic books is Pac-Man looking guy a GL? The one that died sure looked like he would chomp a power-pill and eat his way to victory.
Old 10-27-03, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,366 Likes on 928 Posts
i liked it, but i did agree that w/o supes and batman, it doesn't seem like a true JL episode.

Good to see David Keith and Dennis Haysbert get some voice acting work.
Old 10-28-03, 11:33 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
I dunno, team-ups can be good. The Gorilla Grod episode was arguably the best episode from last season.

Still, there wasn't enough going on here to make it interesting- Yes, I'm pretty sure those two GL's killed off were members of the Corp in the DCU- But Hal killed off most of the GLs when he went nuts anyways...