Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Northern Exposure on DVD?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 10-25-03, 03:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know of a region 2 release of the first season of Northern Exposure? I have found it on ebay and on a few British sites, but I am wondering if it's a bootleg? I found it at Tesco.com

T
Old 10-26-03, 04:40 AM
Cool New Member

Tesco is the UK's largest food retailer and does not sell bootlegs!

If you check www.hmv.co.uk you will see that this is an HMV exclusive from Universal. It now may be available from a wider range of retailers but I wouldn't be certain. I gather suppliers may send out lists with exclusives to other retailers but in the end will not supply them. Tesco will either get the proper disc assuming that it is still not an HMV exlusive or they will not be able to get the disc.

As a general point it is a serious offence to sell bootlegs in the UK and you will not find them from any proper retailer. Of course that doesn't mean that bootlegs are not available - I am sure I saw a DTS version of "Killing Bill" being sold by a woman sitting on the pavement near Moorgate Tube station (she looked chinease so perhaps they were R3 bootlegs). As for Ebay well it may or may not be a bootleg.
Old 10-26-03, 07:07 PM

Only HMV. I checked all over. Would be nice, but the price ain't right and there's only season 1 (a short season, at that)